[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Would you do this trade?
Author Thread
fitzfarm
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3285

5/19/2018  11:06 AM
KP for the number one pick ? Suns say they would trade it for a star?

deandre ayton Or KP who will have the better career?

By the way I love KP but Ayton is in a league of his own.

AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
5/19/2018  11:14 AM
I haven't considered Ayton because I thought there was no way the Knicks would get the first overall pick. I was really disappointed with his team being knocked out in the play in game. The rumor is that the Suns want a pick and a vet for #1. There are rumors that they want a guy like Mikal because he is a better fit with their roster. I also have heard speculation that they want to move back one or two spots like the Celtics did last year and then take Doncic. I don't think the Knicks should go there.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
5/19/2018  12:47 PM
fitzfarm wrote:KP for the number one pick ? Suns say they would trade it for a star?

This had been discussed many times and still no way. Same reason not to trade KP last year for the #1 pick. No guarantees in the draft. Ayton didn't look good in the tournament. No definite franchise players in this draft.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
5/19/2018  1:07 PM
Straight up ok for Aayton- yes but the Suns won’t do it. I don’t see Kp staying healthy.
RIP Crushalot😞
reub
Member: #6227

5/19/2018  4:21 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Straight up ok for Aayton- yes but the Suns won’t do it. I don’t see Kp staying healthy.

That's what Phil Jackson thought. He was going to trade KP for a bundle last year before he got canned. We could have gotten three young studs for him then.
Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
5/19/2018  4:27 PM
I lived in Greenwich for years and befriended David Altchek who was surgeon for KP and head of sports medecine at HSS. He’d level w me re KP. Meanwhile the greenwich rehab physician gets the print and shouldn’t.
Swishfm3
Member: #392
5/19/2018  4:49 PM
yes.

IMO, KP will not be the NBA superstar some hope he will be and this injury is a huge setback. If we can trade him while the ceiling is still somewhat high for him, I say go for it.

TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

5/19/2018  6:43 PM
fitzfarm wrote:KP for the number one pick ? Suns say they would trade it for a star?

The first overall pick currently has more market value than Zinger alone right now.

It would not be an even trade. The Knicks would need to put in Zinger plus other things to get the 1st overall pick. I know it's not what people here want to hear, but Zinger is injured and has had public turmoil with the franchise.

Point to note, NO ONE IS DOING ANYTHING until the Karl Anthony Towns situation in the league is settled. If Towns tries to force a trade, no team will do anything until it's clear they can't get Towns.

The Cousins injury changed a bunch of things. It elevated Clint Capelas market value. It gave Towns an incentive to try to force a trade, which he is doing right now.

Enjoy it while it lasts, guys. This is the offseason where things are going to come to a head for the league. The seeds of the next massive labor war are being planted right now.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
5/19/2018  10:22 PM
reub wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Straight up ok for Aayton- yes but the Suns won’t do it. I don’t see Kp staying healthy.

That's what Phil Jackson thought. He was going to trade KP for a bundle last year before he got canned. We could have gotten three young studs for him then.

I wonder if 1 of them was Lauri M. I don’t see KA much more advanced than him anyway

RIP Crushalot😞
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
5/19/2018  11:33 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/19/2018  11:35 PM
Nothing against KP but if I can push paying a player i would because the Knicks window of opportunity no longer fits KP’s pay date.
smackeddog
Member: #883
5/20/2018  3:33 AM
My worries for KP are mainly around him not wanting to be here and maybe him and his brother kicking up a fuss next year- if that's going to happen, I'd rather trade him now.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/20/2018  4:15 AM
Does anyone think it wise for the suns to trade for a payer out with ACL and give up the top pick?
This is not a window likely open at the moment.
Mike1989
Member: #8627

5/20/2018  6:06 AM
I can think of some reasons why we should consider it if the Suns phoned us...

1. KP has not played a full season yet and always seems to have some knock he is dealing with.

2. He’s just tore his ACL which players do comeback from, but considering he’s not been totally durable to date it does make you question how successful his comeback will be and whether he might suffer another injury.

3. KP had issues with the front office the other year. Maybe they have made up and put the past behind them, then again you do still hear people bring up the mistrust and falling out between our team and KP. If there are still lingering issues that could affect a future extension, players have forced their way out of teams before.

4. Who do you rate more, Ayton or KP? If it’s the former and you think Ayton is going to make all star appearances for the next decade and be one of the best in the league, while KP will be good but not that good, then you do a deal. However if you think KP can be that guy as well you either bet on what you’ve got staying healthy or you bet on the new guy and with that comes risk of not living up to the hype and/or him staying healthy.

For me, I’d keep KP, but I’d be lying if I said I wouldn’t consider a deal because as good as KP is I just don’t see a guy that’s going to be durable long term. It wouldn’t surprise me if he’s getting done before he’s 30 if he doesn’t comeback and stay injury free. With that said I’d still retain him and build around him rather than place my bets on a new rookie.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

5/20/2018  8:47 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/20/2018  9:35 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
reub wrote:

I wonder if 1 of them was Lauri M. I don’t see KA much more advanced than him anyway

you mean offensively? I wanted to move KP as well but even I'm not going to pretend Markannen is anywhere near the defensive player KP is.
What type of deal are we getting for KP last year? Markannen, and this years Bulls pick. That wouldn't be enough for me. There were 2 teams I would of done a deal with. The suns and Celtics thats it. No one else had the combo of picks and established players. The Suns because maybe we dump Noah and the Celtics because they had Jaylen Brown.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
5/20/2018  10:32 AM
Vmart wrote:Nothing against KP but if I can push paying a player i would because the Knicks window of opportunity no longer fits KP’s pay date.

I'm here - and I think the issue isn't paying him, but it's paying a player you still don't know if they are good or not?

We had a 10 game sample of KP the Unicorn, then he got tired, and broke down - just like he has the prior two seasons.

Yes, he is young, but other youngsters haven't had that same injury/stamina problem.

Knixkik
USA
5/20/2018  4:58 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/20/2018  4:59 PM
Some people have lost their minds here. There will never be a player that satisfies the fanbase. Those wanting to trade him for Ayton are the same that wanted to trade him for Fultz. How would that have worked out? There are no guarantees in the draft.
Knixkik
USA
5/20/2018  5:25 PM

What is it with you and guys who play no defense? Ayton was mediocre this year and his likely skill set is a lesser KAT. Can score and rebound, but struggle on D. You can't build around a player like that. KP has injury concerns but when healthy he can be a force on both ends. We need to build a great defense. If we trade KP for Ayton watch him become a bust because that is what we deserve.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/20/2018  6:20 PM
Anyone think that KP might have a problem with PHX fromt office?
We freaking Phired Phil, Hired a new GM, Fired the coach, hired a new one.
Its all new. KP is a diva then he is a diva and PHX would be concerned.
Get it?
fwk00
Member: #6048

5/20/2018  7:02 PM
KP needs to be made available now and going forward. I'm less concerned about the injury as I am about his behavior and prima donna entitlement attitude.

He hasn't done squat and the Knicks treat him with kid gloves.

Trade him now. Build around Frankie.

HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

5/20/2018  7:31 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/20/2018  7:35 PM

A couple of things that worry me about Ayton. One, he reminds me of Greg Oden. One injury away from being forgotten. Two, his game is better suited for the 80's and 90's.

Think they want out of the top 2 as Ayton and Doncic may have the biggest bust potential. Trade down to 3 to 8 and pick up another pick may not be so dumb.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Would you do this trade?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy