This is just a stupid losing organization
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/12/2018  12:52 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Andrew wrote:good thing there are at least 10 guys that would have gone #1 in other years drafts....

http://www.ultimateknicks.com/forum/topic.asp?t=57874&page=1

Yeah and I still believe that--or close to it. The problem is we couldve set a plan as a franchise to "atleast" lose those last two games --that cost us as many as 3 spots. There was only negative value winning. We can never help ourselves.

I don't get it. You said the top 10 are all worthy of a #1 spot in any other year. So that means picking 8 or 9 should be more than fine..right?

As a franchise --we ouwldve had more options at 6-7 and better odds at a top 3 and thats all u can ask. This team as a whole sucks--no plan

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
4/12/2018  1:01 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Andrew wrote:good thing there are at least 10 guys that would have gone #1 in other years drafts....

Yeah and I still believe that--or close to it. The problem is we couldve set a plan as a franchise to "atleast" lose those last two games --that cost us as many as 3 spots. There was only negative value winning. We can never help ourselves.

I don't get it. You said the top 10 are all worthy of a #1 spot in any other year. So that means picking 8 or 9 should be more than fine..right?

As a franchise --we ouwldve had more options at 6-7 and better odds at a top 3 and thats all u can ask. This team as a whole sucks--no plan

NYKBocker wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:While winning the last game sucked.

We won with Frank getting 37mins
Burke 42 mins
Doston 33mins
Hicks 30mins
Kornet 28mins
Jacks 19mins

When you attempt to lose all you can do is play the end of your bench 30 mins which was done. Hicks and Kornet dropping 15 & 23 pts. I mean....

yup. Exactly what was hornacek suppose to do? Tell them to stop scoring? These guys are trying to prove they belong.

as nyny stated above...we played the end of the bench. Hicks and Kornet produced. What else were we suppose to do?

wargames
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6053

4/12/2018  1:12 PM

But not a single 1-3 pick in that entire time....... Cause Stupid doesn't stop.......

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
doomed
Member: #1078
USA
4/12/2018  1:56 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/12/2018  1:57 PM
The only ones stupid are the ones conderming a team for simply trying. How can anyone kill a player or team for playing hard? The Knicks got obliterated over the last two months but won 3-4 games in April. Naturally a few miserable knee jerk fans proceed to shout from rooftops that lottery seeding from one win will doom us to suffer forever. Never mind the Knicks 4-20 record here...nope they are just dumb because they play hard. Great insight. Get a frickin grip and a clue.

Knicks problem hasn’t been a few wins in April. It was a lack of picks.

smackeddog
Member: #883
4/12/2018  2:19 PM
doomed wrote:The only ones stupid are the ones conderming a team for simply trying. How can anyone kill a player or team for playing hard? The Knicks got obliterated over the last two months but won 3-4 games in April. Naturally a few miserable knee jerk fans proceed to shout from rooftops that lottery seeding from one win will doom us to suffer forever. Never mind the Knicks 4-20 record here...nope they are just dumb because they play hard. Great insight. Get a frickin grip and a clue.

Someone wasn't a fan during the steph Curry draft--go look it up and see the difference a couple of wins at the end of the season can make

Gudris
Member: #6213

4/12/2018  2:39 PM
smackeddog wrote:
doomed wrote:The only ones stupid are the ones conderming a team for simply trying. How can anyone kill a player or team for playing hard? The Knicks got obliterated over the last two months but won 3-4 games in April. Naturally a few miserable knee jerk fans proceed to shout from rooftops that lottery seeding from one win will doom us to suffer forever. Never mind the Knicks 4-20 record here...nope they are just dumb because they play hard. Great insight. Get a frickin grip and a clue.

Someone wasn't a fan during the steph Curry draft--go look it up and see the difference a couple of wins at the end of the season can make

there where 6 other teams before Knicks that pass on curry :)
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

4/12/2018  3:38 PM
Gudris wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Yeah...But MDA was known to have liked Curry...he was going to be his SSOL PG. That was a killer draft for us, and changed the course of the league in some ways.
EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/12/2018  4:17 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
Gudris wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Yeah...But MDA was known to have liked Curry...he was going to be his SSOL PG. That was a killer draft for us, and changed the course of the league in some ways.

So did Timberwolves passing in him not once, but twice. So many variables its mind boggling.
Imagine Jonny flynn on GSW? LOL Or Rubio?

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

4/12/2018  8:40 PM
smackeddog wrote:Absolute F-ing morons, but completely expected

We could have significantly improved our chances of hitting a lottery ball for the top three. But our coach was too smart for that, saw right through it.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

4/12/2018  8:41 PM
It's stupid and losing for sure, organization is a bit much. More like disorganization.
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/12/2018  9:13 PM

Read this one more time--the KNICKS are the worst team in the NBA over TWENTY years---I guess killing a team who has outspent every team in the NBA yet coming out with the worst record is reasonable.

NYK has the worst winning percentage (41.4%) in the NBA since 2000-2001 among franchises that have played in each of those seasons, per ESPN Stats & Info

RIP Crushalot😞
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

4/12/2018  9:27 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
blkexec wrote:Carter, Porter, Bridges, Knox

2 of those 3 will be available at 9. We need so much it really doesn't matter.

It is still frustrating, though. Maybe we get lucky with the draw this year, but with our luck, who knows.

I doubt next year we will fall finish 5th and 3 teams will jump us

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Jmpasq

4/13/2018  6:37 AM
smackeddog wrote:

Look at the difference in percentages at the top picks. I don't gt why its done like this percentages of ping pong balls should be defined by wins not by standings. Figure out a mathematical formula that factors in wins of the lottery bound teams. Should a 27 win team get that much better odds than a 29 win team. The process doesn't make sense at all

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Jmpasq

4/13/2018  6:38 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:
Gudris wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

I bet we would of traded him for Carmelo
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/13/2018  8:07 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
Gudris wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

I bet we would of traded him for Carmelo

Go look at that moment in time and you will see Curry had yet to be fully healthy and forged.
I think your very much correct.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/13/2018  9:12 AM
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Vmart wrote:You know the Knicks are going to get jumped on lottery day. That is almost a given. Probably going to be picking 10 or 11. With that said if there is a player that the Knicks are targeting be prepared to be in the outside looking in. The Knicks probably take a player that has no business being a Knick. Like Jordan Hill.
your morning cheerios contained:
a) piss
b) vinegar
c) all of the above

Its 2018 and you are talking about Jordan Hill. So glad you shared this with us today.

And your is Lucky Charms right. Few more of these and your piss and vinegar comes in with verbal abuse. Fish you shouldn’t talk about piss and vinegar.

verbal abuse? You are holding onto Jordan Hill.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
4/13/2018  9:13 AM
Marv wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

not always a valid notion. a few years ago we similarly "screwed" ourselves with a couple of late wins and dropped 2 spots to 4th where we landed kp. what do you think the odds are we would have taken russsell or okafer instead with the 2 or 3? maybe close to 100%? we did help ourselves there.

dont let logic is realism get in the way of Brigg's feelings.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
4/13/2018  9:20 AM
I don't know - but can Perry & Mills come out and say - 'we're being honest, and we think we're five years away from being the championship contending team we want to be'?

Would KP flip out, or would he think - yes, they understand how undermanned we are.

Would fans be ok with that?

Would other GMS try to take advantage of us?

Would most FA and their agents 1. hate us for removing leverage and 2. avoid us like the plague?

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
4/13/2018  9:24 AM
BRIGGS wrote:

Read this one more time--the KNICKS are the worst team in the NBA over TWENTY years---I guess killing a team who has outspent every team in the NBA yet coming out with the worst record is reasonable.

NYK has the worst winning percentage (41.4%) in the NBA since 2000-2001 among franchises that have played in each of those seasons, per ESPN Stats & Info

I can't believe our winning percentage is actually that high! We've sucked so bad, and have NOTHING to show for it.

I hope the McKinsey consultants report had a title like - you are the laughingstock of the NBA.

I hope Dolan lets Mills and Perry go full process here.

Trade KP if you don't think he is going to be healthy and not be worthy of a max type deal, retool with picks.

Vmart
Member: #247
USA
4/13/2018  9:41 AM
fishmike wrote:
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Vmart wrote:You know the Knicks are going to get jumped on lottery day. That is almost a given. Probably going to be picking 10 or 11. With that said if there is a player that the Knicks are targeting be prepared to be in the outside looking in. The Knicks probably take a player that has no business being a Knick. Like Jordan Hill.
your morning cheerios contained:
a) piss
b) vinegar
c) all of the above

Its 2018 and you are talking about Jordan Hill. So glad you shared this with us today.

And your is Lucky Charms right. Few more of these and your piss and vinegar comes in with verbal abuse. Fish you shouldn’t talk about piss and vinegar.

verbal abuse? You are holding onto Jordan Hill.

Fish, I have mad respect for you But I just don’t share the vision you have of the team. I felt that JH hurt this team big time by not giving young player the run they deserved in a rebuild year. JH did play young players last year towards the end, he did it again this year. What JH failed to do was create enough information on the players going forward.

I believe it was vital and it’s still possible that the Knicks get into top 3 position. The reason is simple choices on what they want. Tanking is a plan it really works. You saw it with your own eyes. The Knicks had the second worst record and ended up picking 4 for KP and that is where the little luck came in.

Yes I’m not optimistic I know because it’s the Knicks. How can you be until they show you.

This is just a stupid losing organization

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy