[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

For the Knicks Patience is the only virtue Article
Author Thread
Paris907
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6099
USA
5/3/2018  4:51 AM
https://theknickswall.com/jonathan-macri-for-the-new-york-knicks-patience-makes-perfect/
AUTOADVERT
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
5/3/2018  8:52 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/3/2018  8:53 AM
https://theknickswall.com/jonathan-macri-for-the-new-york-knicks-patience-makes-perfect/

No one wishes such a life hack existed more than the New York Knicks. Perhaps no team in professional sports has prematurely taken the chicken out of the oven more times than the one that calls MSG home. Whether it’s giving up on young players too soon (my heart will always weep for Danilo Gallinari’s New York career that never was), trading a pick for a vet on draft night (Nene for Antonio McDyess, anyone???) or everyone’s favorite “Knicks gonna Knick” folly of dealing away future draft assets (Gordon Hayward, LaMarcus Aldridge, Dario Saric, Jamal Murray, and a younger, useful Joakim Noah—all taken with Knicks’ traded picks—make for a pretty good starting five), rushing the process hasn’t worked out so well in the past. If the Knicks were on a date that ended up in bed, they’d be better off not asking “was it good for you?”

Had to highlight that part because the guys we missed out on because we traded the pick, well they still have not won rings, and most are no longer on the team that drafted them(most by choice) .

You could be patient and continue to develop and lose, but as we see every yr, the franchise or the player is going to want to move on. You want continuity, then win and get better every yr, that's how teams stay together, and ppl keep theeir jobs.

I don't think we would be going on our 4th coach in 5 yrs if we were winning, and the roster has been flipped 4 times and over a 100 players in the process.

ES
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
5/3/2018  10:31 AM
knicks1248 wrote:https://theknickswall.com/jonathan-macri-for-the-new-york-knicks-patience-makes-perfect/

No one wishes such a life hack existed more than the New York Knicks. Perhaps no team in professional sports has prematurely taken the chicken out of the oven more times than the one that calls MSG home. Whether it’s giving up on young players too soon (my heart will always weep for Danilo Gallinari’s New York career that never was), trading a pick for a vet on draft night (Nene for Antonio McDyess, anyone???) or everyone’s favorite “Knicks gonna Knick” folly of dealing away future draft assets (Gordon Hayward, LaMarcus Aldridge, Dario Saric, Jamal Murray, and a younger, useful Joakim Noah—all taken with Knicks’ traded picks—make for a pretty good starting five), rushing the process hasn’t worked out so well in the past. If the Knicks were on a date that ended up in bed, they’d be better off not asking “was it good for you?”

Had to highlight that part because the guys we missed out on because we traded the pick, well they still have not won rings, and most are no longer on the team that drafted them(most by choice) .

You could be patient and continue to develop and lose, but as we see every yr, the franchise or the player is going to want to move on. You want continuity, then win and get better every yr, that's how teams stay together, and ppl keep theeir jobs.

I don't think we would be going on our 4th coach in 5 yrs if we were winning, and the roster has been flipped 4 times and over a 100 players in the process.

Aldridge and Noah were part of winning teams more than not. Maybe playoff runs. How's Miami looking? Remember you wanted us to be more like them...
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/3/2018  2:14 PM
knicks1248 wrote:https://theknickswall.com/jonathan-macri-for-the-new-york-knicks-patience-makes-perfect/

So all we have to do is employ more "winning"? Cant' trade the picks cuz that has not worked, and developing players is not effective because the players who we would have picked have not won rings either? Your standing by this position?

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

5/4/2018  5:25 AM
"We have all of our draft picks in future years," Perry said. "That gives us great flexibility to move players, and acquire more players with those picks. When you're trying to build you have to have all those resources available to you...That's another reason to be optimistic."

Yeah doesn't sound like patience to me

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
knicks1248
Member: #582
5/4/2018  10:02 AM
Nalod wrote:

So all we have to do is employ more "winning"? Cant' trade the picks cuz that has not worked, and developing players is not effective because the players who we would have picked have not won rings either? Your standing by this position?

You would be living on FANTASY ISLAND to think everyone you draft will work out just has planed.

11 head coaches 15 losing season do you see any continuity in that.

3 head coaches (riley, nelson, JVG) in 16 winning seasons.

What part don't you get

ES
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/4/2018  11:06 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:

You would be living on FANTASY ISLAND to think everyone you draft will work out just has planed.

What part don't you get

IM the guy that says over and over that drafts don’t work out. The odds are what they are.
But we have traded the picks, and that very fact is a part of why we have failed.
Neither of us are on fantasy island.

But I have no idea what your babbling about.

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
5/5/2018  1:03 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/5/2018  1:03 AM
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:

What part don't you get

IM the guy that says over and over that drafts don’t work out. The odds are what they are.
But we have traded the picks, and that very fact is a part of why we have failed.
Neither of us are on fantasy island.

But I have no idea what your babbling about.

Knicks have been trying to win for their entire existence. Have failed miserably many times over trying to win. Knicks1248's answer to that is just gotta win to keep continuity.

I wonder why most teams don't decide just to start winning. Its so simple, Why didn't teams like the Knicks or even outside of the Knicks. Like the Nets or Suns or Lakers or Kings just decide to start winning this season. 3 of those teams don't even have their draft picks for this coming draft. Why didn't they just win?

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Knickmaniac
Member: #8640

5/5/2018  3:59 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/5/2018  4:00 AM
We definitely need some roster help but we do have some nice pieces for him to take over with to include a lottery pick this season. There are tons of FA options available too that could make a splash. We need to make some moves. I don't think I could handle the Philly tanking method lol.
BasketballJones
Alba Posts: 19
Member: #290
USA
5/8/2018  10:57 PM
Patience... With Dolan as team owner.... Yeah, right.
https:// It's not so hard.
For the Knicks Patience is the only virtue Article

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy