Missing D Mitchell will go down in KNick lore
Author Thread
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
4/25/2018  12:25 PM
dacash wrote:
nixluva wrote:I have to wonder what Frank’s Standing Reach is cuz he is able to bother a 7’er flat footed!

Damn nice,he needs to teach kp to stop biting on fakes.
He offensive game will come along,

Frank is a different type of player. It’s easy to see the talent of kids like Fox, DSJ or DM but a kid like Frank is special in his own way. The Knicks picked him for those special qualities more than some fit for the Triangle!!!

IMO they saw a PG version of Kawhi and valued that over the scoring PG’s. He’s not anywhere close to as sexy a player cuz he’s not going to be your Primary Scorer but Frank can help you build a winning team. Frank n KP together held teams to a 96 Offensive Rating. That’s special.

AUTOADVERT
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

4/25/2018  12:44 PM
Many teams passed on him, Briggs...don't recall a big push for him around here, though I think a few folks talked about him. Have to admit that I did not look at him closely enough...I was looking at Frank/Monk/Smith, since we seemed to be looking at the PG position, and I don't see Mitchell as a PG. Wonder what Perry thought of him? Would the Kings have been better off with Michell over Fox?

Was it because he was an "older" player? He turns 22 in September. There is definitely a prejudice toward the one and done type players at this time. Would Philly be a better team if they had taken him instead of Fultz? Lakers?

Maybe teams will start looking a little closer at guys like Mitchell in the future when looking at top 10 selections. He was an older college freshman to begin with, and probably would not have been a lottery pick after his freshman year, but he made demonstrable gains in his sophomore year.

Wonder what Phil thought of him? Was he a consideration based on any draft rumors coming out of our draft team?

I see him as a smaller version of D.Wade. More of a scorer than a shooter, but he's physically mature and not afraid to assert himself or make mistakes. I think he's strong enough to get by at SG and despite his size, someone pointed out he has a great wingspan. Not many post-up SGs these days, anyway.

Right now, he and Tatum seem to be the best two way picks in the draft...we will see how things develop in the future.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/25/2018  1:02 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:Many teams passed on him, Briggs...don't recall a big push for him around here, though I think a few folks talked about him. Have to admit that I did not look at him closely enough...I was looking at Frank/Monk/Smith, since we seemed to be looking at the PG position, and I don't see Mitchell as a PG. Wonder what Perry thought of him? Would the Kings have been better off with Michell over Fox?

Was it because he was an "older" player? He turns 22 in September. There is definitely a prejudice toward the one and done type players at this time. Would Philly be a better team if they had taken him instead of Fultz? Lakers?

Maybe teams will start looking a little closer at guys like Mitchell in the future when looking at top 10 selections. He was an older college freshman to begin with, and probably would not have been a lottery pick after his freshman year, but he made demonstrable gains in his sophomore year.

Wonder what Phil thought of him? Was he a consideration based on any draft rumors coming out of our draft team?

I see him as a smaller version of D.Wade. More of a scorer than a shooter, but he's physically mature and not afraid to assert himself or make mistakes. I think he's strong enough to get by at SG and despite his size, someone pointed out he has a great wingspan. Not many post-up SGs these days, anyway.

Right now, he and Tatum seem to be the best two way picks in the draft...we will see how things develop in the future.

It's hard to project how quickly the guys will develop. Tatum was viewed as an iso guy with limited range who would struggle on defense and as third, fourth option. That's been proven wrong. Maybe he didn't get a chance to show these things at Duke? Maybe it's just easier to prepare for the season when you're going to a team with a set system like Boston? Same thing with Mitchell? He wasn't seen as a good finisher in college. That's not the case in the pros. I remember an interview where Mitchell said he was able to improve in that area because he had more time to work on it in than he had in college. Will that always be the case? It hasn't been the case for Mudiay.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
4/25/2018  1:07 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:Many teams passed on him, Briggs...don't recall a big push for him around here, though I think a few folks talked about him. Have to admit that I did not look at him closely enough...I was looking at Frank/Monk/Smith, since we seemed to be looking at the PG position, and I don't see Mitchell as a PG. Wonder what Perry thought of him? Would the Kings have been better off with Michell over Fox?

It's hard to project how quickly the guys will develop. Tatum was viewed as an iso guy with limited range who would struggle on defense and as third, fourth option. That's been proven wrong. Maybe he didn't get a chance to show these things at Duke? Maybe it's just easier to prepare for the season when you're going to a team with a set system like Boston? Same thing with Mitchell? He wasn't seen as a good finisher in college. That's not the case in the pros. I remember an interview where Mitchell said he was able to improve in that area because he had more time to work on it in than he had in college. Will that always be the case? It hasn't been the case for Mudiay.

Mudiay is a very strange case. I still have this feeling that with the right Training you could fix Mudiay's issues. His flaws are mostly just bad habits that you need to break him down and put him thru TONS of reps to try and remake him. He's only 22 so I would guess there's a chance you could be successful with enough work and dedication on his behalf.

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

4/25/2018  1:08 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:

Yup...hard to figure out some players, and yes, certain college programs might limit the games of some players.
EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/25/2018  1:19 PM
nixluva wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Mudiay is a very strange case. I still have this feeling that with the right Training you could fix Mudiay's issues. His flaws are mostly just bad habits that you need to break him down and put him thru TONS of reps to try and remake him. He's only 22 so I would guess there's a chance you could be successful with enough work and dedication on his behalf.

I do see a lot of similarities in Mitchell and Mudiay. Exception?
Mudiay don't hit his shots!!!
We can hope Knicks staff see something in this kid.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/25/2018  4:10 PM
Nalod wrote:
nixluva wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

I do see a lot of similarities in Mitchell and Mudiay. Exception?
Mudiay don't hit his shots!!!
We can hope Knicks staff see something in this kid.

Mudiay falls a lot and takes himself out of plays. His touch around the rim is not good. He does seem like he could be fixable. It will be interesting to see how he does this off season. Could Coach Bud fix him?
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Missing D Mitchell will go down in KNick lore

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy