[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Should we offer Jabari Parker 2 years 48mm with option for 3?
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/4/2018  11:59 AM
Its a dam good gamble
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
ekstarks94
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6104

4/4/2018  12:01 PM
I would take that.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/4/2018  12:07 PM
KOQ and Kanter would have to opt out, Noah would be on the books for 5 years, need to move Lee for nothing AND you would be out of the FA market in summer 2019.

I think that's right.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BRIGGS
4/4/2018  12:10 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/4/2018  12:12 PM
martin wrote:KOQ and Kanter would have to opt out, Noah would be on the books for 5 years, need to move Lee for nothing AND you would be out of the FA market in summer 2019.

I think that's right.

Getting Parker and KP on the same team might be worth it. We can also look to trade Hardaway. If we win the lottery or even land 1-2-3 and get Bagley or Aayton--I might just follow this path as a priority. Aayton Parker and KP would be one helluve frontline OR we could take Porter and play Parker at 4 and KP 5.

RIP Crushalot😞
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

4/4/2018  12:16 PM
I rather just draft one of the Bridges.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/4/2018  12:17 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
martin wrote:KOQ and Kanter would have to opt out, Noah would be on the books for 5 years, need to move Lee for nothing AND you would be out of the FA market in summer 2019.

I think that's right.

Getting Parker and KP on the same team might be worth it. We can also look to trade Hardaway. If we win the lottery or even land 1-2-3 and get Bagley or Aayton--I might just follow this path as a priority. Aayton Parker and KP would be one helluve frontline OR we could take Porter and play Parker at 4 and KP 5.

I'm mean, that's nice and all - and I'd GIVE ThJr away for NOTHING - but what team would have him?

You are proposing these trades and signings in a vacuum with zero salary cap background and no regard to what other teams would take back in trades. It doesn't work that way.

Start here: https://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/NYK.html

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

4/4/2018  12:21 PM
I actually thought THj when KP was healthy and so was he. worked real well off each other.
I think THj is a good support player around KP.

Probem this year was when THJ went down, KP did too much. THJ came back out of shape, and when he was in shape, KP was down. We never got to see them play healthy together again after the 25 game mark. So I think they have chemistry.

BRIGGS
4/4/2018  12:37 PM
martin wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

I think that's right.

I'm mean, that's nice and all - and I'd GIVE ThJr away for NOTHING - but what team would have him?

You are proposing these trades and signings in a vacuum with zero salary cap background and no regard to what other teams would take back in trades. It doesn't work that way.

Start here: https://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/NYK.html

I think we can get there is Kanter opts out. And I think he will. What a hack job by P Jackson and then followed up in the same way by Mills.

RIP Crushalot😞
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
4/4/2018  2:42 PM
Parker would be a big gamble but the type that could pay off in a major way.
BRIGGS
4/4/2018  3:45 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/4/2018  3:47 PM
Knixkik wrote:Parker would be a big gamble but the type that could pay off in a major way.

Thats the way I look at it--they dont5 have a spot for him there and certainly they arent paying 24mm per. It could radically change this franchise--go big or go home.
Im scared Philly will get him and then you can say lights out for 10 years.
We can sell him as being the new"man" in NYC. By next year his legs will be at or near 100% and hes 23--hes got 7-8 quality high end years

RIP Crushalot😞
Knixkik
USA
4/4/2018  3:52 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:Parker would be a big gamble but the type that could pay off in a major way.

Thats the way I look at it--they dont5 have a spot for him there and certainly they arent paying 24mm per. It could radically change this franchise--go big or go home.
We can sell him as being the new"man" in NYC. By next year his legs will be at or near 100% and hes 23--hes got 7-8 quality high end years

Yeah he's a good fit if we can have KP make the full transition over to center. Next year can be a year where Parker and KP get back on their feet, while Frank and our 2018 pick gain experience. I know you're not big on Mikal Bridges, but adding he and Parker would be game-changing. We need a defensive minded big wing badly.

C Porzingis
PF Parker
SF Bridges
SG Hardaway
PG Burke/Ntilikina

This would be an awesome group.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/4/2018  3:57 PM
BRIGGS wrote:

Briggs, I know this synapse came to you and thru your fingers but you might want to sleep on this a while.
Im sure if we do it enough times these guys will pay off but that little voice in my head whispers "Antonio McDyess" and it get middle ear balance loss.
Its a big gamble. Let me ask you a question, would you trade our no. 1 pick this year and Kanter for him straight up (Money aside) to have his bird rights and pay him a longer term wage that locks him up and everyone happy?
What does Milwaukee need that we have? They want to win now. They can parlay that draft pick into something else perhaps they need?
Knixkik
USA
4/4/2018  4:00 PM
Nalod wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Briggs, I know this synapse came to you and thru your fingers but you might want to sleep on this a while.
Im sure if we do it enough times these guys will pay off but that little voice in my head whispers "Antonio McDyess" and it get middle ear balance loss.
Its a big gamble. Let me ask you a question, would you trade our no. 1 pick this year and Kanter for him straight up (Money aside) to have his bird rights and pay him a longer term wage that locks him up and everyone happy?
What does Milwaukee need that we have? They want to win now. They can parlay that draft pick into something else perhaps they need?

Parker is a young player who tore his ACL. Not really a McDyess situation at all. He will be fine. I wouldn't trade our pick for him though.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/4/2018  4:02 PM
BRIGGS wrote:

I don't see how Parker would fit in Philly's plan, especially with Covington and Simmons on board. Parker is OK, but as it's already been mentioned, we don't have the cap space, even if we stretch Noah. Also, KP would have to agree to play 5 for this move to make sense. We can't rush into any move at this stage.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BRIGGS
4/4/2018  4:03 PM
Knixkik wrote:
Nalod wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Parker is a young player who tore his ACL. Not really a McDyess situation at all. He will be fine. I wouldn't trade our pick for him though.

Pure cap space tradng pick for player is a bad bad model.

RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
4/4/2018  4:04 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/4/2018  4:05 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

I don't see how Parker would fit in Philly's plan, especially with Covington and Simmons on board. Parker is OK, but as it's already been mentioned, we don't have the cap space, even if we stretch Noah. Also, KP would have to agree to play 5 for this move to make sense. We can't rush into any move at this stage.

have you been watching the same Knicks? Parker would be a coup. In this case Id more more on the Bridges bandwagon although I beg we get lucky and move to top 3.
RIP Crushalot😞
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/4/2018  4:07 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

have you been watching the same Knicks?

Yeah, I have. That's why we can't rush into things, like allocating a huge chunk of cap space for an avg. starting NBA shooting guard.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Nalod
USA
4/4/2018  4:07 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
Nalod wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

IT was an exercise: would you trade the 9th pick this year for Parker. Is he better than Bridges?
I don't do trade vomit.

Knixkik
USA
4/4/2018  4:13 PM
Nalod wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
Nalod wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

IT was an exercise: would you trade the 9th pick this year for Parker. Is he better than Bridges?
I don't do trade vomit.

All things considered, Parker is probably a better player than who we draft at 8 or 9, however, the difference in contract will be the biggest factor. Parker will be making market value. If we draft Bridges, we get an NBA ready prospect for a fraction of the cost over 4 years and can also spend that other big money. So tough to compare.

Nalod
USA
4/4/2018  4:20 PM
mm
Knixkik wrote:
Nalod wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
Nalod wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

I don't do trade vomit.

All things considered, Parker is probably a better player than who we draft at 8 or 9, however, the difference in contract will be the biggest factor. Parker will be making market value. If we draft Bridges, we get an NBA ready prospect for a fraction of the cost over 4 years and can also spend that other big money. So tough to compare.

I know its tough. A trade means we don't have to over pay him. Whats his market value? 18mm? 19mm? 20mm for 4 years? He can relax and work into his career with a team to grow with. We get to play internet GM and throw around all kinds of shyt but you get one window to make a deal. DO you make this deal? Forget what Milwaukee wants for the moment.
Im not advocating either way.
Quick, the pancakes are getting cold!

Should we offer Jabari Parker 2 years 48mm with option for 3?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy