[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The next Knicks Head Coach is...
Author Thread
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
4/15/2018  3:53 PM
I definitely don’t want Blatt or Mark Jackson. It’s JVG first, Stackhouse or jay wright second for me.i will accept no one else!
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/15/2018  4:17 PM

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
MS
Member: #724
4/15/2018  4:19 PM
Jay Wright wouldn’t pick up the phone. You leave the best program in college for an injured KP, no cap space and question marks at every position. He’s taking the Sixers or Lakers jobs or staying at Villanova for the next 5 years.

Blatt wouldn’t get anyone excited and LeBron probably hasn’t helped his reputation around the league. That wwould ups be as bad a hire as a Derek Fisher.

Fiz is the guy you bring in. Players like him and position for 19.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

4/15/2018  4:45 PM
martin wrote:

Thank you!

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
PhilinLA
Member: #696
4/15/2018  6:16 PM
JVG quit on the team and doesn't understand analytics or player development. Jackson cheated on his wife then became a religious freak who tries to convert players. Screw both of them. Be like the Rangers and find someone fresh.
http://amonthhoffundays.blogspot.com/ We got a ringer.
Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
4/15/2018  6:58 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:Woodson? WTF????
You go around talking about getting young two way players and then you interview a coach who would destroy young players and only play vets? This dumbass can't coach any system other than dumping the ball to some overrated so called "star".

Why not look at Isiah Thomas as well, while you are at it?

Agreed. His time has come and gone. JVG however has coached and has all aspects needed in a coach, took us to finals, can handle Media, insists on defense, And will Help KP immeasurably.

Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
4/15/2018  7:00 PM
PhilinLA wrote:JVG quit on the team and doesn't understand analytics or player development. Jackson cheated on his wife then became a religious freak who tries to convert players. Screw both of them. Be like the Rangers and find someone fresh.

What makes you suggest JVG doesn’t understand analytics or player development ? He and his bro have a better handle on analytics as they are B.B. brats as solid basketball minds. How else did he go to the Finals??

GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
4/15/2018  7:27 PM
JVG not mentioned in the initial round of interviews.

Fizzdle, Blatt, JAckson and Stackhouse with Woodson also.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/15/2018  7:31 PM
All this guy have taints. The one with the least experience is Stack, so there is no reason to dislike him.
Then Fiz, who blew out pretty badly in his first gig. Rambis like, but he “was liked by heat”.
Woodson had a vet team so you lable that on him.
Blatt took his team to finals and had a problem with Lebron, so he is tainted forever?
MDA had lots of issues, and look at him now!
I’d say we fans are the worst at an reasonable thought.
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

4/15/2018  8:27 PM
Nalod wrote:All this guy have taints. The one with the least experience is Stack, so there is no reason to dislike him.
Then Fiz, who blew out pretty badly in his first gig. Rambis like, but he “was liked by heat”.
Blatt took his team to finals and had a problem with Lebron, so he is tainted forever?

Fiz took the Griz to the playoffs in his 1st year!!! Not sure what you are implying. He was let go because of a dispute with Gasol...Griz have been dreadful since they let him go.

Nalod
USA
4/15/2018  9:41 PM
Uptown wrote:
Nalod wrote:All this guy have taints. The one with the least experience is Stack, so there is no reason to dislike him.

Fiz took the Griz to the playoffs in his 1st year!!! Not sure what you are implying. He was let go because of a dispute with Gasol...Griz have been dreadful since they let him go.

I missed the playoff entry. Im wrong.

GoNyGoNyGo
USA
4/16/2018  8:39 AM
Fizz is growing on me. I like that he is a Riley disciple. The dues with Gasol is worrying but I hope that it was a learning experience for him.

He had success with a good team.

I think NY is built similarly to Memphis

dacash
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1179

4/16/2018  9:18 AM
I don't think it was all fitz fault ...
https://www.google.bs/amp/nba.nbcsports.com/2017/12/01/dave-joerger-thought-marc-gasol-was-trying-to-get-him-fired-as-grizzlies-coach/amp/
I think gasol like hernangomez heard the praise and went gaga.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
4/16/2018  9:43 AM
Fizdale, Stackhouse, or JVG would all be awesome. Mark Jackson sort of seems like one of those splashy moves for the Knicks that never really works.
PhilinLA
Member: #696
4/16/2018  10:33 AM
Paris907 wrote:
PhilinLA wrote:JVG quit on the team and doesn't understand analytics or player development. Jackson cheated on his wife then became a religious freak who tries to convert players. Screw both of them. Be like the Rangers and find someone fresh.

What makes you suggest JVG doesn’t understand analytics or player development ? He and his bro have a better handle on analytics as they are B.B. brats as solid basketball minds. How else did he go to the Finals??

He's old school. Have you heard him talk about basketball? He doesn't know what per is. And bigger than all of that is that he quit on the team and should never be allowed back.
http://amonthhoffundays.blogspot.com/ We got a ringer.
Nalod
USA
4/16/2018  11:10 AM
I like that JVG quit. In fact, how many times do the players quit on a season? Frequently. Can't fire them!!! LOL.
Fact is all these candidates have some form of taint in them from their past. If not they'd be all time greats untouchable with current teams!
Only Stack is virgin. Lovely Gleague ham it up for camera video make him a dream guy!!!
I almost think the Carolina connection with him and Kupchek (Carolina dude) puts him in Charlotte. He can keep the fans content with his Dean Smith quotes while they rebuild around Willy!
Knicks have been great with hiring minorities (give Dolan credit for a second there)and we have had both white and black coaches fail here!!! We equally ruin careers! Chaney, Herb, Wilkins, Isiah, Woodson, Fish.....That's six of the 11 that have coached since JVG left. Mills and Perry are the first black tandem to run a franchise.

I am fine with:
1. Blatt
2. Fizz
3. Stack
4. Clifford
5. JVG
6. Woodson
7. Gene Shue
9. Larry Brown
10.Dick Motta

Not seeing any other names but the first 7. Clifford was an assistant here. He had some health issues this year. As a person I like Woodson and JVG. Mark Jax is a bit of a publicity thing. His name never comes up on other teams and perhaps we pander to the fan and bring him in. If ewing was free I'd advocate for an interview but I am not down with the "Warrior mentality backward feel good story" to hiring him. He gets the job on his vision and energy, not because he was our franchise player for an era. That was then, this is now. Its why their past will be bought up in the interview and how they deal with it matters. If Fizz phuched up, he'll own it and discuss why he phuched up. Gasol was no doubt complicit. Don Nelson messed with Ewing and got his ass fired. Don is like all time game winning coach? not a chip dude, but he has had a long career. Ewing was complicit as well.
I like the idea of continuity and building a tree. Someone mentioned Stack as associate head coach and that would be a good thing.
The notion Blatt lost his team from arrogance is over rated. If Lebron was coming here I'd say no to him given their history. Can't hire Fizz because Lebron likes him. Lebron coming here next year? If so, bring him.

Im thinking JVG and Jax get interviews and Mills/Perry also get to sweet talk the franchise which could help their tone in their broadcasts. They are just brutal on the knicks. Rightfully so.

GoNyGoNyGo
USA
4/16/2018  11:27 AM
LEaning to Fizz and Blatt now.

Blatt is a basketball lifer who has succeeded everytwhere. Even in Cleveland except for he was not liked by the crybaby LBJ. He would have won the title there had he stayed.

JVG is also good with me.

I am off on Jax and HELL NO to Woodson.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
4/16/2018  11:33 AM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:LEaning to Fizz and Blatt now.

Blatt is a basketball lifer who has succeeded everytwhere. Even in Cleveland except for he was not liked by the crybaby LBJ. He would have won the title there had he stayed.

The issue with Blatt is he is viewed as an outsider by NBA standards. He doesn't have the connection to the players and is viewed as a guy who really struggled with the personnel piece of coaching. When he would do his game-planning, he would heavily rely on his assistant coaches to help him understand opposing players, because he did not know who a lot of these guys were. In a league where connections and networking with player is so important, he is lacking that one big area.

GoNyGoNyGo
USA
4/16/2018  11:44 AM
Knixkik wrote:

The issue with Blatt is he is viewed as an outsider by NBA standards. He doesn't have the connection to the players and is viewed as a guy who really struggled with the personnel piece of coaching. When he would do his game-planning, he would heavily rely on his assistant coaches to help him understand opposing players, because he did not know who a lot of these guys were. In a league where connections and networking with player is so important, he is lacking that one big area.

+1 great points...that is probably a reason for his Cleveland situation. He is friends with Mills so, I think that gives him a leg up.

Forgot to mention that Stackhouse intrigues me as well. Could be the next Brad Stevens...without the college resume of course.

Nalod
USA
4/16/2018  12:02 PM
Knixkik wrote:

Anyone coming in we will have to be patient for many reasons. Stack has not coached in the NBA. He won't know the players.
Fizz will, but will have to contend with other issues. Im ok with all these guys BTW.
ALso, our roster is not great.

If we need an assistant that is up to date on current NBA players, then we'll hire one. Stack will need one.
Brad Stevens needed more than a year to get good.
Blatt in Cleveland was a bad fit. He was not hired to "Win now" but that's what it became. All these guys have some taint to them.
Blatt included.

The next Knicks Head Coach is...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy