[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

What do you guys think of Mikal Bridges?
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/11/2018  12:10 PM
Sangfroid wrote:Taking into consideration all of the points made, I am hoping that Kevin Knox from Kentucky is still available, and that he is the choice at pick 9. He's bigger, stronger and younger that Bridges, and brings the same pedigree as Bridges. Comes from another great program,and is ready to explode. Knox has the ability to play SF now, and can move to the PF position when KP is ready to play center. The Knicks must look past the hype and pick the more versatile player, Knox.
but he's not the shooter that Bridges is and Mikal has elite quickness. Bridges shot + 40% from 3.. I mean his downside could be a Bruce Bowen type.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
WaltLongmire
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5843

4/11/2018  12:57 PM
fishmike wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Knixkik wrote:He's been discussed a lot. Most people on the board love him. Those who don't, the only reason is because he is not viewed as a future star, more of an elite role player. But can't really go wrong with him if he is the pick. He brings 3pt shooting, defense, athleticism, and winning to a team that needs all of that.

this... I dont think he's there at 8-9 when we pick

Glass half full approach to this:
Would mean that someone else we might like gets pushed down to us then...No?

Maybe... but my fear is its one of the shrimpy PGs I want no part of. We have been bad at defense and a perennial lottery team since Ewing left. When I look at the kinds of teams being built we will have to compete with Trea Young isnt closing the gap, but a squad of long elite defenders will. I see Bridges next to Frank as a pair of guys who can ruin an opposing offense. Couple that with KP's rim protection (and eventually more talent) and you are on your way to build a Piston's type team that defensively could dismantle any team.

Frank with Bridges would be an interesting defensive perimeter...no doubt about it.

I lean toward Mikal at this point, though I have not made the study of players that I did last year...Young is pretty exciting, though, and the fact that Perry looked at a small gaud like Burke is interesting.

Young is listed as 6'2"...I wonder about that, and his wingspan is only 6'2" which is pretty terrible.

Did the fall of Isiah Thomas show us the pitfalls of the small, defensively challenged guard? He had a great group of defenders around him with the Celtics...and he managed to survive and thrive. Was he exposed as a Cav, or was it more of an injury issue which hurt him on Cleveland?

Young is a gifted passer, though, better than Thomas, but he will be a defensive liability. The defensive numbers we are seeing with Burke, who has been a pretty good offensive player, might make Perry and Mills think twice about taking Young, I would think.

This seems to be a so-so draft from what I can see...unless we pull a 1985 draft miracle.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/11/2018  5:22 PM
Sangfroid wrote:Taking into consideration all of the points made, I am hoping that Kevin Knox from Kentucky is still available, and that he is the choice at pick 9. He's bigger, stronger and younger that Bridges, and brings the same pedigree as Bridges. Comes from another great program,and is ready to explode. Knox has the ability to play SF now, and can move to the PF position when KP is ready to play center. The Knicks must look past the hype and pick the more versatile player, Knox.
If the Knicks got pick 7 or 8 could they trade that for the clippers two picks and take Knox and Khyri Thomas. They might have to include their second round pick but I think that would go a long way towards a solid rebuild.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/11/2018  5:46 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
If the Knicks got pick 7 or 8 could they trade that for the clippers two picks and take Knox and Khyri Thomas. They might have to include their second round pick but I think that would go a long way towards a solid rebuild.

Not sold on Knox and I'm not sure his defense will be as good as Mikal's, or even Miles. To be faithful, Knox is hard to judge because he was a freshman on a team without a seasoned playmaker
But it's still early. I could see someone like Bamba's stock dropping and guys like Young, Sexton and Bridges rising based on team needs. Heck, what if Carter returns to Duke? I think trading down is on the table, but it's tough to forecast if that's the right move now.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
4/12/2018  10:06 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Not sold on Knox and I'm not sure his defense will be as good as Mikal's, or even Miles. To be faithful, Knox is hard to judge because he was a freshman on a team without a seasoned playmaker
But it's still early. I could see someone like Bamba's stock dropping and guys like Young, Sexton and Bridges rising based on team needs. Heck, what if Carter returns to Duke? I think trading down is on the table, but it's tough to forecast if that's the right move now.

Not a fan of Knox...all I see is Melo when I watch the kid. And by that I mean in Attitude...not young Melo scoring production. Nope...Pass on him.
What do you guys think of Mikal Bridges?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy