[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

David Fizdale
Author Thread
unstopaball12
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1137
Philippines
4/12/2018  11:00 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/12/2018  11:14 AM
He looks to be the dark-horse to be our coach, with popular names floating such as: JVG, Mark Jackson and David Blatt. But Fizdale is a guy I am interested and rooting for. This is a superstar league, with him getting high praises from Dwayne Wade, Lebron James and respected veterans like Mike Conley, Vince Carter and Tony Allen there must be something with him. He comes from the coaching tree and culture of Pat Riley. Since we are rebuilding and looking to bring in a culture to the team, he can be the right coach to improve that.

Article below shows how we was able to get the respect of the Memphis squad and transition to a new system post grit n grind.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/17659083/nba-new-coach-david-fizdale-bringing-miami-heat-culture-grit-n-grind-memphis-grizzlies

AUTOADVERT
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
4/12/2018  12:04 PM
I think David Blatt would be better. Fizdale lost the team in Memphis
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/12/2018  12:14 PM
Caseloads wrote:I think David Blatt would be better. Fizdale lost the team in Memphis

I don't think he lost the team. Just one player. I don't follow Memphis enough to say he if he is a good choice, but I think I would still take him over Mark Jackson and Doc Rivers by default.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
4/12/2018  12:25 PM
I don't see Doc leaving - I don't want JVG. And I don't want Mark Jackson.

Would love Blatt, would be happy with Fizdal. Monty Williams. Any Pop assistant - shout out to Becky Hammon!

Jason Kidd might not be bad - he seemed to get great results but seemingly burns out his welcome.

Gudris
Member: #6213

4/13/2018  5:45 AM
f*k him, he is too soft for nyc
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/13/2018  8:15 AM
Caseloads wrote:I think David Blatt would be better. Fizdale lost the team in Memphis

Can’t coach’s learn from mistakes? He had a conflict with Gasol which he handled badly.
I can say the same for Mark Jax, perhaps learn from his mistakes.
Homophobe cred is not an easy one to over come and his x’s and o’s We’re not strong either.
Our two future blue chips are euro so the charismatic evangelical rah rah Jax brings might be lost on them.
I have read “No Blatt because of the Lebron thing”. That’s not logical either unless Lebron comes to NY and Blatt tries to install the same thing.
This team has to grow WITH its coach. Blatt was teh right guy until Lebron showed up. Blatt was to coach first round pick Anthony Bennett, Kyrie and Wiggins. All top draft picks!!! When Lebron came on board they traded for Love and it was WIN NOW!!!
Blatt is a good coach, has room to grow even at age 56 if he wants.
If knicks want to go fresh with Stackhouse, I’m good there also.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

4/13/2018  10:09 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/13/2018  10:13 AM
Nalod wrote:

Can’t coach’s learn from mistakes? He had a conflict with Gasol which he handled badly.
Homophobe cred is not an easy one to over come and his x’s and o’s We’re not strong either.
Our two future blue chips are euro so the charismatic evangelical rah rah Jax brings might be lost on them.
I have read “No Blatt because of the Lebron thing”. That’s not logical either unless Lebron comes to NY and Blatt tries to install the same thing.
This team has to grow WITH its coach. Blatt was teh right guy until Lebron showed up. Blatt was to coach first round pick Anthony Bennett, Kyrie and Wiggins. All top draft picks!!! When Lebron came on board they traded for Love and it was WIN NOW!!!

Blatt was the right guy until Lebron showed

Unfortunately for Blatt, he never got the chance to confirm that. Hornacek's relationship with his players is what ultimately did him in IMO. Thats exactly what got Blatt sent packing. Not LeBron. Im surprised you are discounting this element of coaching. Cant put it all on Lebron. Believe there has been more than enough information out there that Blatt came in thinking he knew everything he had to, to be a successful NBA coach. Veteran players saw him as a rookie coach, which he was, Blatt didnt. The outcome was predictable.

I wouldnt discount the idea of Blatt going on a charm offensive to let the league know (players most of all) that he's had some time to absorb his first stint in the NBA. Knows where there is room for improvement. I sure wouldnt want him to coach the Knicks if he believes there is no room for improvement when it comes to players buying in. Its an ongoing process.

Nalod
USA
4/13/2018  10:55 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Blatt was the right guy until Lebron showed

Unfortunately for Blatt, he never got the chance to confirm that. Hornacek's relationship with his players is what ultimately did him in IMO. Thats exactly what got Blatt sent packing. Not LeBron. Im surprised you are discounting this element of coaching. Cant put it all on Lebron. Believe there has been more than enough information out there that Blatt came in thinking he knew everything he had to, to be a successful NBA coach. Veteran players saw him as a rookie coach, which he was, Blatt didnt. The outcome was predictable.

I wouldnt discount the idea of Blatt going on a charm offensive to let the league know (players most of all) that he's had some time to absorb his first stint in the NBA. Knows where there is room for improvement. I sure wouldnt want him to coach the Knicks if he believes there is no room for improvement when it comes to players buying in. Its an ongoing process.

Those are good points but when you have veteran players not listening to the coach its always a problem.
My take is Blatt runs his motion offense in Europe and it works. If he comes to knicks he wants to run his system.
If there is pushback and the coach has attitude vs. Alpha Lebron I can see the problem. once that tone is set the team follows its alpha.
We talking about the triangle where there is pushback at the first moment, and if Blatt will have resistance to his system then he is not the right guy.
We have to consider that Fizz had a problem with Gasol and we have to assume he won't make that mistake again.
Blatt's team composition changed and I doubt he learned from what ever he had a problem with.
Stack will have growing pains. Hopefully they are not fatal like Fish's was. Im not sure when you come in as a "Cult of personality" that changes so fast. Jason Kidd is who he is and it bleeds over to his coaching. IM sure there is some good there but he burnt out two front offices with it. Mark Jax brings a deep religious bias that is personal. It happens.
JVG I doubt will leave mid season. It happened once. To me it was an honest admission and he did not do it in Houstan. Its not like he ups and leaves his broadcasts or his contract there. I doubt Dolan brings him back nor does he want back in NY unless he has a high conviction in our youthful talent.

Nalod
USA
4/13/2018  2:55 PM
Charlotte is moving in on Fizz......
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
4/17/2018  1:10 PM
I actually prefer Fizdale to Blatt. I think Fiz is the closest to the ideal that the Knicks say they're looking for. He has the Player development background as well as some NBA Head Coaching experience. He has less baggage than many of the other guys. No NBA coach is going to have ZERO baggage. I wouldn't hold the Gasol thing against him.
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

4/17/2018  1:31 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/17/2018  1:32 PM
nixluva wrote:I actually prefer Fizdale to Blatt. I think Fiz is the closest to the ideal that the Knicks say they're looking for. He has the Player development background as well as some NBA Head Coaching experience. He has less baggage than many of the other guys. No NBA coach is going to have ZERO baggage. I wouldn't hold the Gasol thing against him.

Agreed...also, he's from the Riley coaching tree was apart of the staff that won 'chips in Miami!!

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
4/17/2018  2:34 PM
Uptown wrote:
nixluva wrote:I actually prefer Fizdale to Blatt. I think Fiz is the closest to the ideal that the Knicks say they're looking for. He has the Player development background as well as some NBA Head Coaching experience. He has less baggage than many of the other guys. No NBA coach is going to have ZERO baggage. I wouldn't hold the Gasol thing against him.

Agreed...also, he's from the Riley coaching tree was apart of the staff that won 'chips in Miami!!

Absolutely Fizz over Blatt. Fizz is a good coach but also has the relationships around the league. Blatt is an excellent coach obviously, but completely lacks respect from the players simply because he is an NBA outsider. Not his fault, but we want to give ourselves a chance to recruit free agents, and Blatt doesn't have the same connections around the league with the players. Blatt belongs in the NBA with a team that builds 100% through the draft (and focuses overseas) and doesn't have the ability to be an appealing free agent market even with the right coach and front office. Sacramento, Orlando, Phoenix etc. Those types of teams.

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
4/17/2018  3:16 PM
Knixkik wrote:
Uptown wrote:

Absolutely Fizz over Blatt. Fizz is a good coach but also has the relationships around the league. Blatt is an excellent coach obviously, but completely lacks respect from the players simply because he is an NBA outsider. Not his fault, but we want to give ourselves a chance to recruit free agents, and Blatt doesn't have the same connections around the league with the players. Blatt belongs in the NBA with a team that builds 100% through the draft (and focuses overseas) and doesn't have the ability to be an appealing free agent market even with the right coach and front office. Sacramento, Orlando, Phoenix etc. Those types of teams.

Are we not the team build on draft and overseas?
What else we are?

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
4/17/2018  3:34 PM
arkrud wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
Uptown wrote:

Are we not the team build on draft and overseas?
What else we are?

We are NY, so we are also a team built on relationships around the league that will hopefully lead to this becoming an attractive situation for free agents. Blatt has a reputation for having not cut his teeth in the NBA prior to becoming a head coach, and not being part of the NBA culture. Fair or unfair, he doesn't know players and lacks the respect that some of these NBA lifers have. Most of these guys have been around the block as players and/or assistant's and Blatt has been a complete outsider who has to earn his respect in the league first. Not sure if NY is the best situation for that.
Caseloads
Member: #41
4/17/2018  3:37 PM
I think Stack is the most intriguing.
smackeddog
Member: #883
4/17/2018  4:12 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/17/2018  4:20 PM
Caseloads wrote:I think Stack is the most intriguing.

I like the vids on Stack, comes across great. Fizzy gets cred for being from the Riley coaching tree. Blatt I don’t like at all, though politics comes into that for me.

https://www.thenation.com/article/two-roads-politics-david-blatt-and-passion-steve-kerrs-father/

Uptown

4/17/2018  4:30 PM
https://nypost.com/2018/04/17/thought-of-brilliant-fizdale-to-knicks-scares-heat-coach/

Heat coach Erik Spoelstra hopes his former top assistant David Fizdale goes to Phoenix rather than New York.

He may have said it facetiously, as a chuckling Spoelstra said he’d rather not compete against one of Fizdale’s teams four times a season. (The Heat face the Western Conference teams two times.)

Fizdale said over the weekend he will interview with the Knicks and Suns this week. Sources indicate that will occur Thursday or Friday in the Los Angeles area.

Knicks president Steve Mills and GM Scott Perry already will be in Los Angeles on Wednesday interviewing Mark Jackson and Clippers assistant Mike Woodson. Woodson campaigned for the job Sunday to The Post, stating he’d like to “finish what I started.”

Woodson also mused he gave Fizdale his first job as an assistant coach in Atlanta in 2004-05. That could lead to the possibility of a Fizdale-Woodson tag team. (Fizdale’s actual first NBA position was the season before, in 2003-04, as a Golden State assistant.)

After four years with Woodson, Fizdale moved on to the Miami Dream Team, where he worked under Spoelstra and won two titles with LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh.

“Fiz is a great fit anywhere,’’ Spoelstra told reporters in Philadelphia on Monday, according to ESPN.com. “He’s a brilliant basketball mind that has exceptional, gold-standard level communication skills. He’s one of my best friends.

SEE ALSO
Knicks candidate must explain the Gasol revolt that got him fired
Knicks candidate must explain the Gasol revolt that got him fired
“But I say that objectively. I just think he’s one of the most talented coaches I’ve been around. I feel very grateful that we had an opportunity to work together for so long. I just, I hope he goes West. That’s the kind of respect I have for him. I don’t want him going anywhere in the East.”

Fizdale is considered a top candidate despite getting fired in late November by Memphis in his second season after a feud with Marc Gasol. The Post reported the rift had become so large that the Grizzlies ownership either had to trade Gasol or fire Fizdale.

The Knicks are not convinced Fizdale’s feud with his star European player is a red flag. It is a sensitive matter because their Latvian All-Star big man Kristaps Porzingis and fired head coach Jeff Hornacek didn’t get along well, especially in 2016-17, despite Porzingis saying they had “a good relationship.’’

Uptown

4/17/2018  4:31 PM
We cant let this guy get away...He's #1 on my list.
unstopaball12
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1137
Philippines
4/18/2018  1:52 AM
Fizdale as head coach and Stackhouse as associate head coach is perfect. Although I believe stack is primed for a head coaching job, but hope we can snag him as lead assistant.

Lastly, get a veteran head coach as a normal assistant to help the 2.

Nalod
USA
4/18/2018  10:27 AM
unstopaball12 wrote:Fizdale as head coach and Stackhouse as associate head coach is perfect. Although I believe stack is primed for a head coaching job, but hope we can snag him as lead assistant.

Lastly, get a veteran head coach as a normal assistant to help the 2.

Has to be some guy named "Musselman" or "Malone" either a son or brother or cousin of these coaching families to help!!! LOL

David Fizdale

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy