[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Porzingis trade return
Author Thread
ankurk
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6075

5/4/2018  11:21 AM
Having our new HC fly to latvia to have to please a 21 year old with an ACL tear who hasn't shown he can hold up for an entire year whether it be stamina or injury is quite concerning. If the knicks were to explore trade options for Porzingis what could be a realistic return whether it be with or without draft picks?

I'm thinking a top 3 pick and a future first.
This would give the knicks more time with not having to max our porzingis and give us more room with the 19 FA class.
Ayton/Bagley/Doncic + Future First

Trade up from 9 a few spots and look into Porter/Carter. If not take Bamba

Possible scenario: Burke/Frank/Porter/____/Ayton or Burke/Frank/Hardaway/Ayton/Bamba or Burke/Frank/Hardaway/Carter/Ayton

Could it be possible to package noah into a deal that involves trading porzingis away??

AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
5/4/2018  11:33 AM
ankurk wrote:Having our new HC fly to latvia to have to please a 21 year old with an ACL tear who hasn't shown he can hold up for an entire year whether it be stamina or injury is quite concerning. If the knicks were to explore trade options for Porzingis what could be a realistic return whether it be with or without draft picks?

This would give the knicks more time with not having to max our porzingis and give us more room with the 19 FA class.

Possible scenario: Burke/Frank/Porter/____/Ayton or Burke/Frank/Hardaway/Ayton/Bamba or Burke/Frank/Hardaway/Carter/Ayton

Could it be possible to package noah into a deal that involves trading porzingis away??

Damn man, NY got the crankiest, most negative fans out there. Complain complain complain complain without purpose

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/4/2018  11:33 AM
We might be drafting another player who gets hurt.
Or is a bust.
or has a heart disorder.
Is Fizz flying to Latvia really that concerning? Lets be real, This is his 4th coach.
WHat is a 22 year old allstar worth? Tough to say.
Steph Curry got a 4 year 50mil deal because he had bad ankles. He worked thru it.
THe future is uncertain, so are draft picks. We just as easy could have had Okafor or Deangelo Russell.
Draft assures nothing, nor does keeping KP.
ankurk
Member: #6075

5/4/2018  11:36 AM
Nalod wrote:We might be drafting another player who gets hurt.
Or is a bust.
or has a heart disorder.
Is Fizz flying to Latvia really that concerning? Lets be real, This is his 4th coach.
WHat is a 22 year old allstar worth? Tough to say.
Steph Curry got a 4 year 50mil deal because he had bad ankles. He worked thru it.
THe future is uncertain, so are draft picks. We just as easy could have had Okafor or Deangelo Russell.
Draft assures nothing, nor does keeping KP.

There were uncertainties with okafor for sure. Russell seems to be coming around.
Ayton looks as sure as KAT did. KAT > KP any day, right?

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

5/4/2018  11:43 AM
First off why would you trade him now? We would only get half of his value due o the injury. Secondly why would you trade him anyway?
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
5/4/2018  11:51 AM
ankurk wrote:Having our new HC fly to latvia to have to please a 21 year old with an ACL tear who hasn't shown he can hold up for an entire year whether it be stamina or injury is quite concerning. If the knicks were to explore trade options for Porzingis what could be a realistic return whether it be with or without draft picks?

I disagree. It is the exact opposite of what happened last year. KP skipped his exit meeting and no one from the organization communicated with him before he returned to Latvia. Instead it became a pissing contest. The coach that was supposed to go to Latvia with KP was not retained. KP was dangled in trades. The team pres began communicating with the press again, only to share his disappointment and concern. Fizdale is handling this the right way. Isola was on espn this morning and he said Ewing was thinking of leaving the Knicks when Riley was hired. He said the first thing Riley did was meet with Ewing and convinced him to stay. There is no reason to treat KP like he is an adversary and tons of reasons to establish a good rapport with him.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
5/4/2018  11:55 AM
martin wrote:

Damn man, NY got the crankiest, most negative fans out there. Complain complain complain complain without purpose

Its years of bad basketball and bad management... My fav is when people suggest trading him and assuming they will get an equal player back in the draft. Plus extra assets. No to trading KP.

And no... its not a given KAT > KP. Not at all. Not until KAT defends his position better than he does now which is not at all. Until then it is most certainly TBD

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
TLover
Member: #381
USA
5/4/2018  1:14 PM
KP is a modern nba Center and the focus is to build around him - Do Not trade him!

KP will get stronger & better over time. Just hope Fizdale can get the best out of him. If Fizdale has to fly to Latvia to appease our franchise player shows that KP was not consulted on the hire.

The dysfunction of these Knicks will continue as long as Dolan owns the team.

Gudris
Member: #6213

5/4/2018  1:32 PM
Welcome Fiz to Latvia :D

P.S. Some people forget KP injury was bumped by Greak Freek

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/4/2018  2:00 PM
TLover wrote:KP is a modern nba Center and the focus is to build around him - Do Not trade him!

KP will get stronger & better over time. Just hope Fizdale can get the best out of him. If Fizdale has to fly to Latvia to appease our franchise player shows that KP was not consulted on the hire.

The dysfunction of these Knicks will continue as long as Dolan owns the team.

From a few weeks ago he stated he would not be a part of the process and he trusted it.
Also, how can you say he was not consulted? Maybe its just a good idea for a personalble younger coach to go spend some time with his star player, show respect, gain respect and start building on that?
Is there anything really negative about this? He is not going there to grovel is he?

ALso, if Ayton is the man, why would PHX trade him for a guy with a bad knee who might miss a full season? Now is not the time to make a deal for anyone.
I would have taken KAT is knicks had first choice, but really OKa4 was many second pick and perhaps it was the "Safe" pick. Im not in PHil's head, im just going on Gaines who was reported to be adamant about taking KP 1st if possible.
Maybe I got rose colored glasses on, but KP is a knick and I want to see this pick thru for a few years. We might be talking about the greatest European player in our generation. We might be crying. NO way to tell. Kid has talent and questionmarks.

jskinny35
Member: #928
USA
5/4/2018  2:07 PM
To be fair to those critical of KP - there are two kinda legitimate concerns that we know of... he is currently injured and appears somewhat injury-prone so far in his career. That doesn't mean he won't recover but it is a caution at least. He also has displayed some undesirable behavior of a team's centerpiece - skipping the meeting, appearing frustrated with the Knicks organization. I can understand why he is frustrated as a fan, but am somewhat concerned it adds additional pressure to our timetable to perform at a certain level so he won't leave when his contract is up. Hopefully he bonds with Fizdale and let's go of the past (we Knick fans should probably try to do the same :) Truth is we could improve drastically next year or continue to slowly rebuild... we won't know until it happens. Not advocating to trade him right now, but understand when people present these options... I'd have to at least weigh if having a top 1-2 pick this year with a future 1st might be a better course for our team
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

5/4/2018  5:11 PM
Don't sell low.
blkexec
Member: #748
5/4/2018  6:20 PM
martin wrote:

Read my sig.....This is why we've been the worst team since 2001.....And we haven't had a real star player since Patrick Ewing.....So today's fans especially don't know how to handle a franchise player.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

5/4/2018  8:13 PM
jskinny35 wrote: but am somewhat concerned it adds additional pressure to our timetable to perform at a certain level so he won't leave when his contract is up.

This was the main reason I wanted to move him. His impending contract and the treat of him either leaving or forcing bad moves. We need to tank, its our only hope

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
PhilinLA
Member: #696
5/4/2018  11:37 PM
They trade KP, I'm done. At least I saw them win a title.
http://amonthhoffundays.blogspot.com/ We got a ringer.
Sangfroid
Member: #2784

5/4/2018  11:39 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
jskinny35 wrote: but am somewhat concerned it adds additional pressure to our timetable to perform at a certain level so he won't leave when his contract is up.

This was the main reason I wanted to move him. His impending contract and the treat of him either leaving or forcing bad moves. We need to tank, its our only hope

Watch out! When you say that tanking is our only hope, you are in danger of becoming one of those whiny fans we hear about so often...

"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
5/5/2018  12:52 AM
PhilinLA wrote:They trade KP, I'm done. At least I saw them win a title.

This is the view of maybe 3 fans. There is no desire to trade KP from Mills & Perry that we know of anyway. Pretty sure they view KP as the Knicks franchise player. KP will only leave NY if he demands it. Which he won't since we can pay him more than anyone else and he won't risk waiting until he is a UFA and possibly getting injured with 30mil on the table. If he really wanted to force his way out he will wait until the end of his max contract. By then hopefully we are in contention based off the quality moves made and player development during this time frame.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Porzingis trade return

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy