[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Missing D Mitchell will go down in KNick lore
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/24/2018  9:05 AM
Cant say I personally wanted him but I can say we passed on a complete franchise player at 21, For those D Smith fans--he dont hold nothing to Mitchell--DM is nba star.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
knickstorrents
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3050
Hong Kong
4/24/2018  9:12 AM
I like Mitchell and he does play in control... but he's 6'2". You need to have a pretty long and defensive roster around him to make it work (which the Utah Jazz have, and which we don't)
Rose is not the answer.
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
4/24/2018  9:20 AM
I saw him play at the garden early this year and he's the real deal. Killer instinct and good athlete
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
4/24/2018  9:20 AM
I haven't seen much of him since, but he reminded me of Hardaway senior
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
4/24/2018  9:20 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/24/2018  9:21 AM
Ass holes who don't do their homework get left behind.

I was watching that game last night thinking the same damn thing. How do you pick frank over mitchell is beyond stupidity, and this is the FO you trust to draft for your team.

We could have had Rubio (if we traded rose last season) and mitchell as our back court along with KP..That's a FO thats savvy.

We signed Raymond Session, jack, and thj instead..LMAO

ES
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

4/24/2018  9:27 AM
If we drafted a rookie PG who put up 15/5/5/1 his first year in the league under a very demanding coach, most here would have been psyched. Thats what Smith jr. did his rookie year, in spite of some posters trying to paint him as an And1 freak show.

If we get Budenholzer, I believe the sky's the limit for Frank. Might even be able to make a PG out of him.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

4/24/2018  9:39 AM
I called this one... my point was that Mitchell was already close to what we might hope Frank would become... i think we fell in love with measurements more than anything because on paper Frank was certainly appealing. Mitchell is only going to get better. At some point, he'll either make the move to PG or he'll become Dwyane Wade v2
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
4/24/2018  10:07 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:I called this one... my point was that Mitchell was already close to what we might hope Frank would become... i think we fell in love with measurements more than anything because on paper Frank was certainly appealing. Mitchell is only going to get better. At some point, he'll either make the move to PG or he'll become Dwyane Wade v2

well mitchell does have a 6'10" wingspan himself.

if we feel bad, think of how denver fans must feel

look, at least we have porzingis and not mudiay. wait a minute . . .

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/24/2018  10:09 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:I called this one... my point was that Mitchell was already close to what we might hope Frank would become... i think we fell in love with measurements more than anything because on paper Frank was certainly appealing. Mitchell is only going to get better. At some point, he'll either make the move to PG or he'll become Dwyane Wade v2

I don't see him being a point guard. More like a dominating combo. He reminds of an Eric Gordon type when Gordon was with the Clippers. He can handle and set up the offense, but it will never be a strength. Wade type is probably the outcome.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
4/24/2018  10:10 AM
knickstorrents wrote:I like Mitchell and he does play in control... but he's 6'2". You need to have a pretty long and defensive roster around him to make it work (which the Utah Jazz have, and which we don't)

He's built like a mack truck, has a 6'10 wing span, has dunk contest winning vert and body control.

I was watching him sky for this one rebound fulling reaching extending his wing span and thought he was their PF until he came down with the ball because of how tall he appeared when he stretchered for that reb.

Wingspan & frame holds more value than height.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/24/2018  10:13 AM
I feel bad for some of you.
Lamenting the same thing over and over.......
14 other teams passed on Mitchell. Every year there are guys that do this.
But with you its "Knicks" passed over.

Utah miscued with Exum, makes it up with Mitchell.
They lost Haywood for nothing, made the room for Mitchell when the opportunity presented.
Philly missed with Noel and Oka4, makes it up with simmons and Emiiiiiiiid.
LA takes Russell, Philly takes Oka4, we get KP.
See how this works?
Measurments? You think that's how we decided?
BTW, y'all were on fire for smith or Monk. Mitchell was "Liked", but few are as excited about him as they are after he breaks out.

knicks1248
4/24/2018  10:21 AM
Hopefully this FO can redeem itself by turning Burke into a all star, and they can start by drafting or trading for a starting caliber SF and hiring BUD or Mark.
ES
newyorknewyork
4/24/2018  10:26 AM
GustavBahler wrote:If we drafted a rookie PG who put up 15/5/5/1 his first year in the league under a very demanding coach, most here would have been psyched. Thats what Smith jr. did his rookie year, in spite of some posters trying to paint him as an And1 freak show.

If we get Budenholzer, I believe the sky's the limit for Frank. Might even be able to make a PG out of him.

The knock on Smith wasn't if he would be able to put up numbers. He was voted by most to be rookie of the year. The questions around him were about his commitment to defense, his ability to generate wins playing winning bball, his injury history, and supposed character concerns. As you can see those are lot of questions about one player that Knicks couldn't afford to gamble on.

The commitment to defense and ability to play winning bball are still under question. I will say he has proven to be a good character throughout his rookie yr. So he has answered that question so far. And he was able to play 69 games. His previous injuries doesn't seem like a major concern at this point but we will see.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
4/24/2018  10:28 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/24/2018  10:30 AM
knicks1248 wrote:Ass holes who don't do their homework get left behind.

I was watching that game last night thinking the same damn thing. How do you pick frank over mitchell is beyond stupidity, and this is the FO you trust to draft for your team.

We could have had Rubio (if we traded rose last season) and mitchell as our back court along with KP..That's a FO thats savvy.

Sixers, Lakers, Celtics, Suns, Kings, Magic, TWolves, Knicks, Mavs, Kings again, Hornets, Pistons all passed on Mitchell. How do you think the Nuggets feel? They picked him then traded his rights to Utah.

I guess it will go down also in the "Sixers, Lakers, Celtics, Suns, Kings, Magic, TWolves, Knicks, Mavs, Kings again, Hornets, Pistons, Nuggets Lore"

Nalod
USA
4/24/2018  10:36 AM
Incessant whining and compulsive threads based on impressionable moments is an existing "lore".
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
4/24/2018  10:40 AM
Mitchell is great, we missed on him. Utah really brings the best out of him though. And Ntilikina can still close the gap and be a very good player that makes us at least hurt less.
newyorknewyork
4/24/2018  10:53 AM
Nalod wrote:I feel bad for some of you.

They lost Haywood for nothing, made the room for Mitchell when the opportunity presented.
See how this works?
BTW, y'all were on fire for smith or Monk. Mitchell was "Liked", but few are as excited about him as they are after he breaks out.

The importance of Mitchell is that he is the trend of prospect that we should be looking for.

He was a 3 & D prospect with the frame, length, athleticism to play in the NBA. Played in the toughest conference in the NCAA and was basically the franchise player for Louiville on both offense and defense. He only scored 16pts a game so he wasn't viewed as that offensive dynamo that makes you a top 5 pick. But as you can see developing an better offensive arsenal is a lot easier to do than developing all those other tools he had.

This is along the same lines as Frank as a prospect though he wasn't developed as physically strong. And should be the type of prospects we continue to target. Some will miss some will hit. Same as going after the Smiths or the Monks just like the Beasleys and the Derek Williams and Doug Mcdermotts who are offensive monsters coming out of college. Some will hit and some will miss. But 2-way players are the ones winning the chips.

Utah has strictly collected 2-way players. Even picked up Jae Crowder by moving Hood. With Rubio, Mitchell, Ingles, Crowder, Favors, Gobert. They are created so many turnovers leading to fast break points.

People also take the lazy way and just look at Mitchell and just look at the 33 pts is why Jazz beat Thunder. Rubio had 8 ast, Mitchell and Ingles combined for 8 ast, Crowder had 3 ast. 5 of their 7 man rotation had an assist. They have a lot of motion and passes leading to dunks to combine with them deflecting so many passes in the passing lane.

Nalod
USA
4/24/2018  11:07 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:

See how this works?

The importance of Mitchell is that he is the trend of prospect that we should be looking for.

He was a 3 & D prospect with the frame, length, athleticism to play in the NBA. Played in the toughest conference in the NCAA and was basically the franchise player for Louiville on both offense and defense. He only scored 16pts a game so he wasn't viewed as that offensive dynamo that makes you a top 5 pick. But as you can see developing an better offensive arsenal is a lot easier to do than developing all those other tools he had.

This is along the same lines as Frank as a prospect though he wasn't developed as physically strong. And should be the type of prospects we continue to target. Some will miss some will hit. Same as going after the Smiths or the Monks just like the Beasleys and the Derek Williams and Doug Mcdermotts who are offensive monsters coming out of college. Some will hit and some will miss. But 2-way players are the ones winning the chips.

Utah has strictly collected 2-way players. Even picked up Jae Crowder by moving Hood. With Rubio, Mitchell, Ingles, Crowder, Favors, Gobert. They are created so many turnovers leading to fast break points.

People also take the lazy way and just look at Mitchell and just look at the 33 pts is why Jazz beat Thunder. Rubio had 8 ast, Mitchell and Ingles combined for 8 ast, Crowder had 3 ast. 5 of their 7 man rotation had an assist. They have a lot of motion and passes leading to dunks to combine with them deflecting so many passes in the passing lane.

Haywood out and mitchell in, and getting Rubio is not about players but they are pieces in Quinn Snyders system that is not a "culture" in Utah.
Utah looks like freaking Spurs lately! It is to the team and the culture that Mitchell is as successful as he is, not "The pick, length of his arms, etc".
About last night.......
Rubio didn't get into the macho war with Westbrook. Russ looked like he was torqued up in the first period then tried to go into superman mode. PG13 looked angry all game and took stupid shots. Melo, well, lets just say he was not even Olympic Melo!
As announcer said in game Utah plays with a certain "Joy" and took OKC apart in the third with Westbrook in foul trouble.

Rubio on the knicks would be more like Jose Calderon on team than what we saw last night. Besides, Minny didn't want that trade for Rose. They got a much inexpensive more humbled Rose. Last year Minny was not playoff bound.
Rubio is playing in a system. I always liked him and his pass first game. Rubio is successful because the Jazz are well rounded.
In some aspects our first 30 games were very good with Jack and healthy KP. Beas was on the bench and the ball moved well.

newyorknewyork
4/24/2018  11:25 AM
Nalod wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

See how this works?

Haywood out and mitchell in, and getting Rubio is not about players but they are pieces in Quinn Snyders system that is not a "culture" in Utah.
Utah looks like freaking Spurs lately! It is to the team and the culture that Mitchell is as successful as he is, not "The pick, length of his arms, etc".
About last night.......
Rubio didn't get into the macho war with Westbrook. Russ looked like he was torqued up in the first period then tried to go into superman mode. PG13 looked angry all game and took stupid shots. Melo, well, lets just say he was not even Olympic Melo!
As announcer said in game Utah plays with a certain "Joy" and took OKC apart in the third with Westbrook in foul trouble.

Rubio on the knicks would be more like Jose Calderon on team than what we saw last night. Besides, Minny didn't want that trade for Rose. They got a much inexpensive more humbled Rose. Last year Minny was not playoff bound.
Rubio is playing in a system. I always liked him and his pass first game. Rubio is successful because the Jazz are well rounded.
In some aspects our first 30 games were very good with Jack and healthy KP. Beas was on the bench and the ball moved well.

Its the combination of both the culture as well as, the pick, length of his arms etc. If it was just culture that anyone would be successful then they wouldn't have to trade up to get Mitchell they could have sat back and taken Frank Jackson with the #28 and expected the same results.

Rubio was one of the best plus minus defenders at the PG position last couple of seasons. Mitchell defensive stud out of the ACC. Don't need to talk about Gobert and Crowder on the defensive end. They play defense, they move the ball and get high % shots, and they are in motion constantly themselves. The length that Mitchell & Gobert & Ingles & Favors all enhance the concepts that they install defensively. While the unselfishness of Rubio, Mitchell, Ingles, Crowder, Favors all enhance the offense. While Goberts constant motor makes up for his lack of offensive playmaking.

knicks1248
4/24/2018  11:40 AM
NYKBocker wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:Ass holes who don't do their homework get left behind.

Sixers, Lakers, Celtics, Suns, Kings, Magic, TWolves, Knicks, Mavs, Kings again, Hornets, Pistons all passed on Mitchell. How do you think the Nuggets feel? They picked him then traded his rights to Utah.

I guess it will go down also in the "Sixers, Lakers, Celtics, Suns, Kings, Magic, TWolves, Knicks, Mavs, Kings again, Hornets, Pistons, Nuggets Lore"

Aside from the magic, all of those teams had legit Guards on their roster , we had nobody at the PG or sg going into the draft, and to sit up there and pick a sure nuff 4 yr project when you need a starter is dumb..

ES
Missing D Mitchell will go down in KNick lore

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy