[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Uh oh. If Fizdale sees L Thomas as his Dray Green we have a problem
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
5/10/2018  8:19 PM
Hearing L Thomas swill have any kind of prominent role makes me want to puke. Lets face it--this team will never ever win. Id be doiung everything I can to rids myself of the L Thomas types. I dont mind L Thomas as the 13th guy making 1mm but not as a starter making 7.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
blkexec
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #748
5/10/2018  8:20 PM
1st....fiz is a young excited coach from LA. He does not know NY...like us. And when your excited.... and young.. .u are feeling ur way around. One thing I know about fiz..... he don't give a rat's azz and he's very stubborn. Everything u want in a new coach....except his missing N.Y. culture. Can't have everything .

I see nothing wrong giving your players goals to reach. Leave this man alone. and let him coach and communicate as he see fit. He has plenty of management around him checking him on these details. This is not thread worthy. In fact it's damaging because it gives the next air head freedom to create another bonehead thread on how he sneezes.

Back to Lance.....yall better put some respect on his name. He's the only one on the team back then and now.....after melo....guarding every superstar for the opposing team. He can shoot 3s. But where's he's similar to green is IQ. Coach fiz is challenging him to become that Draymon Green type for us. OK.....move on. I'm sure he will give each player a goal to reach.... I see nothing wrong here. Just sounds like Briggs is bored again

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
5/10/2018  9:17 PM
blkexec wrote:1st....fiz is a young excited coach from LA. He does not know NY...like us. And when your excited.... and young.. .u are feeling ur way around. One thing I know about fiz..... he don't give a rat's azz and he's very stubborn. Everything u want in a new coach....except his missing N.Y. culture. Can't have everything .

I see nothing wrong giving your players goals to reach. Leave this man alone. and let him coach and communicate as he see fit. He has plenty of management around him checking him on these details. This is not thread worthy. In fact it's damaging because it gives the next air head freedom to create another bonehead thread on how he sneezes.

Back to Lance.....yall better put some respect on his name. He's the only one on the team back then and now.....after melo....guarding every superstar for the opposing team. He can shoot 3s. But where's he's similar to green is IQ. Coach fiz is challenging him to become that Draymon Green type for us. OK.....move on. I'm sure he will give each player a goal to reach.... I see nothing wrong here. Just sounds like Briggs is bored again

This. Fiz has to work with what he was given. There is a reason Lance is a favorite of the coaches and a team captain. I think the Knicks did well getting a coach that was the most desired candidate out there. I have no issues that he is letting his players know he has expectations for them.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
5/10/2018  9:35 PM
Panos wrote:More like he's this roster's Jared Jeffries, an overrated defender and ZERO on offense.

Please send the memo

ES
Sangfroid
Member: #2784

5/10/2018  10:07 PM
jskinny35 wrote:I think his comments are about fit, as Lance was really good for us several years ago. Back then we had more scoring and floor balance so Lance didn't need to offer much offense. Ideally, Burke steps up, Frank plays the 2, Hardaway becomes the highest paid 6th man and we draft a Mikal Bridges that gives us a 3 and D presence at the small forward position. Lance could be that glue guy that is first forward off the bench and productive for us. If the roster stays the same, I would expect Lance to struggle because he's in too high of a role and isn't surrounded by players that can offset his limitations.

Looking at the makings of your line-up, THJ as the 6th man scares me. Timmy can go a loooong time without getting hot. I prefer Burke as the 6th man. He brings more bang into the game, more change of pace. He might also be a liability at the starting PG spot on defense.

"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
knickstorrents
Member: #3050
Hong Kong
5/10/2018  10:11 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/10/2018  10:38 PM
The Knicks (and probably most organizations) are **** at player development. Let's see what Fiz can do with what we've got. Hypothetical - would Draymond Green be Draymond Green if the Knicks drafted him? Probably not.
Rose is not the answer.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/11/2018  8:03 AM
10 min in add Briggs is freaking out.
Did he say Lance is starting?
fwk00
Member: #6048

5/11/2018  8:40 AM
Dolan is probably thinking that going on a long European tour is probably a good idea.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
5/11/2018  9:14 AM
What is he supposed to do - say no wonder this team sucks - it's got guys like Lance that are overpaid and lack talent.

His job is to try to win with the talent he is given.

We have ZERO insight into any personnel discussions our FO has had. Maybe Perry told Fiz - try to hype these guys value, we're going to try to move them to clear cap room for 2019.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
5/11/2018  9:20 AM
franco12 wrote:What is he supposed to do - say no wonder this team sucks - it's got guys like Lance that are overpaid and lack talent.

We have ZERO insight into any personnel discussions our FO has had. Maybe Perry told Fiz - try to hype these guys value, we're going to try to move them to clear cap room for 2019.

He should be demanding Trea Young and Hasheem Thabeet and screaming it from the mountain tops.

Agree with you Franco, Crush, blkexe... training camp is 5 months away and Briggs is crying about Lance Thomas. Hello summer!

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
knicks1248
Member: #582
5/11/2018  9:55 AM
fiz can go a long way if can fix

1) 3 point defense, and attempts

Execution in the clutch, especially after timeout's

more FT attempt

Correct that, and it's 12 to 15 extra wins

ES
Nalod
USA
5/11/2018  11:02 AM
knicks1248 wrote:fiz can go a long way if can fix

1) 3 point defense, and attempts

Execution in the clutch, especially after timeout's

more FT attempt

Correct that, and it's 12 to 15 extra wins

Damn, coaching is so easy!

Just cluck them bling kicks three times and its done!

blkexec
Member: #748
5/11/2018  11:41 AM
fishmike wrote:
franco12 wrote:What is he supposed to do - say no wonder this team sucks - it's got guys like Lance that are overpaid and lack talent.

He should be demanding Trea Young and Hasheem Thabeet and screaming it from the mountain tops.

Agree with you Franco, Crush, blkexe... training camp is 5 months away and Briggs is crying about Lance Thomas. Hello summer!

I think Briggs enjoys spreading panic.

Well, the good news is Dolan has approved a normal slow win now and win later player development build. At least those were the words from Mills mouth (celtics are a good example off winning, while building)....Then Perry and Fiz talks about defense. Fiz not putting anybody in a box. All great things to hear. Now its up to Briggs and other pessimistic fans to relax.....food taste better cooked in the oven than the microwave.....And I think management finally realized this. We sucked for 20 years....Now it's time to give these guys some time to no suck.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
5/11/2018  1:23 PM
blkexec wrote:
fishmike wrote:

I think Briggs enjoys spreading panic.

Well, the good news is Dolan has approved a normal slow win now and win later player development build. At least those were the words from Mills mouth (celtics are a good example off winning, while building)....Then Perry and Fiz talks about defense. Fiz not putting anybody in a box. All great things to hear. Now its up to Briggs and other pessimistic fans to relax.....food taste better cooked in the oven than the microwave.....And I think management finally realized this. We sucked for 20 years....Now it's time to give these guys some time to no suck.

Let me just say that I agree Lance is pretty much garbage, but it is what it is. He tries and he's not a knucklehead (take him over JR Smith any day I don't have Lebron on the roster).

Nalod
USA
5/11/2018  3:23 PM
Lance would enhance a better team.
We call him garbage but coaches and players love him.
Chandler
Member: #6197

5/11/2018  5:52 PM
Lance is not garbage; nor is he Draymond (on multiple levels) -- one positive difference is Lance seems like a genuinely good guy and Draymond seems to be a ball-kicking douche
(5)(5)
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

5/11/2018  10:06 PM
Chandler wrote:Lance is not garbage; nor is he Draymond (on multiple levels) -- one positive difference is Lance seems like a genuinely good guy and Draymond seems to be a ball-kicking douche

Great we have the good guy who sholdn't play consistent NBA minutes instead of the douche who can put up a triple double on any night

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

5/12/2018  10:46 AM
fishmike wrote:Well your not Fizdale. Your Briggs. We will see what Fizdale does with the roster. You just keep on giving us those awesome playoff predicitons

But here's the quote for those wondering:

Fizdale even compared Thomas to All-Star Draymond Green.

"He's a Swiss Army knife-type of player that can guard multiple positions and you can run offense through him," the coach said on WFAN. "I think he can push the ball off the break a lot like Draymond Green plays. Obviously the thing I'm going to demand from Lance is to play defense like Draymond. And be a guy that's pushing to be a First Team All-Defender."

You'r right Fish, nothing like this board to take **** completely out of context. What the guy said clearly references defense and to a lesser extent running the offense. But the only thing people heard are "Draymond Green" and "comparison". We live in country where people can't or won't comprehend a full sentences and nuanced speech is a lost art form. The people need disjointed keywords so they can connect them up in what passes for their minds and arrive at the wrong conclusion with alarming cnsistency!

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Nalod
USA
5/12/2018  5:12 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
fishmike wrote:Well your not Fizdale. Your Briggs. We will see what Fizdale does with the roster. You just keep on giving us those awesome playoff predicitons

But here's the quote for those wondering:

Fizdale even compared Thomas to All-Star Draymond Green.

"He's a Swiss Army knife-type of player that can guard multiple positions and you can run offense through him," the coach said on WFAN. "I think he can push the ball off the break a lot like Draymond Green plays. Obviously the thing I'm going to demand from Lance is to play defense like Draymond. And be a guy that's pushing to be a First Team All-Defender."

You'r right Fish, nothing like this board to take **** completely out of context. What the guy said clearly references defense and to a lesser extent running the offense. But the only thing people heard are "Draymond Green" and "comparison". We live in country where people can't or won't comprehend a full sentences and nuanced speech is a lost art form. The people need disjointed keywords so they can connect them up in what passes for their minds and arrive at the wrong conclusion with alarming cnsistency!

Briggs over reacts. Thats the context to know when he posts.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
5/12/2018  6:59 PM
Just saw this.
Knowledgeable Grizzlies fans had been waiting with bated breath for David Fizdale to drop his first player comparison as the new coach of the Knicks. After all, Fizdale had made a name for himself by frequently comparing Memphis players to much more accomplished players. Such as calling Tyreke Evans his Dwyane Wade, drawing parallels between Wade Baldwin and Russell Westbrook or Ivan Rabb and Chris Bosh, and then famously comparing the skill sets of Chandler Parsons and LeBron James,

https://fansided.com/2018/05/12/david-fizdale-player-comparisons/
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Uh oh. If Fizdale sees L Thomas as his Dray Green we have a problem

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy