[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

I n ow discount Mudiay as a prospect
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/4/2018  11:21 AM
I hate his attitude his game and he will never shoot the ball the right way--not in the next 5 years easy. No defense no IQ--terrible terrible nothingness trade.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/4/2018  11:30 AM
Never ever, never ever!!
You might be right. Kid is Tyreke and Demarr at the same age. might take a while to beat it out of him.
Its hard to watch. like most subjects with knicks:
"we hate what it is, and can't see what it might be so we deduct it never will".
Its the core of most of the debates I engage in. My hope lies in the process of opportunities increases our "luck".
If Mudiay is a lost cause, I have no problem moving on. Its easy to slam him on what our eyeballs are seeing. On one hand we see frank doing so many good things but shooting and we want him to shoot more. WIth Mudiay he is like a crack head gone while and won't stop!!!!!
I don't know how you fix a kid like that, but that does not mean he can't improve.
BRIGGS
4/4/2018  11:38 AM
Nalod wrote:Never ever, never ever!!
You might be right. Kid is Tyreke and Demarr at the same age. might take a while to beat it out of him.
"we hate what it is, and can't see what it might be so we deduct it never will".
Its the core of most of the debates I engage in. My hope lies in the process of opportunities increases our "luck".
If Mudiay is a lost cause, I have no problem moving on. Its easy to slam him on what our eyeballs are seeing. On one hand we see frank doing so many good things but shooting and we want him to shoot more. WIth Mudiay he is like a crack head gone while and won't stop!!!!!
I don't know how you fix a kid like that, but that does not mean he can't improve.

Tyreke had his best year his rookie year and Derozan was already really good by year 2. Mudiay just stinks--Id take that 44 pick if I could--well find a better player thre no doubt--but alas its gonzo

RIP Crushalot😞
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/4/2018  11:38 AM
Mudiay stinks. He's at best a bench hustle guy. Agree there. Still worth the look and the trade was fine.

Some guys look good. Burke and Troy looked good. Hicks/Kornet/Dotson... ehhh.. maybe with time. Mudiay not so much. Gotta run them out there to find out. I feel like we are making good use of a lost year. Maybe thats just me.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Nalod
USA
4/4/2018  12:18 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Nalod wrote:Never ever, never ever!!

Tyreke had his best year his rookie year and Derozan was already really good by year 2. Mudiay just stinks--Id take that 44 pick if I could--well find a better player thre no doubt--but alas its gonzo

Im not statistically speaking, they were wild.
Mudiay I agree should be further along.
He stinks, the question is can he be rehabbed?

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

4/4/2018  12:43 PM
I wish we had traded for Payton. Oh well

That said, while Mudiay does look like a scrub, I don't mind that Perry and Mills grabbed multiple failed lotto pick PGs

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
4/4/2018  12:46 PM
Good gamble, but Mudiay is terrible.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/4/2018  12:47 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:I wish we had traded for Payton. Oh well

That said, while Mudiay does look like a scrub, I don't mind that Perry and Mills grabbed multiple failed lotto pick PGs

We trade for Payton and we're looking at a possible $30 million+ a year backcourt with him and Hardaway. I like Payton too, but I don't like the idea of investing that much for a team that will still suck.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/4/2018  12:49 PM
Knixkik wrote:Good gamble, but Mudiay is terrible.

Yeah he his. But we still have another year. Let's see what he can do in full off-season before.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

4/4/2018  12:57 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/4/2018  12:57 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:

We trade for Payton and we're looking at a possible $30 million+ a year backcourt with him and Hardaway. I like Payton too, but I don't like the idea of investing that much for a team that will still suck.

I don't disagree with what you said but why sign Hardaway in the first place if you aren't looking to add to the roster?

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/4/2018  1:21 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

I don't disagree with what you said but why sign Hardaway in the first place if you aren't looking to add to the roster?

Burke also changes that a bit no? Payton is getting paid... how much we dont know but. Tough one. Would be nice to have Burke and Payton in the mix maybe. Didnt Perry draft him? Maybe they wanted too much from us, then took what they could get. Cant assume we could have gotten him for the same price.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
4/4/2018  1:57 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:

Yeah he his. But we still have another year. Let's see what he can do in full off-season before.

Yeah i'll be patient with him, but concerned because he is so poor on both sides of the ball. I wish he had one skill that stood out, given he's about to finish year 3. I thought he was a better scorer than he is. I didn't realize he can't shoot or finish. Defense i knew was bad.
blkexec
Member: #748
4/4/2018  2:52 PM
Knixkik wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Yeah i'll be patient with him, but concerned because he is so poor on both sides of the ball. I wish he had one skill that stood out, given he's about to finish year 3. I thought he was a better scorer than he is. I didn't realize he can't shoot or finish. Defense i knew was bad.

I watched Dotson the other day, and he gives us what Mudiay gives us, but with a higher ceiling and better shooting. But they both have that hang in the air approach, when attacking the rim. I agree on passing up Mudiay, unless we need him for depth. He's still young and hungry, just not as skilled as I would like.

I would give him an off season and see if that makes a difference, before I chuck him for rocks....Due to his age alone, he still have value.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
4/4/2018  3:18 PM
I still like him. I think he has potential. If you're expecting a star, you're right, he isn't.

But can he be a decent starter/bench player? Absolutely.

I hope there is a plan to help him this summer. He needs to improve his outside shooting for sure, and finishing around the rim.

We're not competing next year (unless its for draft position), so lets see what he can do. It takes players time to develop. See Burke.

I think there was probably a Wizard Fan thread much like this one last year for Burke.

BRIGGS
4/4/2018  3:38 PM
Knixkik wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

He really doesnt look like he gives a sht--which is a killer.

RIP Crushalot😞
reub
Member: #6227

4/4/2018  4:13 PM
blkexec wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

I watched Dotson the other day, and he gives us what Mudiay gives us, but with a higher ceiling and better shooting. But they both have that hang in the air approach, when attacking the rim. I agree on passing up Mudiay, unless we need him for depth. He's still young and hungry, just not as skilled as I would like.

I would give him an off season and see if that makes a difference, before I chuck him for rocks....Due to his age alone, he still have value.

Next year will tell the story for Mudiay. We should give him plenty of time in the G league to figure it out with no pressure. It worked for Burke.

Nalod
USA
4/4/2018  4:40 PM
reub wrote:
blkexec wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Next year will tell the story for Mudiay. We should give him plenty of time in the G league to figure it out with no pressure. It worked for Burke.

Burke had a nasty injury and the reboot was not just about humility, he needed to play!
Mudiay is playing and in my view him playing this way but down a level won't really discipline his game.
My take is when rookies are playing well you leave them in but once they deviate from the plan you yank them. Only quality minutes. He needs to play with a "Collar" on him if its short minutes, so be it.
But Im not a pro coach. I'd like to think the knicks brass and coaches see something. Maybe its not sinking in yet, or he needs to rebuild his fundamentals on that shot.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

4/4/2018  4:48 PM
I had a bad feeling when Mudiay blamed all the time he spent on the bench recently for his lack of conditioning. Like a benching is a free pass to put on lbs. Too big to shy away from contact at the rim. For a second rounder, it was worth a look since this was his first new team since getting drafted.
blkexec
Member: #748
4/4/2018  5:50 PM
GustavBahler wrote:I had a bad feeling when Mudiay blamed all the time he spent on the bench recently for his lack of conditioning. Like a benching is a free pass to put on lbs. Too big to shy away from contact at the rim. For a second rounder, it was worth a look since this was his first new team since getting drafted.

Shy away from contact.....Is a generational problem. This isn't the 80s anymore. Guards like that Euro, slow, change direction mid flight move. Kyrie does it a lot. I saw Dotson do a similar move. It's looks slower with Mudiay because he's bigger and slower....and his moves are slow....Nothing quick about him. But he plays down hill and has straight line acceleration (difference from shifty lateral quickness). So his age and ability to attack the rim is valuable. Pulling up away from contact is a habit he will mostly keep doing, unless he does a complete 180 over the break. But that's his style, love it or hate it. Just like nobody will tell Kyrie to attack the defender. Mudiay is the same way. He rather attack but avoid the defender with Euro step moves. Just a different style of play.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

4/4/2018  6:12 PM
blkexec wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:I had a bad feeling when Mudiay blamed all the time he spent on the bench recently for his lack of conditioning. Like a benching is a free pass to put on lbs. Too big to shy away from contact at the rim. For a second rounder, it was worth a look since this was his first new team since getting drafted.

Shy away from contact.....Is a generational problem. This isn't the 80s anymore. Guards like that Euro, slow, change direction mid flight move. Kyrie does it a lot. I saw Dotson do a similar move. It's looks slower with Mudiay because he's bigger and slower....and his moves are slow....Nothing quick about him. But he plays down hill and has straight line acceleration (difference from shifty lateral quickness). So his age and ability to attack the rim is valuable. Pulling up away from contact is a habit he will mostly keep doing, unless he does a complete 180 over the break. But that's his style, love it or hate it. Just like nobody will tell Kyrie to attack the defender. Mudiay is the same way. He rather attack but avoid the defender with Euro step moves. Just a different style of play.

Yes and no. Yes, the game isnt as physical. Mudiay is still pretty bad in that dept. Takes it strong to the rim, but often before contact, arches his upper body to the side. Which makes it hard for him to finish because he's too off balance.

One more reason to appreciate Burke, he's smaller than all the other PGs on the roster, since Shane Larkin. But Burke goes stronger to the rim than all of them, and often finishes.

I n ow discount Mudiay as a prospect

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy