[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Isola can suck the joy out of everything......
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/3/2018  8:51 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/knicks-hired-david-fizdale-player-mind-lebron-james-article-1.3970429
AUTOADVERT
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
5/3/2018  8:55 PM
He's just doing his job.

At the same time while Lebron James will never be a Knicks. Can't deny that Fizz seems to be in that circle of Stars.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

5/3/2018  9:01 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/3/2018  9:04 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:He's just doing his job.

At the same time while Lebron James will never be a Knicks. Can't deny that Fizz seems to be in that circle of Stars.

Every columnist needs an angle...but the idea that this hire was made in the hopes of landing LeBron is a stretch. He had an interesting take on how the Knicks handled Hornack near the end of the article. I wish he focused a little more on that.i would Mark Jackson would've been the choice if we were getting in bed with Klutch sports.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
5/3/2018  10:14 PM
Nalod wrote:http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/knicks-hired-david-fizdale-player-mind-lebron-james-article-1.3970429

Only got half way thru the article, one of the more pathetic things I read and I don't know why you posted or why I clicked on link.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
5/3/2018  10:28 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:

Every columnist needs an angle...but the idea that this hire was made in the hopes of landing LeBron is a stretch. He had an interesting take on how the Knicks handled Hornack near the end of the article. I wish he focused a little more on that.i would Mark Jackson would've been the choice if we were getting in bed with Klutch sports.

At the end of the day his job is to get clicks. He got us all to click on the link and read his article. Expecting articles to actually be based off of a ton of ground work and data collected and research in order to inform the public is pushing it nowadays.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

5/3/2018  10:46 PM
Isola wasnt always a half empty kind of writer. I respected the fact that he was honest about the state of the Knicks during the Isiah years, cost him access.

I dont blame him for being bitter, at the same time, to gloss over what Fizdale brings to the table to suggest mgmt just hired Fizdale for a moonshot is over the top. Dont expect him to drink the kool aid, but this is too much.

As for the relationship with Gasol, if you read the quote I posted in Nalod's thread, he is very up front about not being blameless. Its the coaches who act like their %*%&%& dont stink are the ones I like to see the Knicks avoid.

CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
5/3/2018  10:47 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:

He always has tid bits that make him worth reading. The Knicks contacted Fiz before Jeff was fired, they spoke to JVG and Ewing. Those were not things that were reported anywhere else that I am aware of. The rest of it was bs, reverting to the same old Knicks thing again. I think things have been different and this is another step towards the Knicks getting back to being a functional franchise. One of the things I love about this hire is that I think both Mills and Perry wanted Fiz. A gm needs to be on the same page with his coach. If they have that it fixes a lot. The last time the Knicks had that it was Grunwald/Woodson.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
RedVines
Member: #8642

5/3/2018  10:53 PM
If the organization is strong and healthy it doesn't matter what anyone writes. Start winning and this stuff won't get clicks.
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

5/4/2018  12:34 AM
In fairness to isola the knicks were putting billboards of lebron outside of msg just a couple months back even though lebron hates our organization and takes shots at us all the time. As much as i dislike isola he does make a fair point. Although i still love the hire.
martin
USA
5/4/2018  12:36 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:In fairness to isola the knicks were putting billboards of lebron outside of msg just a couple months back even though lebron hates our organization and takes shots at us all the time. As much as i dislike isola he does make a fair point. Although i still love the hire.

The Knicks did or someone random did?

GustavBahler

5/4/2018  12:41 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:In fairness to isola the knicks were putting billboards of lebron outside of msg just a couple months back even though lebron hates our organization and takes shots at us all the time. As much as i dislike isola he does make a fair point. Although i still love the hire.

We try to recruit LeBron whenever we believe we have an outside shot. Its entirely an different thing to put KP on tbe backburner just to get LeBron. Mills/Perry are both smart enough to know the odds are more behind developing KP, than trying to lure a player who teased us with "The Decision."

StarksEwing1

5/4/2018  12:44 AM
martin wrote:

i think it was the NYC ads company so it wasnt directly the knicks but im sure they knew well in advanced
StarksEwing1

5/4/2018  12:47 AM
GustavBahler wrote:

We try to recruit LeBron whenever we believe we have an outside shot. Its entirely an different thing to put KP on tbe backburner just to get LeBron. Mills/Perry are both smart enough to know the odds are more behind developing KP, than trying to lure a player who teased us with "The Decision."

oh i agree about putting KP on the backburner just to chase lebron again. Obviously lebron is a great player but i just dont like the idea of fawning over him again when he clearly doesnt like the knicks
GustavBahler

5/4/2018  12:49 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

oh i agree about putting KP on the backburner just to chase lebron again. Obviously lebron is a great player but i just dont like the idea of fawning over him again when he clearly doesnt like the knicks

You agree on what? I dont believe that they would hire Fizdale if he didnt have the chops. You seem to be suggesting otherwise.

martin
USA
5/4/2018  12:56 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
martin wrote:

i think it was the NYC ads company so it wasnt directly the knicks but im sure they knew well in advanced

LOL wut? You just made that up based on nothing, right?

StarksEwing1

5/4/2018  1:18 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

You agree on what? I dont believe that they would hire Fizdale if he didnt have the chops. You seem to be suggesting otherwise.

no i was agreeing with you. I love the fizdale hire and i think the knicks felt he was the best coach out there.
StarksEwing1

5/4/2018  1:22 AM
martin wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
martin wrote:

LOL wut? You just made that up based on nothing, right?

it was just something i read but like i said i wasnt sure. Just came off a 14 hour shift so im probably too tired to make sense lol. Anyway the bottom line is the knicks made a good hire
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
5/4/2018  7:30 AM
I listened to some interviews with Fizdale. He seems to really know his stuff. I think he will be a good coach for the team. What this team has been missing is an attention to detail. Fizdale brings that. My first choice would have been Atlanta's former coach but Fizdale is a good alternative.
Trust the Process
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
5/4/2018  8:33 AM
martin wrote:
Nalod wrote:http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/knicks-hired-david-fizdale-player-mind-lebron-james-article-1.3970429

Only got half way thru the article, one of the more pathetic things I read and I don't know why you posted or why I clicked on link.

I don’t like Isola but he is on point here.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/4/2018  8:36 AM
Media sways us but is our only real outlet other than the shyt some of us make up.
Blatt was tainted because he is friends with Mills and Bud was a freaking saint because he is a deriviative of Pop and did a very good job in ATL.
But, ATL did a nasty decline and nobody has broken that down for us. Demmmmmmmaaaaar Caroll, TJH and Al Horford did leave.
I like Bud and he was my fist choice.
I Don’t know why some are negative on why we interviewed 11 other than hating on Mills for being “intellectually curious”. Executive network and in this case it was good to sell the concept to Jax and Kenny Smith as perhaps they can be a bit more media friendly to us is they understand the process? Perhaps.
Bottom line is nobody should be unhappy. We got a smooth personality with good chops, a good track record.
if your worried about him with Gasol and then projecting that on KP have to ask you self: “Are all Euro 7 footers the same”? If you think so the ban yourself from further posts.
Isola can suck the joy out of everything......

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy