[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

2nd rd choices
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/5/2018  6:13 PM
I think we only have pick 37

Id like to trade up a tad if possible for Chandler Hutchinson---Im not sure he is going to last to 37 Melvin Frazier next and last Aaron Holiday. One last guy I will watch is Brandon Mccoy to see if he drops

undrafted free agent Im looking at Issac Haas Tyler Davis since we may need back up bigs

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
reub
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6227

4/5/2018  6:54 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/5/2018  6:55 PM
BRIGGS wrote:I think we only have pick 37

Id like to trade up a tad if possible for Chandler Hutchinson---Im not sure he is going to last to 37 Melvin Frazier next and last Aaron Holiday. One last guy I will watch is Brandon Mccoy to see if he drops

undrafted free agent Im looking at Issac Haas Tyler Davis since we may need back up bigs

Divincenzo?

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
4/5/2018  8:38 PM

He's going in the first round. Possibly even in the late teens or early 20s

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
dacash
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1179

4/5/2018  9:32 PM
Caleb or Cody Martin would be nice second round choices
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/5/2018  10:27 PM

I think they still have two picks but the mocks were mixed. Found this here:
https://www.prosportstransactions.com/basketball/DraftTrades/Future/Knicks.htm
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
blkexec
Member: #748
4/6/2018  5:49 AM
CrushAlot wrote:

I thought the only impact to us was dropping from a high second to a lower second. Basically we swapped second round pick positions with Dallas. I don't know. Just looking for clarification, based on what I've read in posts. Are there any facts?

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/6/2018  11:57 AM

You're man Jerome Robinson declared. You wouldn't consider him? I think Aaron Holiday (I keep wanting him to call him Darren Collision) probably moves to the late first round.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/6/2018  12:10 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

I think Briggs is right on this one. All the official news briefs I've seen said we gave up the lowest of our two second rounders. The ESPN mock also shows that we only have one pick ( the Chicago pick) in the second round.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BRIGGS
4/6/2018  12:12 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/6/2018  12:13 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:

You're man Jerome Robinson declared. You wouldn't consider him? I think Aaron Holiday (I keep wanting him to call him Darren Collision) probably moves to the late first round.

I didnt know that--yeah hed be right up there at 37. More players better shot at a nice 2nd pick. Id be thrilled with Hutchinson. I might play him at a 3/ 4 since he can really rebound. Very diverse offensive game but good both ways.

RIP Crushalot😞
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/6/2018  12:34 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I think Briggs is right on this one. All the official news briefs I've seen said we gave up the lowest of our two second rounders. The ESPN mock also shows that we only have one pick ( the Chicago pick) in the second round.

I think you are right.
http://www.nba.com/article/2018/02/08/new-york-knicks-acquire-emmanual-mudiay-three-team-deal-official-release
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Sangfroid
Member: #2784

4/6/2018  6:28 PM
Does anyone know the cost of buying in on a 1st round pick, later in the draft?
"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
BRIGGS
4/6/2018  6:29 PM
Sangfroid wrote:Does anyone know the cost of buying in on a 1st round pick, later in the draft?

I doubt it ever happens again

RIP Crushalot😞
Sangfroid
Member: #2784

4/6/2018  6:39 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Sangfroid wrote:Does anyone know the cost of buying in on a 1st round pick, later in the draft?

And your thoughts on 2nd rounders?

"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/6/2018  6:43 PM
Sangfroid wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Golden State paid $3.5M for pick 38 last year, Jordan Bell. I think that's the max you can pay

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

4/6/2018  6:45 PM
reub wrote:

Divincenzo?

yes

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
reub
Member: #6227

4/6/2018  10:39 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
reub wrote:

Divincenzo?

yes

He hasn't declared and I doubt that he will. But he should.

ccinflushing
Member: #6061

4/9/2018  4:26 PM
martin wrote:
Sangfroid wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Golden State paid $3.5M for pick 38 last year, Jordan Bell. I think that's the max you can pay

The maximum cash teams can receive or pay out is $5.1Mn for this past year .. it should be a similar amount for the 2018-19 season.

In terms of cash paid for second round draft picks, in the 2017 draft:
NOP got the 31st pick from CHA for $1.8Mn and the 40th pick
GSW paid CHI $3.5Mn for the 38th pick
MIL somehow managed to pay PHI $1.9Mn for the 46th pick but got LAC to fork out $2.0Mn for the 48th pick!

Also last year, UTA acquired the 28th pick from LAL for the 30th and 44th picks ..

For the Knicks, I would guess that the 38th pick and $4MM probably gets you to pick 27?

Hope that helps ..

Also for my second rounder, my choice would be Chimezie Metu - he reminds me a lot of Bobby Portis/Pascal Siakim - perhaps more athletic than those two with good 3 point shooting potential (good repeatable stroke), but needs a lot of work on his core strength to hold his position.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

4/9/2018  8:35 PM
the players that are 2nd round picks per nbadraft.net I have the most interest in are:
Moritz Wagner
Hamidou Diallo
Malik Newman
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
fwk00
Member: #6048

4/9/2018  11:40 PM
Rawle Alkins
dacash
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1179

4/10/2018  1:28 PM
Elie okobo nice "find" actually might be a good compliment to Frankie p . look him up. Them imagine him and frank in the back court.
2nd rd choices

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy