[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Frank back in NY
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
5/23/2018  7:39 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:The NBA Frist Rookie team voting - It really does point towards future success in the NBA

Who wouldn't want a starting five of Trey Burke, THJR, Landry fields, Willy Hernangomez and Jahlil Okafor?
I mean what team would ever score anything more than seventy total points agaisnt this defensive death squad?

And to think they could have Shump and Channing Frye off the bench! WOW
Apparently the people who vote pay attention to *cough* DEFENSE.

Coaches vote.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
5/23/2018  8:08 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:The NBA Frist Rookie team voting - It really does point towards future success in the NBA

Who wouldn't want a starting five of Trey Burke, THJR, Landry fields, Willy Hernangomez and Jahlil Okafor?
I mean what team would ever score anything more than seventy total points agaisnt this defensive death squad?

Coaches vote.

They do but realistically coaches get to see a player up close 2-5 times a year. And they you are asking them to compare a rookie to another rookie, who they only watched in person 2-5 times a year.

I am sure they watch the highlights.

Also, they must not have payed much attention to that coach in Boston.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
CrushAlot
USA
5/23/2018  9:30 PM
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Coaches vote.

They do but realistically coaches get to see a player up close 2-5 times a year. And they you are asking them to compare a rookie to another rookie, who they only watched in person 2-5 times a year.

The stuff with Stevens was weird. I did hear speculation that coaches voted for Casey to make it harder for the raptors to fire him.
martin
USA
5/23/2018  11:14 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Coaches vote.

The stuff with Stevens was weird. I did hear speculation that coaches voted for Casey to make it harder for the raptors to fire him.

I’d be a nice show of respect.... which would also have zero impact on the decision itself

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

5/24/2018  12:26 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/24/2018  12:26 AM
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Coaches vote.

Given the starting squad I listed, you have to seriously doubt their ability to evaluate overall "fit" as a voting bloc. To then have fans cite the same lopsided voting results as a basis for evaluating which rookie will really have the best future in teh NBA is really funny. These teams along with the all star teams are basically popularity contests. Do the coaches do slightly better than a staright out facebook poll, probably but not by much. Just looking at the last few years they have done a pretty lousy job, overall.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
CrushAlot
USA
5/24/2018  5:42 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Coaches vote.

Given the starting squad I listed, you have to seriously doubt their ability to evaluate overall "fit" as a voting bloc. To then have fans cite the same lopsided voting results as a basis for evaluating which rookie will really have the best future in teh NBA is really funny. These teams along with the all star teams are basically popularity contests. Do the coaches do slightly better than a staright out facebook poll, probably but not by much. Just looking at the last few years they have done a pretty lousy job, overall.

Coaches vote for the all rookie teams. Media members vote for the all NBA team. The all NBA vote is/was flawed. Because all NBA team status can be tied into a players contract media members probably should not allowed to arbitrarily decide who is on the team. In regards to the all rookie squad you cited, the talent pool changes every year. Some squads, like this years maybe much stronger because they come from a stronger rookie class.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
5/24/2018  9:30 AM
back to topic:

https://nypost.com/2018/05/23/david-fizdales-playoff-trip-telling-sign-for-one-young-knick/

I love that Fizdale is taking time out with these young players!

martin
USA
5/24/2018  10:16 AM
franco12 wrote:back to topic:

https://nypost.com/2018/05/23/david-fizdales-playoff-trip-telling-sign-for-one-young-knick/

Bringing them to a game to watch and feel the intensity of the Boston guards and players is just gold.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
5/24/2018  10:49 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/24/2018  10:50 AM
martin wrote:

Bringing them to a game to watch and feel the intensity of the Boston guards and players is just gold.

this photos doesn't exactly look like they're having fun, they all seem to be in their own world...lol

They couldn't get better seats then that

ES
reub
Member: #6227

5/24/2018  11:05 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:

this photos doesn't exactly look like they're having fun, they all seem to be in their own world...lol

Dotson's thinking: "Just let me play this year coach."
Mudiay: "You mean Fiz really wants me to work hard and get in shape now?"
Fiz: "I love my kids."
Frank: "I will rule the world some day."

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/24/2018  3:38 PM
reub wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:

Dotson: "Baker not hear, Nope. Im here!"
Mudiay: "man, cotton candy look good here!!"
Frank: "Zee chowder head fans they bore me, No? Why dis Fizz him bring me?"
(Grinning Fiz) "I can't stop smiling, I have to stop! The private jet here? That was killer, Lebron looks tired. Man he'd look good in knick uni!
Hope my wife waits up for me. Life is sooo good now..........I can't stop smiling!!!!!"

reub
Member: #6227

5/24/2018  5:02 PM
Nalod wrote:
reub wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:

Dotson: "Baker not hear, Nope. Im here!"
Mudiay: "man, cotton candy look good here!!"
Frank: "Zee chowder head fans they bore me, No? Why dis Fizz him bring me?"
(Grinning Fiz) "I can't stop smiling, I have to stop! The private jet here? That was killer, Lebron looks tired. Man he'd look good in knick uni!
Hope my wife waits up for me. Life is sooo good now..........I can't stop smiling!!!!!"

Great stuff, Nalod!
CrushAlot
USA
5/24/2018  5:16 PM
martin wrote:

I agree. It seems like the coach and front office are on the same page. Also, awesome that Porzingis was excited after talking with the coach.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
5/30/2018  7:31 PM
That’s right young man! Keep on working on those skills 👍🏾

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
5/30/2018  9:08 PM
nixluva wrote:That’s right young man! Keep on working on those skills 👍🏾

ha. it’s not a great video, but i really do believe in frank too and i am rooting hard for him.

knickstorrents
Member: #3050
Hong Kong
5/30/2018  11:12 PM
I'm all on board the Frank train. CHOO CHOO
Rose is not the answer.
Ira
Member: #91
5/31/2018  9:13 AM
I'm a Frank fan too. I think you'll see his offensive game - especially his three point shooting - improve year after year. It wasn't a sexy draft pick, but it was a smart one.
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

5/31/2018  9:25 AM
I'm a Frank fan too but think we missed our chance on something great. Not a knick on him because he can become great. I think PGs don't fully develop in the NBA until three years, at the earliest. I just think it's foolish to bank on him to be something the way we banked on him last year
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/31/2018  12:16 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:I'm a Frank fan too but think we missed our chance on something great. Not a knick on him because he can become great. I think PGs don't fully develop in the NBA until three years, at the earliest. I just think it's foolish to bank on him to be something the way we banked on him last year

What did we miss on?

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
5/31/2018  1:00 PM
Nalod wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:I'm a Frank fan too but think we missed our chance on something great. Not a knick on him because he can become great. I think PGs don't fully develop in the NBA until three years, at the earliest. I just think it's foolish to bank on him to be something the way we banked on him last year

What did we miss on?

Donovan?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Frank back in NY

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy