[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Fizdale is no Brad Stevens
Author Thread
TLover
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #381
USA
5/4/2018  9:15 AM
Can’t stand the Celtics but they have a great coach. Hope Fizdale is of sound basketball mind that people claim he has and not just riding the coattails of great players (LeBron, Wade) I don’t agree with hiring someone bc some older nba players like him. (Now if LeBron comes to NYC bc of him then that’s a different story) but I believe in a true coach who is a teacher & master game planner like Stevens or someone out of the Spurs system. Yes great players win championships but what Brad Stevens is doing with this Celtics team decimated by injuries is quite amazing.
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
5/4/2018  9:24 AM
TLover wrote:Can’t stand the Celtics but they have a great coach. Hope Fizdale is of sound basketball mind that people claim he has and not just riding the coattails of great players (LeBron, Wade) I don’t agree with hiring someone bc some older nba players like him. (Now if LeBron comes to NYC bc of him then that’s a different story) but I believe in a true coach who is a teacher & master game planner like Stevens or someone out of the Spurs system. Yes great players win championships but what Brad Stevens is doing with this Celtics team decimated by injuries is quite amazing.
Im sorry are you saying Fiz was only hired because players like him and not because he's a talented coach?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
5/4/2018  10:20 AM
If you look at Brad Stevens' history on the Celtics, he started with a 30-52 record in his first season with the team. The team acquisition of Isaiah Thomas really saved his butt in his 2nd season, as he was tracking toward the same result as his first year.

I firstly hope Fizdale is a good coach and the team at least gives him 1 full season with KP.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
dacash
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1179

5/4/2018  11:17 AM
And here it comes,
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

5/4/2018  11:54 AM
Doesnt need to be. Ask the coaches who have knocked him out of the playoffs.
TLover
USA
5/4/2018  11:57 AM
fishmike wrote:
TLover wrote:Can’t stand the Celtics but they have a great coach. Hope Fizdale is of sound basketball mind that people claim he has and not just riding the coattails of great players (LeBron, Wade) I don’t agree with hiring someone bc some older nba players like him. (Now if LeBron comes to NYC bc of him then that’s a different story) but I believe in a true coach who is a teacher & master game planner like Stevens or someone out of the Spurs system. Yes great players win championships but what Brad Stevens is doing with this Celtics team decimated by injuries is quite amazing.
Im sorry are you saying Fiz was only hired because players like him and not because he's a talented coach?

Well you can’t deny part of the reason why he was hired was his relationships with certain players and with the Knicks front office for that matter. Let’s see how he handles X’s & O’s and if he can bring KP to that next level.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
5/4/2018  12:07 PM
TLover wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Well you can’t deny part of the reason why he was hired was his relationships with certain players and with the Knicks front office for that matter. Let’s see how he handles X’s & O’s and if he can bring KP to that next level.

You can't say for certain that that's the reason why he was hired.

Mostly, who cares. Lots of reasons he was hired. None of them have anything to do with a Brad Steven's comparison

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
TLover
USA
5/4/2018  12:59 PM
martin wrote:
TLover wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Mostly, who cares. Lots of reasons he was hired. None of them have anything to do with a Brad Steven's comparison

Not sure if Fizdale can get the same results like Stevens with the current Celtics roster.

With players such as KP & Frankie I would’ve liked to at least interview Ettore Messina. That to me would be a forward thinking hire, but I guess our front office wanted someone they can get along with.

End of the day, majority of the time, great players win championships. Although these great players that love Fizdake will be ready to retire by the time the Knicks are ready to compete in the playoffs. Simply being a #7 or #8 seed and getting knocked out in the first round is a waste of time.

nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
5/4/2018  1:46 PM
why is fizdale being compared to the best coach in the game? yes, im saying he's a better coach than popovich.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

5/4/2018  1:54 PM
nyk4ever wrote:why is fizdale being compared to the best coach in the game? yes, im saying he's a better coach than popovich.

+1

Besides, this team has a lot of building to do before thats even an issue.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
5/4/2018  2:45 PM
TLover wrote:
martin wrote:
TLover wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Not sure if Fizdale can get the same results like Stevens with the current Celtics roster.

With players such as KP & Frankie I would’ve liked to at least interview Ettore Messina. That to me would be a forward thinking hire, but I guess our front office wanted someone they can get along with.

End of the day, majority of the time, great players win championships. Although these great players that love Fizdake will be ready to retire by the time the Knicks are ready to compete in the playoffs. Simply being a #7 or #8 seed and getting knocked out in the first round is a waste of time.

What's your thoughts on Ettore Messina v Fizdale? Why is one forward thinking and the other is not?

Also, your assumption that Fizdale was hired because he would bring along LeBron seems out of left field or reserved for you and Isola?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
TLover
USA
5/4/2018  10:40 PM
martin wrote:
TLover wrote:
martin wrote:
TLover wrote:
fishmike wrote:

What's your thoughts on Ettore Messina v Fizdale? Why is one forward thinking and the other is not?

Also, your assumption that Fizdale was hired because he would bring along LeBron seems out of left field or reserved for you and Isola?

Messina is a proven winner as a head coach in Europe (our best player & promising rookie are also European) and he is lead assistant for the best coach & organization in the nba. To me that has Fizdale beat.

I didn’t assume that he was hired to bring in LeBron but I’m sure the Knicks want the fans to think that.

We can pretty much guarantee whomever the Milwaukee Bucks hire as their new coach will be more accomplished.

Btw Fizdale getting hot & bothered in front of the media during a first round exit in the playoffs is not impressive. Leaders don’t do that. Quite frankly Fizdale seems a bit full of himself.

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
5/4/2018  11:34 PM
TLover wrote:
martin wrote:
TLover wrote:
martin wrote:
TLover wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Messina is a proven winner as a head coach in Europe (our best player & promising rookie are also European) and he is lead assistant for the best coach & organization in the nba. To me that has Fizdale beat.

I didn’t assume that he was hired to bring in LeBron but I’m sure the Knicks want the fans to think that.

We can pretty much guarantee whomever the Milwaukee Bucks hire as their new coach will be more accomplished.

Btw Fizdale getting hot & bothered in front of the media during a first round exit in the playoffs is not impressive. Leaders don’t do that. Quite frankly Fizdale seems a bit full of himself.

The hire has pretty much gotten high praise around all NBA circles. Something has to be said for that.

The coach also can't just be a proven winner in Europe. He has to be sympatico with Mills & Perry. Have the same vision on the type of players and style of play and player development practices. Or they will end up like Wilkins, & Brown, & MDA (all proven winners). Bud just separated from Hawks due to difference in vision.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
PhilinLA
Member: #696
5/4/2018  11:36 PM
I think there were 3 or 4 better candidates. Will root for him, till we do this all again in a year or two.
http://amonthhoffundays.blogspot.com/ We got a ringer.
blkexec
Member: #748
5/5/2018  7:59 AM
First of all......Brad Stevens isn't Brad Stavens. If it's not fair to compare rookie BS to the current BS. Then how can anybody compare Fiz to BS????

Everybody listen.....this is the reason we have sucked for years. The media uses these pessimistic posts and blogs to create negative head lines. I get it.....knick fans are hurt....beat up....depressed....etc. But don't take it out on your new boy or girl friend.

There. needs to be a rehabilitation center for battered knick fans.....Before u go out on a date. Until those negative thoughts are gone, it doesn't matter what the knicks do......It will never be enough. Even if we win it all.....some battered fan will come out from the covers and find something negative to talk about. It's a knicksation sickness.....that must be removed so u can see clearly.

Again....Brad Stevens today is not BS yesterday. This comparison is pointless right now. But wait until those heat vs knicks game. I can see headlines comparing spo vs fiz........Renewed rivalry has begun between knicks and heat.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
5/5/2018  8:40 AM
PhilinLA wrote:I think there were 3 or 4 better candidates. Will root for him, till we do this all again in a year or two.
Wow. I would love to hear who your other 4 better candidates are. Kerber wrote a fantastic article today about what coaches have had to say about Fizdale when they worked with him. I was convinced before reading it that he was a great hire but if you have doubts, I think it is worth reading.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
5/5/2018  8:42 AM
Perry is no Danny Ainge but he also hasn't been on the job for 15 years either.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
blkexec
Member: #748
5/5/2018  8:48 AM
CrushAlot wrote:Perry is no Danny Ainge but he also hasn't been on the job for 15 years either.

+1

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
TLover
USA
5/5/2018  9:05 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
PhilinLA wrote:I think there were 3 or 4 better candidates. Will root for him, till we do this all again in a year or two.
Wow. I would love to hear who your other 4 better candidates are. Kerber wrote a fantastic article today about what coaches have had to say about Fizdale when they worked with him. I was convinced before reading it that he was a great hire but if you have doubts, I think it is worth reading.

Just read the article, thanks. He’s definitely a sharp dude. Just want to see if he helps transform KP into a superstar and turn this team into a free flowing pass oriented offense. If I see an iso offense with no ball movement then I’ll not be happy.

Vmart
Member: #247
USA
5/5/2018  9:47 AM
TLover wrote:
martin wrote:
TLover wrote:
martin wrote:
TLover wrote:
fishmike wrote:

I agree with you felt the Knicks passed on much better candidates. Fizdale’s arrogance will get him in trouble in NYC. His feud with Gasol wasn’t impressive either. And WTF is the Miami Way. The Miami way is scary because it all hinges on them landing the big fish.

Fizdale is no Brad Stevens

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy