[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

What do you guys think of Mikal Bridges?
Author Thread
knickstorrents
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3050
Hong Kong
4/10/2018  4:07 AM
I've run the draft simulation a few times, we always end up picking 8th. And at 8th we are projected to get Mikal Bridges. Anyone have thoughts on this guy?

http://www.tankathon.com/mock_draft

Rose is not the answer.
AUTOADVERT
smackeddog
Member: #883
4/10/2018  4:44 AM
knickstorrents wrote:I've run the draft simulation a few times, we always end up picking 8th. And at 8th we are projected to get Mikal Bridges. Anyone have thoughts on this guy?

http://www.tankathon.com/mock_draft

See the tank/draft thread, he's been discussed quite a lot on there over the past few weeks

http://www.ultimateknicks.com/forum/topic.asp?t=57755&page=26

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
4/10/2018  8:49 AM
He's been discussed a lot. Most people on the board love him. Those who don't, the only reason is because he is not viewed as a future star, more of an elite role player. But can't really go wrong with him if he is the pick. He brings 3pt shooting, defense, athleticism, and winning to a team that needs all of that.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/10/2018  8:54 AM
Knixkik wrote:He's been discussed a lot. Most people on the board love him. Those who don't, the only reason is because he is not viewed as a future star, more of an elite role player. But can't really go wrong with him if he is the pick. He brings 3pt shooting, defense, athleticism, and winning to a team that needs all of that.

this... I dont think he's there at 8-9 when we pick
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/10/2018  9:59 AM
Most of us like him. I see him in time evolving into a 4 as he gets stronger. He has a nice smooth stroke and good rim play.
Im in the school of taking the best player available but if scouts like upside of a player then its hard to ignore that, unless your inclined to lament months later with hindsight. For example you wanted Monk or Mitchell, but harp on Mitchell because he did better. You have one choice.
Me, I like Frank's upside. I see the defense today and his offense in the french video's. He needs to assimilate and get stronger. Its going to happen.
Bridges is more polished and at his age one can see it. Floor is Robert Horry (not sure in 10 years his 3pt clutch is the same) and ceiling is Paul George? At one time I thought he could be a Young Karl Malone as their Jumpers are smooth and defense tough but when I look at Karls pictures in college the kid was a beast even as a 21 year old. Mikal is not that!
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

4/10/2018  12:41 PM
I like him as a shooter, and he is willing to play D, but he turns 22 in August (he is almost exactly 2 years older than Frank), and I was surprised at his lack of muscle as an "older" college player, though you can see that he has that "stringy" strenth of a guy like Kawhi.

I see him at SF...maybe even SG, but I think that he puts on some muscle leading up to the draft, and that he will eventually be a SF.

I think he would be a good pickup. I have not seen enough ball handling from him to fully understand his potential, but I know that he's improved his shooting each year in college and comes from a great program which might have actually limited some of the things he can do on the court.

Would be very happy with him.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
MS
Member: #724
4/10/2018  1:09 PM
He's going to be a nice rotation player at a position of need. He doesn't have a dribble drive game, but is an above average defender and extremely long. His shot is improving and he has the ability to be a knock down shooter. At the position we are drafting it's a safe pick.

Don't need to take a chance on an undersized guard. I think with him and Frank defending it will be potent defensive attack once we get KP back in the fold.

Villanova is all about the team, so he played within a team concept much like what the spurs do. We won't be disappointed with that selection as he can come in right away and play. The sixers definitely would take him if we don't and god knows we can't have them getting a position player of need.

awe1028
Member: #2780

4/10/2018  1:27 PM
What do I think of Mikal Bridges? If Bridges is there when the Knicks pick and they pass on him Perry, Mills should both be fired. Obviously this is if the draft goes as expected and players like Ayton Doncic, Bagley etc do not fall.
nadavshomron
Member: #623
Israel
4/10/2018  1:44 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/10/2018  1:44 PM
one important point ... he is 21 years old
LJ FOR 4!!!!
WaltLongmire

4/10/2018  1:51 PM
fishmike wrote:
Knixkik wrote:He's been discussed a lot. Most people on the board love him. Those who don't, the only reason is because he is not viewed as a future star, more of an elite role player. But can't really go wrong with him if he is the pick. He brings 3pt shooting, defense, athleticism, and winning to a team that needs all of that.

Glass half full approach to this:
Would mean that someone else we might like gets pushed down to us then...No?

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
WaltLongmire

4/10/2018  1:54 PM
nadavshomron wrote:one important point ... he is 21 years old

College success in a great program...you can always think of it as a few years of G-League seasoning...

I think the big thing with his age is how much maturation he has left. He should be able to put on another 10lbs of muscle, though.

BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
4/10/2018  3:31 PM
Nalod wrote:Most of us like him. I see him in time evolving into a 4 as he gets stronger. He has a nice smooth stroke and good rim play.
Im in the school of taking the best player available but if scouts like upside of a player then its hard to ignore that, unless your inclined to lament months later with hindsight. For example you wanted Monk or Mitchell, but harp on Mitchell because he did better. You have one choice.
Me, I like Frank's upside. I see the defense today and his offense in the french video's. He needs to assimilate and get stronger. Its going to happen.
Bridges is more polished and at his age one can see it. Floor is Robert Horry (not sure in 10 years his 3pt clutch is the same) and ceiling is Paul George? At one time I thought he could be a Young Karl Malone as their Jumpers are smooth and defense tough but when I look at Karls pictures in college the kid was a beast even as a 21 year old. Mikal is not that!

Developing into a 4? Really? I think he will have problems at the 3. He is 6'7", rail thin. No way does he develop into a 4. Blake Griffen will snap him in two, how could he defend a player like KP?

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
WaltLongmire

4/10/2018  3:35 PM
BigRedDog wrote:
Nalod wrote:Most of us like him. I see him in time evolving into a 4 as he gets stronger. He has a nice smooth stroke and good rim play.

Developing into a 4? Really? I think he will have problems at the 3. He is 6'7", rail thin. No way does he develop into a 4. Blake Griffen will snap him in two, how could he defend a player like KP?

More likely to be a 2 than a 4. He will be 22, soon- no way he adds the length and bulk to be a 4.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/10/2018  4:51 PM
Yeah, in a few years. maybe in 5 years.
You can't see it, no. He is 21.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/10/2018  5:15 PM
Nalod wrote:Yeah, in a few years. maybe in 5 years.
You can't see it, no. He is 21.
one of the knocks on him is his slight build. Also, he is already 21? He will fill out some but I don't think he bulks up to be a 4. He has been compared (unfairly in my opinion) to Kerry Kittles because of his build.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

4/10/2018  6:42 PM
Otto Porter type player.
Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
4/10/2018  9:22 PM
Well coached, solid 3 PT, prototype current nba likes Defense two way player. Handle is questionable and he’s 6-7”, a bit undersized. I like him but he will end up being #3 option. Will be better pro than Timmy which ain’t saying much.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
4/11/2018  9:02 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Glass half full approach to this:
Would mean that someone else we might like gets pushed down to us then...No?

Maybe... but my fear is its one of the shrimpy PGs I want no part of. We have been bad at defense and a perennial lottery team since Ewing left. When I look at the kinds of teams being built we will have to compete with Trea Young isnt closing the gap, but a squad of long elite defenders will. I see Bridges next to Frank as a pair of guys who can ruin an opposing offense. Couple that with KP's rim protection (and eventually more talent) and you are on your way to build a Piston's type team that defensively could dismantle any team.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
knickstorrents
Member: #3050
Hong Kong
4/11/2018  9:06 AM
Agree, I don't want any short/no wingspan players on this team.
Rose is not the answer.
Sangfroid
Member: #2784

4/11/2018  10:26 AM
Taking into consideration all of the points made, I am hoping that Kevin Knox from Kentucky is still available, and that he is the choice at pick 9. He's bigger, stronger and younger that Bridges, and brings the same pedigree as Bridges. Comes from another great program,and is ready to explode. Knox has the ability to play SF now, and can move to the PF position when KP is ready to play center. The Knicks must look past the hype and pick the more versatile player, Knox.
"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
What do you guys think of Mikal Bridges?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy