Offseason Plan
Author Thread
jskinny35
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #928
USA
4/11/2018  12:51 PM
Guards - Burke, Frank, Dotson, Hardaway Jr, Mudiay, C.Lee, Baker

Forwards - KP, T.Williams, L.Thomas, (Beasley and O'Quinn if reasonable deals), (Hicks)

Centers - Kanter (if opts in), Noah, (Kornet)

We have about 20 mill allocated to L.Thomas and C.Lee for veteran leadership. If we're tanking next year, may as well try to move them to veteran teams for trade exceptions, 2nd rounders, expiring contracts, etc if possible.

Instead of going for J.Parker - why not just resign Beasley who will cost less? Both give offensive punch and not great defense...

I'd give Mudiay the offseason to see if he improves his conditioning and/or jumpshot - probably his last chance to salvage a career...

I'd lean toward Mikal Bridges, but would have to consider C.Sexton if available as well. Happy if Porter or W.Carter were available

No pursuing of trades unless steal available - we have youth and need to continue developing them.

Hope Hornacek is retained for at least next year - thought he did pretty good job. Those complaining about him not playing Burke - look at end result (he improved and regained his career)? Hardaway and Lee appear to support what he's trying to do. Sure Burke is happy now as a starter...

Kanter - think we should set a budget and retain him (at max) up to 13-14m per year. Good chemistry, fighter and we have no inside presence w/o him

We have some youth - T.Williams showed something in his limited time, Burke progressed and Dotson shows promise... Now we just need some starters :)

Our forward core of KP, Beasley, T.Williams, Mikal Bridges? and L.Thomas is solid

Our guard core of Burke, Frank, Hardaway Jr, C.Lee, Dotson is decent and will likely improve

Same team in another year will likely improve just from continuity and player development - if KP returns injury-free and we draft well - should be competitive by 2019!

AUTOADVERT
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
4/11/2018  1:06 PM
jskinny35 wrote:Guards - Burke, Frank, Dotson, Hardaway Jr, Mudiay, C.Lee, Baker

Forwards - KP, T.Williams, L.Thomas, (Beasley and O'Quinn if reasonable deals), (Hicks)

We have about 20 mill allocated to L.Thomas and C.Lee for veteran leadership. If we're tanking next year, may as well try to move them to veteran teams for trade exceptions, 2nd rounders, expiring contracts, etc if possible.

Instead of going for J.Parker - why not just resign Beasley who will cost less? Both give offensive punch and not great defense...

I'd give Mudiay the offseason to see if he improves his conditioning and/or jumpshot - probably his last chance to salvage a career...

I'd lean toward Mikal Bridges, but would have to consider C.Sexton if available as well. Happy if Porter or W.Carter were available

No pursuing of trades unless steal available - we have youth and need to continue developing them.

Hope Hornacek is retained for at least next year - thought he did pretty good job. Those complaining about him not playing Burke - look at end result (he improved and regained his career)? Hardaway and Lee appear to support what he's trying to do. Sure Burke is happy now as a starter...

Kanter - think we should set a budget and retain him (at max) up to 13-14m per year. Good chemistry, fighter and we have no inside presence w/o him

We have some youth - T.Williams showed something in his limited time, Burke progressed and Dotson shows promise... Now we just need some starters :)

Our forward core of KP, Beasley, T.Williams, Mikal Bridges? and L.Thomas is solid

Our guard core of Burke, Frank, Hardaway Jr, C.Lee, Dotson is decent and will likely improve

Same team in another year will likely improve just from continuity and player development - if KP returns injury-free and we draft well - should be competitive by 2019!

That is actually pretty depressing. Imagine if there was an expansion team and they could take as many players from as as they wanted - who would they actually take?

KP, Burke, Hardaway and whoever we draft. That is 4 keepers- and two of them, people argue should be off the bench like Burke and THjr- and one we don't even know who it is!

Beasley was a cast off and I don't see coming back and if he does, what does he really give us? Points & losses?

Heck, even KP is a question mark.

It will be at least 2 years more before we even know if we have the start of a foundation!

jskinny35
Member: #928
USA
4/11/2018  1:26 PM
Thanks for sharing your views!

I guess it's the glass half empty/full debate - we have been lousy for so long that it does color how I view things going forward.

I take the positives as we found out Burke, Dotson and T. Williams have some potential and can play. We got all three for nothing so that's good!

Frank has shown flashes but clearly needs more time to develop - call that one even because he hasn't been a bust but he is a ways away from being a consistent contributor. Beasley showed his offensive game and good be a great 6th man or at least offensive weapon off the bench...

Mudiay hasn't shown anything, KP is possibly brittle, Kanter is slow, we have 20m allocated to teach the youths - negatives

There are clearly a lot of "ifs" with this team - if KP is healthy being the biggest. Best case he returns healthy and we resume the early season play - but now we have added Burke as a quality contributor, along with a draft pick (eg Mikal Bridges) and a healthy Hardaway Jr (was hurt early). We have some young bench players that may continue to develop (Dotson, Troy), will gain another draft pick, and best of all we're not starphucking for 33 y/o former stars. Guess it could be better but that sounds worthwhile and a reasonable next season to me. Not ideal but you gotta take your lumps when you did yourself a 15-17 year hole that the Knicks have dug (and re-dug) themselves in...

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
4/11/2018  1:44 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/11/2018  1:44 PM
franco12 wrote:
jskinny35 wrote:Guards - Burke, Frank, Dotson, Hardaway Jr, Mudiay, C.Lee, Baker

That is actually pretty depressing. Imagine if there was an expansion team and they could take as many players from as as they wanted - who would they actually take?

KP, Burke, Hardaway and whoever we draft. That is 4 keepers- and two of them, people argue should be off the bench like Burke and THjr- and one we don't even know who it is!

Beasley was a cast off and I don't see coming back and if he does, what does he really give us? Points & losses?

Heck, even KP is a question mark.

It will be at least 2 years more before we even know if we have the start of a foundation!

You forgot Ntilikina, who all teams would gladly take for potential alone. KP, Frank, Burke, Hardaway, and 2018 pick is a good starting point. We can see based on how bad this team has been since KP went done, how great he really is already at 22 years old. True impact player on both ends of the floor already.

Offseason Plan

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy