4/15/2018  12:36 PM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

4/15/2018  12:42 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

This is a good thing....There was a report that Charlotte was very interested in Fizdale...Hopefully they hire Messina as it will take them out of the running for Fizdale...Seriously, we better not let Fizdale leave our interview without a contract in hand...He will get snatched up very quickly.

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
4/15/2018  1:11 PM
Uptown wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

This is a good thing....There was a report that Charlotte was very interested in Fizdale...Hopefully they hire Messina as it will take them out of the running for Fizdale...Seriously, we better not let Fizdale leave our interview without a contract in hand...He will get snatched up very quickly.

I had the wrong impression of Fizz. I though he would be more of a slow the pace down type of coach. But read he and Gasol clashed due to him wanting to up the tempo while Gasol wanted to obviously play at his own pace.

They made the playoffs last yr with a less talented roster than the other teams in the West. Conley had an MVP type season under him.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
TheGame
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1154
USA
4/15/2018  1:24 PM
Nalod wrote:
TheGame wrote:I think the coach will be Jackson, JVG, or Stackhouse. I don't see the other candidates over coming these three. Stackhouse is the long shot but if they are serious about patience then getting a young coach will help encourage the fans to be patient.

where does this JVG thing come from?

The report yesterday is that they contacted JVG. I figured they would. He is a good coach with strong defensive principles. I think it is between Jackson, JVG, Stackhouse, and Fizdale. My money is on Jackson or JVG.

Trust the Process
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

4/15/2018  1:33 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
Uptown wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I had the wrong impression of Fizz. I though he would be more of a slow the pace down type of coach. But read he and Gasol clashed due to him wanting to up the tempo while Gasol wanted to obviously play at his own pace.

They made the playoffs last yr with a less talented roster than the other teams in the West. Conley had an MVP type season under him.

Exactly...Fiz is a workaholic and a gym rat so to speak...What he did with that Memphis team in the west was amazing. See how fast they fell off the map once he was fired. I truly believe Fiz is next up in terms of great young coaches in the league. We cannot miss out on him.

Gudris
Member: #6213

4/15/2018  1:56 PM
Fiz is too soft for NYC
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/15/2018  1:56 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/15/2018  1:58 PM
GustavBahler wrote:If Mark Jackson or JVG end up being the main candidates, Id like to see if they both can be brought on. See if Jeff would be willing to be an asst again, seeing how long he has been out of coaching. Good way to working back to a head coaching gig again. Wouldnt be the first former head coach to go that route.

Theyve worked together before on and off the court. The fans would love it. Maybe bring in some coaches with a more offensive mindset as well.

To be honest, other coaches Id rather see get a shot first, but having both Mark and Jeff working as a team would be preferable to just one of them getting the job.

If the fans would love it, then I’m against it. Collectively Knick fans are dumb.
Sometimes its best to know what you don’t know.
I’m not too different.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

4/15/2018  2:25 PM
Nalod wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:If Mark Jackson or JVG end up being the main candidates, Id like to see if they both can be brought on. See if Jeff would be willing to be an asst again, seeing how long he has been out of coaching. Good way to working back to a head coaching gig again. Wouldnt be the first former head coach to go that route.

Theyve worked together before on and off the court. The fans would love it. Maybe bring in some coaches with a more offensive mindset as well.

To be honest, other coaches Id rather see get a shot first, but having both Mark and Jeff working as a team would be preferable to just one of them getting the job.

If the fans would love it, then I’m against it. Collectively Knick fans are dumb.
Sometimes its best to know what you don’t know.
I’m not too different.

I am definitely against anything to do with Mark Jackson. I am not sure JVG would want in again, but if he does I am good wit it. His defense oriented mindset is what we need.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
4/15/2018  2:27 PM
Per WOj, Mike Woodson to be interviewed. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2770648-knicks-news-mike-woodson-wants-to-finish-what-he-started-would-love-to-return

He was a winning coach in NY another time and another roster. Who is next? Hubie Brown? I mean I respect these guys for being thorough but between JVG, Fizdale and Jackson can’t you determine someone with the right mix. Meanwhile I suggested Vogel as well so i contradict myself.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/15/2018  2:31 PM
Paris907 wrote:Per WOj, Mike Woodson to be interviewed. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2770648-knicks-news-mike-woodson-wants-to-finish-what-he-started-would-love-to-return

He was a winning coach in NY another time and another roster. Who is next? Hubie Brown? I mean I respect these guys for being thorough but between JVG, Fizdale and Jackson can’t you determine someone with the right mix. Meanwhile I suggested Vogel as well so i contradict myself.

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
4/15/2018  3:05 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/15/2018  3:06 PM
Now Blatt. Okay so Woodson, and Jackson, Stackhouse, JVG, Fizdale, what about Hubie.(kidding) Repute is that he has more F bombs than Bobby Knight and thats not an easy feat. Oh Yeah Jay Wright.

Who are your top two? Quick before Mills and Dolan add three more to pump ticket sales.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/15/2018  3:13 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
4/15/2018  3:15 PM
Fizdale should be the top choice hands down. Jackson is a good coach but he is supposedly abrasive and may wear out quick. Jay Wright i dont know anything about. JVG, as someone said in the other thread may be too attached to iso slow down offenses although i cant get enough of how much he values defense. Blatt would be great for a team like Charlotte, low profile where he can rebuild his U.S. coaching rep. Stackhouse is a shot in the dark with 2 years of coaching in the G League.

Fizdale seems to click every box. Riley coaching tree (defense). Players respect him. Modern offensive principles. Young. He had 2 decent players on that Memphis team last year and got every ounce out of marginal talent. He seems like the perfect mix.

~You can't run from who you are.~
martin
USA
4/15/2018  3:17 PM
martin
USA
4/15/2018  3:18 PM
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

4/15/2018  3:20 PM
Woodson? WTF????
You go around talking about getting young two way players and then you interview a coach who would destroy young players and only play vets? This dumbass can't coach any system other than dumping the ball to some overrated so called "star".

Why not look at Isiah Thomas as well, while you are at it?

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
martin
USA
4/15/2018  3:24 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:Woodson? WTF????
You go around talking about getting young two way players and then you interview a coach who would destroy young players and only play vets? This dumbass can't coach any system other than dumping the ball to some overrated so called "star".

Couldn’t say it better:

newyorknewyork
4/15/2018  3:33 PM

I liked Woodson, but you are correct in the fact that he isn't much of a developmental coach but a coach you would plug in with a veteran roster.

He did show some versatility by adapting and adding on MDAs offensive style after assisting him. But I don't think he would make Frank a better player.

newyorknewyork
4/15/2018  3:34 PM
Did Jay Wright actually interview already or did he turn us down?
smackeddog
Member: #883
4/15/2018  3:51 PM
martin wrote:

Couldn’t say it better:

That was what I assumed when I read woj’s tweet about woody. He seemed a really nice guy, so I hope he gets a shot with another team

The next Knicks Head Coach is...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy