[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

New to the board
Author Thread
Knickmaniac
Posts: 20014
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 4/25/2018
Member: #8640

5/5/2018  4:20 AM
Hi all,

Wanted to introduce myself (thread encouraged by Martin)

My name is Mike. I'm originally from Tennessee but I was stationed in NYC/Albany for the last 7 years of my Army career. I wasn't a huge NBA fan until that point and I absolutely fell in love with the NY Knicks and the passion of the NY fans. I've been a Knicks fan for about 8 years now. I was fortunate enough to get to go to over 160ish games during my time in NY. My wife is from NY, her and her family are also HUGE Knicks fans. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all, and enjoy good discussions with fellow fans!

AUTOADVERT
dacash
Posts: 20958
Alba Posts: 2
Joined: 10/17/2006
Member: #1179

5/5/2018  4:40 AM
Welcome
StarksEwing1
Posts: 30307
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 12/28/2012
Member: #4451

5/5/2018  8:52 AM
Knickmaniac wrote:Hi all,

Wanted to introduce myself (thread encouraged by Martin)

My name is Mike. I'm originally from Tennessee but I was stationed in NYC/Albany for the last 7 years of my Army career. I wasn't a huge NBA fan until that point and I absolutely fell in love with the NY Knicks and the passion of the NY fans. I've been a Knicks fan for about 8 years now. I was fortunate enough to get to go to over 160ish games during my time in NY. My wife is from NY, her and her family are also HUGE Knicks fans. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all, and enjoy good discussions with fellow fans!

Good to have you aboard Mike!!!!
CrushAlot
Posts: 56902
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
5/5/2018  8:58 AM
Great time to be a fan. Things are changing. This is an awesome community of fans. Have fun.
You playTrey Burke... Wally Szcerbiak
Knickmaniac
Posts: 20014
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 4/25/2018
Member: #8640

5/5/2018  9:24 AM
dacash wrote:Welcome

Thanks :)

Knickmaniac
Posts: 20014
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 4/25/2018
Member: #8640

5/5/2018  9:24 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Knickmaniac wrote:Hi all,

Wanted to introduce myself (thread encouraged by Martin)

My name is Mike. I'm originally from Tennessee but I was stationed in NYC/Albany for the last 7 years of my Army career. I wasn't a huge NBA fan until that point and I absolutely fell in love with the NY Knicks and the passion of the NY fans. I've been a Knicks fan for about 8 years now. I was fortunate enough to get to go to over 160ish games during my time in NY. My wife is from NY, her and her family are also HUGE Knicks fans. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all, and enjoy good discussions with fellow fans!

Good to have you aboard Mike!!!!

Happy to be here!

Knickmaniac
Posts: 20014
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 4/25/2018
Member: #8640

5/5/2018  9:27 AM
CrushAlot wrote:Great time to be a fan. Things are changing. This is an awesome community of fans. Have fun.

Yeah I agree. I've been lurking this board for a little bit then signed up. Really looking forward to all of the discussion. I've been dealing with the past few seasons in a little corner by myself, so it's nice to have fellow fans to converse with.

BigDaddyG
Posts: 25924
Alba Posts: 3
Joined: 1/22/2010
Member: #3049

5/5/2018  10:59 AM
Welcome lol You could've taken the easy path and rooted for the Grizzlies, but you stuck with the Knicks...are you a sadomasichist or something?
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
meloshouldgo
Posts: 25119
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/3/2014
Member: #5801

5/5/2018  11:00 AM
Welcome Mike, do you fish?
The only things that trickle down are wages and horse shit
martin
Posts: 47522
Alba Posts: 106
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
5/5/2018  12:32 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:Welcome Mike, do you fish?

gold

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
dacash
Posts: 20958
Alba Posts: 2
Joined: 10/17/2006
Member: #1179

5/5/2018  1:50 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/5/2018  1:51 PM
martin wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:Welcome Mike, do you fish?

gold


I just caught that. Gold indeed
GustavBahler
Posts: 34428
Alba Posts: 15
Joined: 7/12/2010
Member: #3186

5/5/2018  3:10 PM
Welcome. Never had the pleasure of staying in Tennessee, but its always been the most scenic part of my trip whenever Ive been headed that way.

That is except for finding out the hard way about Monteagle Mountain in 02' in a car packed to the gills, with bad brakes, lol

Glad to see posters from all over the country, and the world here.

nixluva
Posts: 56214
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/5/2004
Member: #758
USA
5/5/2018  4:15 PM
Great to have you Knickmaniac! This is a good time to hop on board. Should be a lot of great topics to discuss this summer and next season.
Knickmaniac
Posts: 20014
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 4/25/2018
Member: #8640

5/6/2018  12:54 AM
dacash wrote:
martin wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:Welcome Mike, do you fish?

gold


I just caught that. Gold indeed

If by "fish" you mean fishing. No, I haven't in years. If it means something else I have no clue.

Knickmaniac
Posts: 20014
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 4/25/2018
Member: #8640

5/6/2018  12:56 AM
GustavBahler wrote:Welcome. Never had the pleasure of staying in Tennessee, but its always been the most scenic part of my trip whenever Ive been headed that way.

That is except for finding out the hard way about Monteagle Mountain in 02' in a car packed to the gills, with bad brakes, lol

Glad to see posters from all over the country, and the world here.

It's a nice state. Really pretty scenery all throughout with a few rough spots scattered through it. I haven't lived here since I joined the Army, I've been to a lot of different places. So it's nice to be back home. Will probably end up back in NY in a few years.

Knickmaniac
Posts: 20014
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 4/25/2018
Member: #8640

5/6/2018  4:08 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/6/2018  4:10 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:Welcome lol You could've taken the easy path and rooted for the Grizzlies, but you stuck with the Knicks...are you a sadomasichist or something?

Lol, the Grizzlies weren't really around when I was here. The first NBA game I ever went too was a Knicks game in 2010 and I instantly became a fan. 8 seasons later I'm still here :). I was in NY for 7 years straight. I just moved back to Tennessee last year.

dacash
Posts: 20958
Alba Posts: 2
Joined: 10/17/2006
Member: #1179

5/6/2018  8:39 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/6/2018  8:42 AM
Knickmaniac wrote:
dacash wrote:
martin wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:Welcome Mike, do you fish?

gold


I just caught that. Gold indeed

If by "fish" you mean fishing. No, I haven't in years. If it means something else I have no clue.


LOL, my only my advice, don't worry about the mixed views, the petty arguments, the name calling there is a lot of love here , its just different ppl see things differently and are not afraid to express it. This is a good place to be. I seldom post but lurk alot.
Knickmaniac
Posts: 20014
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 4/25/2018
Member: #8640

5/6/2018  9:11 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/6/2018  9:12 AM
dacash wrote:
Knickmaniac wrote:
dacash wrote:
martin wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:Welcome Mike, do you fish?

gold


I just caught that. Gold indeed

If by "fish" you mean fishing. No, I haven't in years. If it means something else I have no clue.


LOL, my only my advice, don't worry about the mixed views, the petty arguments, the name calling there is a lot of love here , its just different ppl see things differently and are not afraid to express it. This is a good place to be. I seldom post but lurk alot.

Gotcha. I don't really get involved in petty stuff. Life's too short to stroke out over someone being mean to me anonymously on the internet lol ;).

fishmike
Posts: 48811
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 7/19/2002
Member: #298
USA
5/6/2018  12:40 PM
Knickmaniac wrote:Hi all,

Wanted to introduce myself (thread encouraged by Martin)

My name is Mike. I'm originally from Tennessee but I was stationed in NYC/Albany for the last 7 years of my Army career. I wasn't a huge NBA fan until that point and I absolutely fell in love with the NY Knicks and the passion of the NY fans. I've been a Knicks fan for about 8 years now. I was fortunate enough to get to go to over 160ish games during my time in NY. My wife is from NY, her and her family are also HUGE Knicks fans. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all, and enjoy good discussions with fellow fans!

8 years? Well I bet that army training came in handy surviving the misery that is being in a relationship with this team.

Welcome man.... we need more maniacs around here. We are growing a young squad, we have coach that pushes D and tough play.. here we go! Welcome to UK

Gudris
Posts: 20855
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 12/12/2015
Member: #6213

5/6/2018  2:52 PM
You forgot to post your face photo
New to the board

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.