[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Lottery Pick here We Come
Author Thread
Knick2001
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #83
1/8/2002  11:24 AM
This team is imploding and headed for disaster. The bright spot in all this is a potential lottery pick (assuming the idiot GM Layden hasn't already or plans to trade it away). This team actually needs to rebuild from the ground up, so this season is as good as any to start,
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/8/2002  3:21 PM
Posted by Knick2001:

This team is imploding and headed for disaster. The bright spot in all this is a potential lottery pick (assuming the idiot GM Layden hasn't already or plans to trade it away). This team actually needs to rebuild from the ground up, so this season is as good as any to start,
If I were GM, this is how I would approach it:
- Can the current team get to the finals or at least the Conference playoffs? No.
- Can we make a trade that will propel us to the conference finals? No.
- Will we be able to make off-season roster moves that would allow us to compete for the conference finals next year? Unlikely (same as this past summer).
- Is Fredrick Weis finally going to dominate the European league and then be the savior of the Knicks? Oh boy.
- Is it possible that Cheowith has a twin brother that we could draft? (sigh)
- Last year's playoffs was an anomaly, but it does not look like the current team will even make the playoffs this season... with the stated $1 million revenue kick that comes with home games after the regular season, that make it a cool ~$10 million that have slipped through Dolan's hands for this year and last (I would submit that this year's team should get into the second round). With possible ~$5 million that the current team should be generating next year (all things considered and staying the same), that adds up to a lot of one dollars bills that won't be seeing the coffers. Yikes.
- Do the current groups' contract situation make it more likely that the team could free up some cap room over the next 2-3 years and give the team a chance to sign a free agent while still giving the fans hope that their team can win? Please.
- Do we have a young team that is going to get better? That's the Clippers or the Nets.

My only conclusion as GM would be to start rebuilding, whether by starting from scratch or by trading away my top players.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
1/8/2002  5:17 PM
I genuinely believe we should be busy like humming bees come draft day and try to trade then instead of now. Maybe the trading deadline will offer something tasty or Rasheed deal will follow through (don't think so) but trading our top players for draft picks should work. It will depend on how picky we will be of what the rest of the salary return in the deal will be.
Knick2001
1/13/2002  10:11 AM
According to todays NY Dailynews even the sport reporters see the Knicks having to realize it's time to break up this team. Trade as many players as possible for draft picks and clear cap space. The Knicks may suck for a few years, but they will be building a foundation for longer playoff run in the future.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
1/13/2002  12:51 PM
Posted by Knick2001:

According to todays NY Dailynews even the sport reporters see the Knicks having to realize it's time to break up this team. Trade as many players as possible for draft picks and clear cap space. The Knicks may suck for a few years, but they will be building a foundation for longer playoff run in the future.
I think the franchise has enough money and isn't afraid to spend a lot of money so that the Knicks will never have a bunch of poor seasons in a row. One of these years will come once in awhile, but you can't expect them to be like this forever. The salary cap is what killed the Knicks because they can't sign big names every summer. They'll find a way to get back into things though.
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
1/14/2002  1:26 PM
An article on the possible upcoming class of point guards...something that we need to go younger with. Looks like the next class will be full of them.

http://www.detroitnews.com/2002/pistons/0201/14/f04-390478.htm

PURE KNICKS LOVE
VG
Member: #68
Australia
1/14/2002  9:36 PM
I thought Juan Dixon was a 2?
Caseloads
Member: #41
1/15/2002  1:57 AM
Posted by VG:

I thought Juan Dixon was a 2?
he's an allen ivy, a 2 playing in a 1's body...
knicksbabyyeah
Netherlands
1/15/2002  4:35 AM
What kind of a draft rating is that anyway? Although I agree that Juan Carlos Navarro shuld be picked high I disagree with taking Frank Williams over Dajaun Wagner.

Furthermore, wouldn't it be nice to see a ranking with all the players that represents what the scouts are thinking?

I'm really curious what pick will be used on Chris Marcus. And there are alot of SF in the upcoming draft as well. I kinda like Chris Jefferies and Caron Butler for instance. And for our second round selection we should take a major risk, what the hell right? Sani Ibrahim for instance.
Knick2001
2/5/2002  10:05 AM
I know the one top center everyone is talking about is the China center Yao Ming. Has anyone seen a listing of other top centers that could be in this years draft. I wonder if there are any high school centers good enough this year to make the jump to the NBA.
Caseloads
Member: #41
2/5/2002  12:34 PM
Posted by Knick2001:

I know the one top center everyone is talking about is the China center Yao Ming. Has anyone seen a listing of other top centers that could be in this years draft. I wonder if there are any high school centers good enough this year to make the jump to the NBA.
Chris Marcus. The other centers include Standford's and UCLA's Gadzuric... the pickings kinda get slim after that...
knicksbabyyeah
Netherlands
2/5/2002  12:43 PM
Yup, upcoming draft

awhole lotta PG's,

a reasonable bunch of SF's,

a small group of PF's and SG's

and only a handful of centers.
Lottery Pick here We Come

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy