martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
5/7/2018  12:52 PM
Too many charts and video but really good background and analysis

Know The Coaching Candidate: David Fizdale
Meet the man

https://www.postingandtoasting.com/2018/4/30/17271830/know-the-coaching-candidate-david-fizdale

An in-depth look at David Fizdale's time with the Grizzlies
What kind of team was he running in Memphis?

https://www.postingandtoasting.com/2018/5/7/17325054/an-in-depth-look-at-david-fizdales-time-with-the-grizzlies

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
meloshouldgo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5801

5/7/2018  9:38 PM
RED FLAG

“I cannot remember another coach in NBA history who quit so early in his career. The first thing you learn when you become an NBA coach is to come to an understanding with the team’s elite players. The second is not to pit players against each other. They will take sides, but inevitably will side against the coach. Fizdale would say stuff about Gasol behind his back to his teammates. By the time, he was ready to say what he had to say in front of the whole team, Gasol already had been alerted.”
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
5/8/2018  9:01 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:RED FLAG

“I cannot remember another coach in NBA history who quit so early in his career. The first thing you learn when you become an NBA coach is to come to an understanding with the team’s elite players. The second is not to pit players against each other. They will take sides, but inevitably will side against the coach. Fizdale would say stuff about Gasol behind his back to his teammates. By the time, he was ready to say what he had to say in front of the whole team, Gasol already had been alerted.”

His rep is one with great communication skills, in fact that was his Major.

“He made me mad,’’ Williams said in a phone interview. “He thought I wasn’t playing hard. He told me on the way to the huddle I was scared and didn’t look like I wanted to play. I ended up playing a lot better. It was one the highlights of my rookie year.’’

Williams finished the night with 11 points in 19 minutes as Memphis routed the Warriors. Williams threw down a resounding fast-break dunk in the second half that gave Memphis its biggest lead at 30 points.

“After the game, he said he knows I’m not a scared player,’’ Williams said. “He felt he had to get me going. He didn’t mean anything by it.”

creative ways to guys going is all I've been reading about him. That's that sht FRANK and KP NEED, so that cant stop playing soft..

ES
meloshouldgo

5/8/2018  9:45 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

“He made me mad,’’ Williams said in a phone interview. “He thought I wasn’t playing hard. He told me on the way to the huddle I was scared and didn’t look like I wanted to play. I ended up playing a lot better. It was one the highlights of my rookie year.’’

Williams finished the night with 11 points in 19 minutes as Memphis routed the Warriors. Williams threw down a resounding fast-break dunk in the second half that gave Memphis its biggest lead at 30 points.

“After the game, he said he knows I’m not a scared player,’’ Williams said. “He felt he had to get me going. He didn’t mean anything by it.”

creative ways to guys going is all I've been reading about him. That's that sht FRANK and KP NEED, so that cant stop playing soft..

I have NO ISSUES with him calling people out, it's what I want to see in a coach. I hate coaches like Woodson who cater to the start players and are tough on everyone else. THEY SUCK
But - If you are dissing a player behind his back and in front of his peers you are guaranteed to lose the team in a heartbeat.

Cartman718
Member: #1694

5/9/2018  9:33 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

I have NO ISSUES with him calling people out, it's what I want to see in a coach. I hate coaches like Woodson who cater to the start players and are tough on everyone else. THEY SUCK
But - If you are dissing a player behind his back and in front of his peers you are guaranteed to lose the team in a heartbeat.

he did mention he's learned from his mistake on how he handled Gasol
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
5/9/2018  10:33 AM

For what it's worth, that is an anonymous quote from a post that Peter Vescey made by someone not on the team. So like 4th hand info.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
meloshouldgo

5/9/2018  11:07 PM
martin wrote:

For what it's worth, that is an anonymous quote from a post that Peter Vescey made by someone not on the team. So like 4th hand info.

OK - didn't know that before. Definitely remedies how I felt about that line.

2 Pretty good articles from Posting and Toasting

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy