[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Perennially underpaid vets we should be targeting - possibly as Beasley replacement
Author Thread
ccinflushing
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6061

4/11/2018  5:41 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/11/2018  5:42 AM
I have always liked Omri Casspi and Mike Scott as players - they've been productive wherever they've played, good floor spacers and solid defenders. Not iso players, I think they'ĺl contribute to a freer flowing offense.

The most money either of them has made is $3.3Mn per year - they're bargains.

AUTOADVERT
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

4/11/2018  7:35 AM
ccinflushing wrote:I have always liked Omri Casspi and Mike Scott as players - they've been productive wherever they've played, good floor spacers and solid defenders. Not iso players, I think they'ĺl contribute to a freer flowing offense.

They might make us win more games, winning shouldn't be the goal next season. We need to tank hard. Sit KP finish top 5 in tanking and we should have a nice core in 2020

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

4/11/2018  10:23 AM
We have Williams and Dotson on the roster. Id give them a shot first.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/11/2018  11:23 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
ccinflushing wrote:I have always liked Omri Casspi and Mike Scott as players - they've been productive wherever they've played, good floor spacers and solid defenders. Not iso players, I think they'ĺl contribute to a freer flowing offense.

They might make us win more games, winning shouldn't be the goal next season. We need to tank hard. Sit KP finish top 5 in tanking and we should have a nice core in 2020

I'd bone up on the draft changes for next year.
I cannot ever say before knowing draft picks and even potential trade scenarios what our team will look like for next year.
Extrapolate the present is not always accurate.
I think we did just fine this year. As mentioned usually 28 wins gets you a 5 pick and once KP fell we went youthier.
can't control what other teams do.
If we do win then let the cards fall as they may but no way do we degrade our roster. I agree we continue to stay with a developmental play of increasing talent.
If KP comes back in January and the team can make the playoffs you don't change that. If we are competitive around the trade deadline I don't back ever giving up future assets for just playoff inclusion.

Gudris
Member: #6213

4/11/2018  4:54 PM
Jmpasq wrote:

What tanking ? There is no more tanking benefits next year

reub
Member: #6227

4/11/2018  5:32 PM

I'd look at Hezonja, Jerami Grant and Noels. All still young.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/11/2018  5:39 PM
GustavBahler wrote:We have Williams and Dotson on the roster. Id give them a shot first.
I agree with this. I do like the idea of adding Jerami Grant. Not sure the Knicks could afford what Grant will be offered. He might be out of OKC because of their cap issues.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/11/2018  5:41 PM
Gudris wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

What tanking ? There is no more tanking benefits next year

There are still advantages to tanking. They're not as pronounced. Now the goal is to be in the top 4.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
4/11/2018  6:35 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:We have Williams and Dotson on the roster. Id give them a shot first.
I agree with this. I do like the idea of adding Jerami Grant. Not sure the Knicks could afford what Grant will be offered. He might be out of OKC because of their cap issues.

we have to focus on leaders and stars before we get role players. Grant on a sub par roster has as much impact as Lee KOQ, beasly, ect.

ES
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/11/2018  7:09 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

we have to focus on leaders and stars before we get role players. Grant on a sub par roster has as much impact as Lee KOQ, beasly, ect.

The Knicks are not getting a star in free agency this year. Lee and Lance are supposed to be the leaders for this group. Nothing is happening next year. Williams and Dotson deserve a chance. No reason to make chase the playoffs moves if you aren't close to that.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

4/11/2018  8:06 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Disagree, hard to attract stars without a foundation in place. That means quality role players. Stars dont want to go to a team with a star, and not much else.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
4/11/2018  9:58 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Disagree, hard to attract stars without a foundation in place. That means quality role players. Stars dont want to go to a team with a star, and not much else.

Well if KP can't attract another all star then trade him, because i seriously doubt he will resign no matter what. Him and his brother will request a trade anyway.

You can't keep a player who wants out, and He's getting to the point winning is a priority, the dude hasn't sniff the playoffs

ES
ccinflushing
Member: #6061

4/12/2018  6:34 AM
You still need to manage your cap space well. Productive players on reasonable contracts are or can be useful trade assets. They can also provide cheap locker room leadership.
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
4/12/2018  9:50 AM

+1

Two young hungry, athletic and talented players. They should be part of the rotation next season. Time to move on from Lee and LT.

Perennially underpaid vets we should be targeting - possibly as Beasley replacement

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy