[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

KawhiMania
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/25/2018  1:46 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:He is one of my favorite players. Turns 27 soon, and unless I'm missing something, he has a player option after next season, and he's on a contract that doesn't pay him what he deserves. Would he stay in NY?

Is he reaching a point in his career where he will become injury prone? After this year, his 7 year average is about 59 games/season. I understand that Pops gives guys rests, but I still wonder about his durability. That would scare me...I'm thinking McDyess at this moment.

With all this said...If I could be guaranteed that he would give us injury free seasons where he plays 75 games/year at the level he's played at when healthy, it would be hard not to think about picking him up, even if it meant trading guys I really like. I'm not not sure about his durability at this point.

Good points. At his age, and he is a very athletic player no doubt looking at his big payday the team that should get him I would think has assets that would not compromise its contention status. He comes to knicks, lets say for Frank and our 9 pick plus.....I'd have to question doe it empty the cupboard a bit.
Ainge and Philly as amassed assets to the point they can shed a piece or two. Boston with a healthy Haywood can certainly add Kawhi by centering a trade around either Brown or Tatum, or both and it won't hurt them. It improves them.
For us, Leonard is a big upgrade but the team won't be contending next season, it would be 2019 at the earliest. KP needs next year to just come back healthy and sustain on the court. He might surprise, but he might have setbacks and at any level should be treated with kid gloves.

AUTOADVERT
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
4/25/2018  1:49 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
knickstorrents wrote:Please no to the Starphuch.

What he said, He was being polite

How else we're suppose to get talented players to come here, obviously they are not signing with us via Free agency, and we don't draft well enough or high enough.

ES
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
4/25/2018  2:21 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

How else we're suppose to get talented players to come here, obviously they are not signing with us via Free agency, and we don't draft well enough or high enough.

Let's just give the f up!

What kind of statement is that?

Are you Dolan? We don't draft well enough or high enough.

That hasn't stopped San Antonio!

We have to build a foundation- fill in some of the holes and gaps.

It's too early for us to think about adding a player like Kawhi through a trade. We don't have enough pieces, and we're bad.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
4/25/2018  3:19 PM
franco12 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

It's too early for us to think about adding a player like Kawhi through a trade. We don't have enough pieces, and we're bad.

No you can start by getting rid of mills, so we can change the culture.

Then we can start drafting better, signing better FA, rather than over paying for Noah, Baker, jr smiths brother, lance THJ, ect.

Don't be naive..

You know whats up, make good trades no matter who's on the roster.

If we drafted well enough we wouldn't be in the position we are in now, if we didn't build a 30 win team we would draft high enough, im not saying nothing ridiculous. It's a fact

ES
meloshouldgo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5801

4/25/2018  4:29 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
franco12 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

No you can start by getting rid of mills, so we can change the culture.

Then we can start drafting better, signing better FA, rather than over paying for Noah, Baker, jr smiths brother, lance THJ, ect.

Don't be naive..

You know whats up, make good trades no matter who's on the roster.

If we drafted well enough we wouldn't be in the position we are in now, if we didn't build a 30 win team we would draft high enough, im not saying nothing ridiculous. It's a fact

Your solve for everything is to get rid of Mills? Create a thread on that, ok? Forget this idiotic starfukking.

We don't draft high enough and well enough - based on what? It's people like you and front office GM's with your mindset that has kept us from drafting high enough or in most cases drafting at all. You can't have your cake and eat it too. Call for starfukks and trading our picks at every opportunity then bith about not drafting high enough? How many drafts did Philly make in teh top 8 before putting together three good players? And we want to match that with two picks in 15 years?

Get your **** together, bro.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

4/25/2018  4:32 PM
I would be 100% interested if they would want anyone on the roster not named KP...

I agree with Nalod in that we screw ourselves whenever we trade future assets, so not into that (swaps for Eddy Curry, anyone?)

frankly, I think the best bet is to wait until he's an UFA and take our chances then

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/25/2018  4:39 PM
Kawhi was picked at number 13. Obviously he was an anomaly and he was not an overnight sensation. He was developed.
to give up 2 or three assets that can be that is dicy. Frank as we know is still growing and might be this kind of player. In three years Frank could be very differnt and he'll only be 22!
Maybe we get Mikal Bridges, and he is a very very good player. If we think he is MVP type, he'll go top 4. But as we know none of this is a Science.
Spurs will want more than these two assets. No. 1 pick in 2020? I hate that, if things go wrong its got to be protected.
knickstorrents
Member: #3050
Hong Kong
4/26/2018  4:05 AM
He's worth investigating during free agency MAYBE. No trades for Kawhi at all. We are not at a point where getting him would help us. We need to build a culture and a foundation first. We have some foundational pieces but Kawhi is for teams looking to get through multiple rounds of the playoffs. We're not there yet. Our talent base is too weak to trade away for him, and we're not far enough along to be an attractive FA destination either.

Check out teams like the LA Lakers, 76'ers, Celtics - these are young teams that have enough talent to be attractive free agent destinations. We need to get there first by developing our own talent, accumulating picks, getting underlooked gems, and not starphucking. Starphucking will only set us back several years, we will end up in a situation where we can't draft high because we get to the playoffs and/or win too much, and we'll still lose in the first round. Starphucking gets you nowhere. Let's establish a foundation similar to San Antonio/Utah Jazz (which is what Philly seems to have done). We should distance ourselves from what we've done in the past - quick fixes might feel good for a few weeks but starphuck trades damage the franchise for years.

Rose is not the answer.
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

4/26/2018  6:15 AM
Mike1989 wrote:
wargames wrote:Lets wait and see if the Spurs even move him. They are a older team and there is a certain wisdom is being low in the cap while you rebuild (The Process). You're not getting equivalent star value for Kawhi, and even Kawhi couldn't keep that older roster in the playoffs much longer. Also trading him for picks isn't ideal because even on a decent roster with him there you're getting late 20 picks.

They might just let him walk? Hit bottom and put faith in their coaching/scouting that won them championships before.

The Spurs have managed to get this far this season without Kawhi Leonard. Now I agree that they are unlikely to be a title contender without him, and it is possible they might miss the play offs next year without him, but I suspect the Spurs would still be competitive without Kawhi. I think they have shown with their line ups this season that they can adapt to the loss of their star player and change their approach depending on their opponent (for instance in the last game they started Patty Mills, Dejounte Murray, Danny Green, Kyle Anderson and LaMarcus Aldridge). Factor in a potential deal for Kawhi Leonard and they could still end up with a talented line up.

If they send Kawhi east who could they get in return?

- Miami are typically aggressive but they lack first round picks to do a deal. The Spurs would also have to accept a deal possibly involving Dragic and Winslow or Adebayo plus a future first round pick, or they could go for Whiteside and a young player plus a future first round pick.

- Milwaukee could decide to swing for the fences to try and keep Giannis happy. Imagine if they decide to throw Khris Middleton and Tony Snell to the Spurs, that gives them a scorer and a really good 3-and-D player to replace a potentially exiting Rudy Gay and Danny Green (if they both opt out and leave). The Bucks also own their first round pick which could be added into a deal..

- Boston are likely to want in on the act. Putting together a deal could revolve around them sending Al Horford with the Spurs sending Kawhi and Rudy Gay to balance the deal. Alternatively they could look at a deal involving Jayson Tatum ($6.7m), Marcus Morris ($5.3m), Jaylen Brown ($5.1m) and Terry Rozier ($3m) as a package deal. That sees the Celtics get three young ascending players and a proven veteran, and with the contracts the Spurs will have coming off the books they could accept a 4 for 1 deal. This is before consider the draft picks the Celtics own.

- Philly would be possibility. Imagine if they pair Ben Simmons and Joel Embiid with Kawhi Leonard. Good luck eastern teams in competing with that. Philly could offer a young player like Markelle Fultz ($8.3m) along with a veteran like Covington ($10.4m) and a makeweight like TJ mcConnell ($1.6m team option). Philly also have an abundance of draft picks including the 10th and 26th picks in the first round and four second round picks. Plus they have future first round pick rights to sell as well.

These are all appealing deals for the Spurs to consider if Kawhi truly wants out of San Antonio. Reportedly Pop doesn't want to send him in their conference so that means sending him out east. We've got teams out here with the assets to make a deal worthwhile. They could end up with some decent young ascending talent. So there is no point in them holding onto him and letting him walk for nothing because they aren't a title contender with Kawhi. He could even play hard ball again next year and sit for most of the year before opting out and leaving for nothing. So it makes sense for the Spurs to get something in return for him rather than nothing just like the Pacers did when they sold Paul George.

Oh god no, not Philly. If the Sixers get him its goodnight for the next 5 years. Trade KP and tank hard.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
awe1028
Member: #2780

4/26/2018  1:53 PM
There is nothing wrong with acquiring kawhi AS A FREE AGENT. Drafting Mikal Bridges and then adding Kawhi as a free agent would give the Knicks by far the best defense in the NBA and with Kawhi and KP as the foundation the offense would also be formidable. IMHO in such a scenario Kawhi would accelerate the rebuild and the Knicks would be instant championship contenders.

Center (I would love it to be Kanter but he will probably price himself out of NY/Therefore use the pick they would not have given up in a Kawhi trade to draft Kanter's replacement)
KP (PF)
KL (SF)
MB (SG)
FN (PG)

This is a as formidable a staring five as there is in the NBA

The point however is to add Kawhi to what the Knicks already have. Therefore NO to TRADING for Kawhi. The price tag in terms of talent and picks the Knicks would have to give up would be enormous and as such would defeat the purpose.

The argument will be Kawhi will never come to the Knicks as a free agent. I don't know if I agree with that but if it were in fact the case, the Knicks should then just keep it moving and continue with the rebuild

knickstorrents
Member: #3050
Hong Kong
4/28/2018  9:16 PM
If the Knicks aren't an attractive FA destination, we should fix that issue first before starphucking. We need to have a good culture, good developmental process, good young rookies. Winning and FA's will come after those are fixed.
Rose is not the answer.
KawhiMania

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy