[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Fizdale to the Knicks
Author Thread
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

5/8/2018  11:41 AM
Mills talked about accountability, but gave himself a pass for everything since he got here. Cmon Steve, walk it like you talk it.
AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler

5/8/2018  11:47 AM
Just from listening to Fizdale, you get the vibe that he is going to really shake thinks up.
GustavBahler

5/8/2018  11:49 AM
Said Noah reached out to Fizz, says he isnt going to put a cap on anyone. Perry said that all options are on the table. Stay tuned.
GustavBahler

5/8/2018  11:50 AM
Like to hear what he thinks about Frank.
GustavBahler

5/8/2018  11:51 AM
Perry said off court development just as important, Fizz agrees
GustavBahler

5/8/2018  11:55 AM
No questions a about Frank, but Burke and Mudiay being there might have something to do with it.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
5/8/2018  12:05 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Interesting that KOQ is there. Maybe opt out and try to re-sign.
considering how much better KOQ looked when he got in better shape there may be another notch up in his game. He might be a good fit for Fizdale. I would be good with bringing him back for 2 years so he expires when LAnce/Lee/Noah do.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
GustavBahler

5/8/2018  12:35 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/8/2018  12:42 PM
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Interesting that KOQ is there. Maybe opt out and try to re-sign.
considering how much better KOQ looked when he got in better shape there may be another notch up in his game. He might be a good fit for Fizdale. I would be good with bringing him back for 2 years so he expires when LAnce/Lee/Noah do.

Agree about the Knicks exploring bringing him back. Kind of player Boston would like, Im guessing. I like that O'Quinn was there, along with his teammates. If Noah wasnt in limbo, he would have probably been there too.

The talented and lovely Rebecca, pointed out that LT was also there. And that Burke and Fizdale already have a working relationship.

Although I doubt Mudiay appreciated the call out right off the bat, Hahn was right that it does show that Fizdale is going to challenge players which is a good thing. Hope he remembers what did and didnt work his last stop. From all outward appearances, it looks that way.

knicks1248
Member: #582
5/8/2018  12:44 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Agree about the Knicks exploring bringing him back. Kind of player Boston would like, Im guessing. I like that O'Quinn was there, along with his teammates. If Noah wasnt in limbo, he would have probably been there too.

The talented and lovely Rebecca, pointed out that LT was also there. And that Burke and Fizdale already have a working relationship.

Although I doubt Mudiay appreciated the call out right off the bat, Hahn was right that it does show that Fizdale is going to challenge players which is a good thing. Hope he remembers what did and didnt work his last stop. From all outward apprearances, it looks that way.

He wants an up tempo team, and i dont think KOQ fit that style, aso he doesnt shoot threes. KOQ is a p poor mans ZBO, with a little better defense.

The knicks gave up the 3 ball to teams at an alarming rate, 2 reason, philosophy, and a lack of athletic players

ES
GustavBahler

5/8/2018  12:50 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/8/2018  12:50 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Although I doubt Mudiay appreciated the call out right off the bat, Hahn was right that it does show that Fizdale is going to challenge players which is a good thing. Hope he remembers what did and didnt work his last stop. From all outward apprearances, it looks that way.

He wants an up tempo team, and i dont think KOQ fit that style, aso he doesnt shoot threes. KOQ is a p poor mans ZBO, with a little better defense.

The knicks gave up the 3 ball to teams at an alarming rate, 2 reason, philosophy, and a lack of athletic players

KOQ's ability to move the ball, find teammates, is an important part of his game, that NY needs. I dont see KOQ slicing through defenses in transition, but I dont see him strictly as a half court player either. Moves well without the ball. He' a role player best suited off the bench. Starters have more complete games.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/8/2018  1:20 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Mills talked about accountability, but gave himself a pass for everything since he got here. Cmon Steve, walk it like you talk it.

Mills is only accountable for last season and the time he was President in 2013 when he came after Grunwald was fired (october 2016) and Phil was hired (March 2014). That he worked under Phil who had all final say and was accountable for all things knicks in his tenure.

GustavBahler

5/8/2018  1:26 PM
Nalod wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Mills talked about accountability, but gave himself a pass for everything since he got here. Cmon Steve, walk it like you talk it.

Mills is only accountable for last season and the time he was President in 2013 when he came after Grunwald was fired (october 2016) and Phil was hired (March 2014). That he worked under Phil who had all final say and was accountable for all things knicks in his tenure.

Bull****. Straight up enabling bull****. Been here too long to get a pass for everything up to the last few years.

Cartman718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1694

5/8/2018  1:47 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/8/2018  1:49 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Just from listening to Fizdale, you get the vibe that he is going to really shake thinks up.

if you have the knicks app, you can get the audio video on youtube

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
fishmike
USA
5/8/2018  2:08 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Bull****. Straight up enabling bull****. Been here too long to get a pass for everything up to the last few years.

Mills was in charge of the operations and business areas... He wasnt involved in managing the Knicks until Phil came in

Mills played professional basketball in Ecuador for a year.[2] He worked for the National Basketball Association for sixteen years beginning in 1984 after having worked at Chemical Bank. Mills ascension while at the NBA was notable. He was an account executive in the corporate sponsorship department of NBA properties and program manager for NBA properties. He became vice-president of special events, after which he was senior vice-president of Basketball and Player Development,[3] Mills then became Chief operating officer and Sports Business President of Madison Square Garden in 2003.[4] His duties at MSG included supervising day-to-day operations, including finances, business strategies of the NBAs New York Knicks, NHL's New York Rangers and the WNBA's New York Liberty. All sports related activities were under his jurisdiction, including boxing, college basketball and track & field.

In 2009, Mills left MSG and joined Magic Johnson Enterprises where he helped create the Athletes & Entertainers Wealth Management Group, LLC (A&E).[5] of which he was a partner.[6]

On September 26, 2013, the New York Knicks announced Mills would be the executive vice president and general manager of the organization.[7]

On July 14, 2017, after announcing that Scott Perry would become the Knicks' newest general manager, the Knicks also announced Mills would be the new president of the organization, replacing the role that was previously held by Phil Jackson.

Am I wrong? Seems like Mills first experience with managing the Knicks was when Phil was president.
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

5/8/2018  2:54 PM
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Mills was in charge of the operations and business areas... He wasnt involved in managing the Knicks until Phil came in

Mills played professional basketball in Ecuador for a year.[2] He worked for the National Basketball Association for sixteen years beginning in 1984 after having worked at Chemical Bank. Mills ascension while at the NBA was notable. He was an account executive in the corporate sponsorship department of NBA properties and program manager for NBA properties. He became vice-president of special events, after which he was senior vice-president of Basketball and Player Development,[3] Mills then became Chief operating officer and Sports Business President of Madison Square Garden in 2003.[4] His duties at MSG included supervising day-to-day operations, including finances, business strategies of the NBAs New York Knicks, NHL's New York Rangers and the WNBA's New York Liberty. All sports related activities were under his jurisdiction, including boxing, college basketball and track & field.

In 2009, Mills left MSG and joined Magic Johnson Enterprises where he helped create the Athletes & Entertainers Wealth Management Group, LLC (A&E).[5] of which he was a partner.[6]

On September 26, 2013, the New York Knicks announced Mills would be the executive vice president and general manager of the organization.[7]

On July 14, 2017, after announcing that Scott Perry would become the Knicks' newest general manager, the Knicks also announced Mills would be the new president of the organization, replacing the role that was previously held by Phil Jackson.

Am I wrong? Seems like Mills first experience with managing the Knicks was when Phil was president.

Think he was a Dolan mouth piece and has been ever since he was hired. With that said, got to give him credit for hiring Perry and Fizdale. Even if it was because Dolan is now telling him to stay out of decisions, or because he is finally able to make his own decisions.

Either way, nothing bad about the two most recent hires.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Cartman718
Member: #1694

5/8/2018  3:12 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Just from listening to Fizdale, you get the vibe that he is going to really shake thinks up.

Agree, wonder what this means for Mills pet signing Hardaway, especially after he said...throwing all of them out there (for burke, mudiay, frank) :)
also after that comment...LT to Burke: Man, I'm out of here. :)

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
fishmike
USA
5/8/2018  3:27 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Think he was a Dolan mouth piece and has been ever since he was hired. With that said, got to give him credit for hiring Perry and Fizdale. Even if it was because Dolan is now telling him to stay out of decisions, or because he is finally able to make his own decisions.

Here is my take on Mills and its neither positive or negative. He did well while working at with the NBA and was a riser. He did well managing business units (ahem, making money) for MSG and earned Dolan's trust. In 2003 he moved into basketball and almost immediately after assumed a GM type role under Phil. When things with Phil started to spiral one would assume Mills went to Dolan with a basic plan saying I can fix this. Let me hire a real NBA GM, a real NBA coach, lets us draft and build up a sustainable winner offering no easy fixes but one with a reasonable 3-5 year time line. Mills surely promised a drama free environment run by NBA pros and that seems to be the path.

I dont look at this crew with rose colored glasses as some suggest. What do you see happening at MSG? Mudiay, Kanter, Ntilikina, Hardaway, Baker, Dotson, Kornet, Hicks, Burke, Troy Williams, Scott Perry, Fizdale.... I mean what do people see?

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/8/2018  5:35 PM
Mouth piece? He works for Dolan. He is the voice of the knicks now.
“Enabler”? Nalod has no influence on MSG personnel. None.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
5/8/2018  6:35 PM
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Nalod wrote:

He replaced Grunwald who was very involved in roster assembly, hiring coaches etc. He was awful that year in that position.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

5/8/2018  8:36 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/8/2018  8:41 PM
fishmike wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Here is my take on Mills and its neither positive or negative. He did well while working at with the NBA and was a riser. He did well managing business units (ahem, making money) for MSG and earned Dolan's trust. In 2003 he moved into basketball and almost immediately after assumed a GM type role under Phil. When things with Phil started to spiral one would assume Mills went to Dolan with a basic plan saying I can fix this. Let me hire a real NBA GM, a real NBA coach, lets us draft and build up a sustainable winner offering no easy fixes but one with a reasonable 3-5 year time line. Mills surely promised a drama free environment run by NBA pros and that seems to be the path.

I dont look at this crew with rose colored glasses as some suggest. What do you see happening at MSG? Mudiay, Kanter, Ntilikina, Hardaway, Baker, Dotson, Kornet, Hicks, Burke, Troy Williams, Scott Perry, Fizdale.... I mean what do people see?

True. Agree about the plan. But dont forget that he is still just Dolan's way of keeping tabs on everyone. But again, cant argue with Fiz or Perry. So maybe Dolan has truly learned to stay out of things and relayed it to his watch dog. Problem is, as we know, Dolan is always just moments away from doing something stupid and Mills wont be able to stop him.

As for Knicks and what people see, Unfortunately, think we still have a long long way to go before we are respectable. Grant it, only way to rebuild is through developing young talent and adding good FA pick ups ,when they are ready to compete for something. Unfortunately, we are still at the building young talent phase and I dont feel very confident with our ability to do that. Sure its too early to tell for sure but we dont have a good history of picking AND developing young pieces. (Hopefully Perry and Fiz can change that) Also not confident that we have what we need in terms of young building blocks. I just hope we get luckier this draft (with a break out rookie), KP does not have any lingering issues from injury and that I am wrong about Frank. Its just tough going into yet another season of rebuild and another probable tank year.

Really curious to see what happens with KO and Kanter and if we stay pat in FA. Think Kanter walks for longer deal. KO gets resigned and hoping we dont do another Timmy type signing

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Fizdale to the Knicks

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy