USA
4/13/2018  8:30 PM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

4/13/2018  8:48 PM
Means another vacancy. I hope Knicks mgmt does their homework but doesnt let some good candidates slip away. Glad to hear that a few good coaches have approached the Knicks. Hasnt been that way for a while.
wargames
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6053

4/14/2018  9:04 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/14/2018  9:05 PM
Also glad they got ahead of the pack and made the move to replace jeff. I'm hoping it's Stackhouse though. He could help the youth develop a little meaness to their games.
The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/14/2018  11:54 PM
wargames wrote:Also glad they got ahead of the pack and made the move to replace jeff. I'm hoping it's Stackhouse though. He could help the youth develop a little meaness to their games.

Stack house has a great reputation and is very accomplished as a young coach. I would be good with him as the hire. I really like JVG, Fizdale and Stackhousecas candidates.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
unstopaball12
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1137
Philippines
4/15/2018  12:25 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
wargames wrote:Also glad they got ahead of the pack and made the move to replace jeff. I'm hoping it's Stackhouse though. He could help the youth develop a little meaness to their games.

Stack house has a great reputation and is very accomplished as a young coach. I would be good with him as the hire. I really like JVG, Fizdale and Stackhousecas candidates.

Like I said in the other thread, I want fizdale as coach and now am looking at stack hopefully as his Associate head coach. Its still a step up for Stack.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/17/2018  9:41 AM
ATL paying this guy 7 mm a year and he has two more years left!!
He was in a duel role as head of personnel/Gm....what ever you want to call it.
He got to keep that money via contract but he is just coaching. ATL will want compensation.
RIght guy is worth a late 2nd rounder.
I'd like to see this guy interview with us. I suppose ATL is in full rebuild mode and want to get from that contract?
He is scheduled to visit with Suns, who are also rebuilding but having been stacking talent and picks.
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
4/17/2018  12:02 PM
Nalod wrote:ATL paying this guy 7 mm a year and he has two more years left!!
He got to keep that money via contract but he is just coaching. ATL will want compensation.
I'd like to see this guy interview with us. I suppose ATL is in full rebuild mode and want to get from that contract?
He is scheduled to visit with Suns, who are also rebuilding but having been stacking talent and picks.

Budenholzer has a proven record of player development. He probably isn't a candidate because he will want more power then just a coach which Perry probably wouldn't be cool with.

But he had proven to do pretty well with cap management and draft picks. (Except for that Bazemore contract)

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Nalod
USA
4/17/2018  12:57 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:

Budenholzer has a proven record of player development. He probably isn't a candidate because he will want more power then just a coach which Perry probably wouldn't be cool with.

But he had proven to do pretty well with cap management and draft picks. (Except for that Bazemore contract)

He lost that juice card in ATL and I don't know if Suns or others are giving it. These SAS guys come out and Pop teaches them to negotiate influence.
Smart.
We don't know if Perry is diva. I would say Budenhozwer has not earned that level of influence nor in the knicks case has Perry has found his path yet.
If he requires that control, I'd agree it might not be a good fit. Perhaps in time.

Mike1989
Member: #8627

4/17/2018  1:26 PM

I'd like to see us interview him, but do we have the assets to get him here without giving too much up?

The Suns have two first round picks and two second round picks. They also have a 2019 first round pick from Milwaukee and a 2021 first round pick from Miami. And then they can start considering whether they want to move any young talent like Dragan Bender, Marquese Chriss, Alex Len, Elfrid Payton and Alan Williams.

In our case we only have our first and second round picks this year. In terms of incoming picks we've got second round picks from Orlando/Cleveland/Houston (2019) and two from Charlotte (2020 and 2021). So we don't really have a ton of picks to throw in any deal and we don't want to get into the habit of giving up future first round picks again. Talent wise we do have some talent that might appeal to them, but we aren't really in a position to give up too much for a coach.

For me, I'd prefer to see us look for options that aren't going to cost us picks unless we can get away with only sending second round picks for him.

Nalod
USA
4/17/2018  2:14 PM
Mike1989 wrote:

I'd like to see us interview him, but do we have the assets to get him here without giving too much up?

The Suns have two first round picks and two second round picks. They also have a 2019 first round pick from Milwaukee and a 2021 first round pick from Miami. And then they can start considering whether they want to move any young talent like Dragan Bender, Marquese Chriss, Alex Len, Elfrid Payton and Alan Williams.

In our case we only have our first and second round picks this year. In terms of incoming picks we've got second round picks from Orlando/Cleveland/Houston (2019) and two from Charlotte (2020 and 2021). So we don't really have a ton of picks to throw in any deal and we don't want to get into the habit of giving up future first round picks again. Talent wise we do have some talent that might appeal to them, but we aren't really in a position to give up too much for a coach.

For me, I'd prefer to see us look for options that aren't going to cost us picks unless we can get away with only sending second round picks for him.

I said he was worth a late second round pick if he is "your guy" and checks the boxes.
Suns don't have KP, and don't have Frank!!!
Its why you interview. Sometimes the timing is not right but in 5 years maybe the stars line up and you after a guy you interviewed before.

Mike1989
Member: #8627

4/17/2018  6:56 PM
Nalod wrote:
Mike1989 wrote:

I said he was worth a late second round pick if he is "your guy" and checks the boxes.
Suns don't have KP, and don't have Frank!!!
Its why you interview. Sometimes the timing is not right but in 5 years maybe the stars line up and you after a guy you interviewed before.

True, he might be someone we look at down the line. If they'd take our second and he's the best guy I'd have no major issue with the move.

As for the Suns. They do have Booker, Jackson and Warren who are ascending young talent. They'll likely be able to add another top prospect to their team like Doncic, Bagley or Ayton. Add in those other young players from my previous post, any further additions in the draft, as well as any trades or free agent moves and they could turn the corner under the right head coach.

Woj: Hawks give Budenholzer permission to negotiate with the Suns

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy