[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The Ringer valued Ntilikina pretty highly in proposed trade for CJ McCollum ..
Author Thread
ccinflushing
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6061

4/26/2018  6:21 AM
https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/4/20/17262290/portland-trail-blazers-damian-lillard-cj-mccollum-trade
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/26/2018  7:34 AM
Frank and our 9th pick this year?
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/26/2018  8:48 AM
Knicks: Frank Ntilikina and Their First-Round Pick (Projected No. 9) for McCollum
Ntilikina is already one of the NBA’s best defensive point guards; he’d ease the pressure on Lillard and thus the rest of the defense, since he’d prevent easy penetration. The Knicks’ first -rounder is in range to grab a number of versatile wings like Mikal Bridges, Zhaire Smith, and Miles Bridges. As for New York, I’d view this deal as an opportunity to accelerate the rebuild around Kristaps Porzingis and increase the team’s appeal to free agents, rather than waiting for Ntilikina to develop.

No to this.. zero reason to. As for the bold it doesnt happen and every other GM thought it would. Hopefully these guys figure it out and avoid these deals.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
4/26/2018  8:48 AM
THJ and a second round pick.
knickstorrents
Member: #3050
Hong Kong
4/26/2018  9:49 AM
Vmart wrote:THJ and a second round pick.

If we could offload THJ I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Rose is not the answer.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

4/26/2018  10:04 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/26/2018  10:04 AM
knickstorrents wrote:

If we could offload THJ I'd do it in a heartbeat.

They wont go for that. If Bud is hired he could work with THJ again. A McCollum/Hardaway backcourt, with Burke coming off the bench would be nice.

Bud working with Frank would be good as well. When you have a quality coach who spent 17 years as Pop's assistant as your head coach, options increase. I hope they dont wait too long on this.

HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

4/26/2018  10:18 AM

Great Idea. But think Blazzers are looking to rebuild and manage cap. Dont think they go from wanting two low cost rookies to being okay with carrying an overpaid contract. If that was the case they would just sign Mac to a deal.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
4/26/2018  10:36 AM
I am not trading Frank period.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
4/26/2018  10:45 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:

Great Idea. But think Blazzers are looking to rebuild and manage cap. Dont think they go from wanting two low cost rookies to being okay with carrying an overpaid contract. If that was the case they would just sign Mac to a deal.

I think they will want to offload a couple of big contracts. Maybe if Kanter opts in, we have a chance at a deal, otherwise there probably isn't one out there.
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

4/26/2018  7:10 PM
stupid idea to trade Frank now
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
VCoug
Member: #1406

4/26/2018  10:12 PM
I would ****ing puke if we even thought about trading Ntilikina and our 1st for CJ ****ing McCollum.
Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/26/2018  10:39 PM
fishmike wrote:
Knicks: Frank Ntilikina and Their First-Round Pick (Projected No. 9) for McCollum
Ntilikina is already one of the NBA’s best defensive point guards; he’d ease the pressure on Lillard and thus the rest of the defense, since he’d prevent easy penetration. The Knicks’ first -rounder is in range to grab a number of versatile wings like Mikal Bridges, Zhaire Smith, and Miles Bridges. As for New York, I’d view this deal as an opportunity to accelerate the rebuild around Kristaps Porzingis and increase the team’s appeal to free agents, rather than waiting for Ntilikina to develop.

No to this.. zero reason to. As for the bold it doesnt happen and every other GM thought it would. Hopefully these guys figure it out and avoid these deals.

Yeah, I like the logic lol increase our appeal to free agents by killing our cap and offering them less money to pplay for us.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
KNICKSdom
Alba Posts: 8
Member: #545
USA
4/27/2018  6:11 AM
They all want Frank. Frank is a pg stopper now and a once in a generation talent. McCollum is good but there will not be another Frank in a long time. Kp/Frank is a great young core to build around. Follow this ny version process.
Knicks are happening and have a Unicorn.
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
4/27/2018  7:35 AM
At this point, Ntilikina and Bridges are better for NY than just CJ mCcollum. WE need depth, youth and talent. Yes CJ is good and young but he is only one.

Also what has he won?

I really hope they stay patient. Draft well, make a samrt FA signing or 2 and continue the build. Get Budenholzer and try to make the playoff this year. Clear space for next summer if possible too.

93BUICK
Member: #1175
USA
4/27/2018  6:22 PM
I like the Ringer but they suck with Knicks talk. Pretty useless. Their "Knicks fan" Jason Conception is the most annoying loud laughing foot on the couch person on the site. Bill Simmons is a die hard Celtic and I feel like he GMed his Knick dude to be Jim Dolan who thinks he's Jeremy Lin. Eny you should have his gig and move the fam to LA and I would become the Phil Mushnick relentless internet troll to do all I could to make it happen. I kind of want a gig there too. Conception went to Berklee College of Music in Boston and I went to New England Conservatory down the street I'm ready to be his worst nightmare/podcast partner.
Anyway that's way off topic- but I wouldn't trade Frank it's selling low and we create a vacuum at PG - McCollum is a great talent but I don't see the timing and fit with the team right now. I tend to overvalue the nuance and development of the team though and National NBA people just see us as sucking except for injured KP so they tend to have a broader but less sensitive vision about the team- could be right or wrong... but sometimes that ends up with Roberto Alomar on the Mets for example... or Carmelo and Amare... or Phil Jackson. McCollum is really good but with Starphuck is you don't always end up on top-
If you are still following the team and reading sites like this, there is nothing, short of your own demise, that is going to throw you off this train.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
4/27/2018  11:00 PM
KNICKSdom wrote:They all want Frank. Frank is a pg stopper now and a once in a generation talent. McCollum is good but there will not be another Frank in a long time. Kp/Frank is a great young core to build around. Follow this ny version process.

Agreed! When Frank and KP where both on the court they held teams to an Offensive Rating of only 96 and were a Plus 6.6 in Net Rating. That’s with Frank as a raw rookie!!!

The Ringer valued Ntilikina pretty highly in proposed trade for CJ McCollum ..

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy