David Blatt's team in Eurocup finals
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/12/2018  10:46 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/12/2018  10:50 AM
http://www.eurobasket.com/EuroCup/basketball.asp

Him and Messina have serious eurocup cred. Messina 4 years assistant under pop. I wonder if he is next in line to coach there or will he be next to move on. Italian cool and the spurs cred makes him attractive. Blatt's team is up 1-0 in eurocup finals.
Both the same age. Messina has 4 eurocup chips, Blatt one.
Can't say I prefer one over the other. Messina has more cups, likely a better dresser and a lot of assistant coach experience.
Blatt has his Cav's experience to draw off of. He was hired to rebuild with Kyrie and ended up with Lebron. there was little room for error. They lost, he was made gone.
Both impressive resumes in different ways.
I'd have to guess Blatt gets the nod because the relationship with Mills and Craig Robinson whom all played at Princeton together. Blatt was team capt.
Those with distaste for anything Mills might not prefer this pick. It might serve well to understand Mills first stint as an executive was a MSG exec overseeing MSG entertainment properties, knicks of course included. If I sound like a MIlls apologist rest assured I have no skin in that game. He worked for the NBA for many years and by many accounts if not for his first stint one might actually like this dude. Without looking it up, does anyone know who occupies that position now? Does anyone blame that person for the success or failure of the team?
That aside, he is the man now, and the man in charge of over seeing the Knicks. Perry reports to him. They together will choose. Who decides? Not sure it matters. Its Mills who is team president.
If the long term relationships of the Princeton trio adds up to a good relationship that equates success, then Im ok with that.

AUTOADVERT
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
4/12/2018  12:11 PM
blatt could be a great pick
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
4/12/2018  12:18 PM
with MDA having so much success, there has to be a focus on how the game has changed, and how some coaches are going to be in demand.

I always liked MDA - glad to see him having success.

Blatt would be a solid pick- and if they pick him- or just about anyone- hope they give him a 5 year deal - so people realize this isn't an instant gratification turn around, and we're still far from the play offs.

unstopaball12
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1137
Philippines
4/12/2018  5:47 PM
Blatt is my second choice after fizdale, given the number of europeans we have in the team. He can relate well with them.
David Blatt's team in Eurocup finals

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy