[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

For those who want Kanter gone....
Author Thread
awe1028
Posts: 20109
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/4/2009
Member: #2780

5/16/2018  6:12 AM
For those who want Kanter gone I refer you to game 1 of the GS Houston series. Draymond Green punked arguably Houston's best player and the Rockets rolled up into a ball, curled up into the fetal position, cried for their mommas, cried uncle I could go on on.
Do you think if Kanter was on the court that would have happened? If kanter was there do you think Green would have tried it and even if he did do you think Kanter would have let him get away with it.
Green stepped to James Harden and in that one moment he took Houston's heart and for all intents and purposes this series is over
To those who are so anxious to get rid of Kanter I say to be careful what you wish for.
AUTOADVERT
franco12
Posts: 30112
Alba Posts: 4
Joined: 2/19/2004
Member: #599
USA
5/16/2018  7:58 AM
this is a problem far away for this franchise.

I like Kanter cause he's tough. He is a gamer. He's a great guy to go to battle with. And he's young.

But, he is not perfect, has holes in his game and is getting paid a lot of money, and potentially, looking for a huge next contract.

The question you have to ask is does he line up time wise with this franchise and can we find ways to mask his deficiencies and after all that, is he a starter or 6th man? And can you afford to pay him that much for the role, or can we simply keep KOQ who provides many of the same qualities of toughness, granted without the scoring, for far less?

Vmart
Posts: 30673
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 5/23/2002
Member: #247
USA
5/16/2018  8:14 AM
Kanter should not be retained. Hell Noah can do the same damn thing if you want someone to stand up for your teammates. He has a ridiculously over priced contract. In today’s NBA he is more a liability because he lacks defensive edge doesn’t spread the floor and honestly he is a black hole. Should have just kept Willie.
Ira
Posts: 24477
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 8/14/2001
Member: #91
5/16/2018  8:56 AM
O'Quinn would be the best guy to stand up for his teammates. I'd like to see Kanter opt out and the Knicks re-sign O'Quinn. We need a center who plays both sides of the court.
anrst
Posts: 22386
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 12/7/2005
Member: #1054
USA
5/16/2018  9:44 AM
Green pushing Harden had absolutely nothing to do with how the rockets played or why the warriors won
Nalod
Posts: 55477
Alba Posts: 151
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
5/16/2018  10:14 AM
Knicks not in playoffs let alone conf. finals.
I like Kanter even at 15-17mm per year for three years.
Not with Noah on the payroll though.
The reality is there will be a center or a 3 for us at this draft. If Kanter wants to walk that's cool but I hope we can get one season out of Noah.
Regarding tough man stuff? Team has to have the talent AND the mental makeup.
Im not worried about our toughness because our talent has not evolved for that to be an issue.
Knicks1248: 1. Dolan should be more involved! 2. Why would any knick fan want pick 8, when that spot has a history of producing marginal NBA taken. (He prefers pick 9th instead)
Chandler
Posts: 22439
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 11/26/2015
Member: #6197

5/16/2018  10:22 AM
I like Kanter and think he fits in nicely with KP

But two big concerns:
1) price. we would have two centers at 17mill. One plays poor D; the other plays poor O
2) I can't see Fizz liking him. I see Donovan-esque long stretches on the pine for poor D. Can't spend 17 mill for a 20-24minute guy who can't close games

Who knows, maybe Fizz seems some Ben Wallace or Dikembe in him and can up his defensive game

DJMUSIC: Fisher talked a good game in Post game but aside from that Derek Fisher was ALL CHIT CHAT SH_t and produced nothing!
meloshouldgo
Posts: 24861
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/3/2014
Member: #5801

5/16/2018  10:31 AM
The starting argument is weak. Houston lost because their style of play got exposed by a superior team. Isolation offense isn't enough to win in today's NBA by itself. Game 1 was exihibit A
The only things that trickle down are wages and horse shit
jrodmc
Posts: 30765
Alba Posts: 50
Joined: 11/24/2004
Member: #805
USA
5/16/2018  12:13 PM
If Kanter's in that game, Houston's D would be even more porous, and trading technicals with Draymond wouldn't really change things.

Standing up to LeQ really pays long term dividends, doesn't it...

You guys spend a lot of time commenting on the internet?
knicks1248
Posts: 37163
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 2/3/2004
Member: #582
5/16/2018  12:16 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:The starting argument is weak. Houston lost because their style of play got exposed by a superior team. Isolation offense isn't enough to win in today's NBA by itself. Game 1 was exihibit A

When have you ever associated ISO ball and MDA system, thats not the problem. The rockets don't stack up to well against GSW because the don't have the athletic guys that can speed up the flow. The playoffs have always been about match ups and adjustments

ES
meloshouldgo
Posts: 24861
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/3/2014
Member: #5801

5/16/2018  12:23 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:The starting argument is weak. Houston lost because their style of play got exposed by a superior team. Isolation offense isn't enough to win in today's NBA by itself. Game 1 was exihibit A

When have you ever associated ISO ball and MDA system, thats not the problem. The rockets don't stack up to well against GSW because the don't have the athletic guys that can speed up the flow. The playoffs have always been about match ups and adjustments

I admit I am surprised that an MDA tan is playing iso ball. But I can't deny what I am seeing.

In fact when MDA was here, certain players refused to play his system and reverted to iso ball as well. The same maybe happening in Houston. The "stars" maybe dictating the system of play more than the coach.

The only things that trickle down are wages and horse shit
Paris907
Posts: 21122
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/4/2015
Member: #6099
USA
5/16/2018  12:24 PM
I see your point but price aside given the talent of new 5s in the league Kanter is a relic. He can’t ahoot or play defense. Ayers Embiid and most centers can take him outside or inside. It’s time to secure a 5
GustavBahler
Posts: 34105
Alba Posts: 15
Joined: 7/12/2010
Member: #3186

5/16/2018  12:32 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:The starting argument is weak. Houston lost because their style of play got exposed by a superior team. Isolation offense isn't enough to win in today's NBA by itself. Game 1 was exihibit A

When have you ever associated ISO ball and MDA system, thats not the problem. The rockets don't stack up to well against GSW because the don't have the athletic guys that can speed up the flow. The playoffs have always been about match ups and adjustments

I admit I am surprised that an MDA tan is playing iso ball. But I can't deny what I am seeing.

In fact when MDA was here, certain players refused to play his system and reverted to iso ball as well. The same maybe happening in Houston. The "stars" maybe dictating the system of play more than the coach.

GS has often been the best defensive squad in the playoffs. Combine that with the traditionally slower place in the playoffs. Its possible that Houston is being forced to play this kind of ball,in part because they dont have a low post scoring threat.

Most of the scoring is coming from the backcourt. If their shots arent falling, its trouble. GS is a threat from everywhere.

knicks1248
Posts: 37163
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 2/3/2004
Member: #582
5/16/2018  1:31 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:The starting argument is weak. Houston lost because their style of play got exposed by a superior team. Isolation offense isn't enough to win in today's NBA by itself. Game 1 was exihibit A

When have you ever associated ISO ball and MDA system, thats not the problem. The rockets don't stack up to well against GSW because the don't have the athletic guys that can speed up the flow. The playoffs have always been about match ups and adjustments

I admit I am surprised that an MDA tan is playing iso ball. But I can't deny what I am seeing.

In fact when MDA was here, certain players refused to play his system and reverted to iso ball as well. The same maybe happening in Houston. The "stars" maybe dictating the system of play more than the coach.

GS has often been the best defensive squad in the playoffs. Combine that with the traditionally slower place in the playoffs. Its possible that Houston is being forced to play this kind of ball,in part because they dont have a low post scoring threat.

Most of the scoring is coming from the backcourt. If their shots arent falling, its trouble. GS is a threat from everywhere.

Your talking about a team that attempted over 50 3-pointers in several games and even as many as 60 attempts in one game. They compensate for their lack of speed and athleticism by shooting lights out, but GSW can match their 3's, and up the pace and have the defense not to mention Kerrs familiarity with MDA's thinking. It's going to interesting to see what adjustments the rockets make because MDA always feels like his opponent needs to adjust to his style, and that his team just needs to execute better

ES
dwiley20
Posts: 20480
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 2/18/2014
Member: #5755

5/16/2018  1:38 PM
If this was the case I rather have Noah...let the bum walk
nykshaknbake
Posts: 22009
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 11/15/2003
Member: #492
5/16/2018  3:32 PM
If you had Kanter matched up with Green, Green would have like 35 points per game. Kanter just isn't worth 18 million or anywhere close with his lack of defense, passing and range.
wargames
Posts: 21134
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/27/2015
Member: #6053

5/16/2018  4:24 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/16/2018  4:24 PM
nykshaknbake wrote:If you had Kanter matched up with Green, Green would have like 35 points per game. Kanter just isn't worth 18 million or anywhere close with his lack of defense, passing and range.

No let OP talk. I want to hear more about "being punked" and less about actual basketball and playoff matchups....... who needs reality when we can get into "attitude and toughness"

Vmart
Posts: 30673
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 5/23/2002
Member: #247
USA
5/16/2018  5:37 PM
jrodmc wrote:If Kanter's in that game, Houston's D would be even more porous, and trading technicals with Draymond wouldn't really change things.

Standing up to LeQ really pays long term dividends, doesn't it...

Your very right. If standing up to LeBron gets this type of response from fans. Jared Jefferies should be the King of New York for the way he went after Melo.

GustavBahler
Posts: 34105
Alba Posts: 15
Joined: 7/12/2010
Member: #3186

5/16/2018  6:12 PM
Vmart wrote:
jrodmc wrote:If Kanter's in that game, Houston's D would be even more porous, and trading technicals with Draymond wouldn't really change things.

Standing up to LeQ really pays long term dividends, doesn't it...

Your very right. If standing up to LeBron gets this type of response from fans. Jared Jefferies should be the King of New York for the way he went after Melo.

Kanter wouldnt have been a good fit in Houston as a starter, but Im sure OKC noticed what happened without his instant offense off the bench.

If they had made a deal to keep Kanter, Melo's lack of production, wouldnt have been nearly as much of a dagger.

They also had Adams, which gave OKC the option of throwing two big men at teams, with different styles. Houston doesnt have that.

anrst
Posts: 22386
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 12/7/2005
Member: #1054
USA
5/17/2018  12:22 PM
warriors lost game 2 b/c draymond didn't push harden b/c draymond was scared that kanter was rooting for the rockets
For those who want Kanter gone....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.