[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

OT Amazon
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Posts: 52916
Alba Posts: 7
Joined: 7/30/2002
Member: #303
4/2/2018  12:51 PM
Its a monopoly that has hurt many many companies. Even if it cost short term hurt--some balance has to be made. Its sad for kids to see Toys r us done--didnt have to b that way.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Posts: 33724
Alba Posts: 8
Joined: 1/22/2010
Member: #3049

4/2/2018  1:01 PM
Toys R Us problems predated Amazon. Fiscal mismanagement and lack of infrasture improvement are the biggest reasons for their downfall.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
SupremeCommander
Posts: 33541
Alba Posts: 35
Joined: 4/28/2006
Member: #1127

4/2/2018  1:26 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:Toys R Us problems predated Amazon. Fiscal mismanagement and lack of infrasture improvement are the biggest reasons for their downfall.

I get Briggs' point, but I agree. They leveraged Toys R Us by so much that they struggled to make their interest payments and stopped reinvesting in the company. I fyou can't afford to put fresh paint on the walls for a retail business, you're effed

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
BRIGGS
Posts: 52916
Alba Posts: 7
Joined: 7/30/2002
Member: #303
4/2/2018  1:38 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:Toys R Us problems predated Amazon. Fiscal mismanagement and lack of infrasture improvement are the biggest reasons for their downfall.

I get Briggs' point, but I agree. They leveraged Toys R Us by so much that they struggled to make their interest payments and stopped reinvesting in the company. I fyou can't afford to put fresh paint on the walls for a retail business, you're effed

I was in the Manhattan store when it closed last year--awesome place. Amzn is the final culprit for many of these stores. 20 years and no one has understood how to counter them because they really cant. Amazn is a black hole absorbing anything in its path.

RIP Crushalot😞
SupremeCommander
Posts: 33541
Alba Posts: 35
Joined: 4/28/2006
Member: #1127

4/2/2018  3:31 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:Toys R Us problems predated Amazon. Fiscal mismanagement and lack of infrasture improvement are the biggest reasons for their downfall.

I get Briggs' point, but I agree. They leveraged Toys R Us by so much that they struggled to make their interest payments and stopped reinvesting in the company. I fyou can't afford to put fresh paint on the walls for a retail business, you're effed

I was in the Manhattan store when it closed last year--awesome place. Amzn is the final culprit for many of these stores. 20 years and no one has understood how to counter them because they really cant. Amazn is a black hole absorbing anything in its path.

I would say the fina culprit is not staying relevant in a competitive marketplace. Blaming Amazon for Toys R Us's declining sales rings as hollow as restaurateurs blaming declining sales on millenial's preference for avocado toast

Amazon might be the preferred online retailer for many, but it is hardly the only one. Maybe Toys R Us should have made it easier to shop online? Maybe they should have done something to get people to want to go to its stores? No, it's just easier to blame the boogeyman

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Nalod
Posts: 65336
Alba Posts: 153
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
4/2/2018  4:01 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/2/2018  4:03 PM
This is about Bezo's owning the washinton post and Trump being vindictive prepubescent PhuchTard!
Guess whats also great american company? Amazon!
BTW, small specialty toy stores are doing well.
Rise of other retailers like Target, walmart and, Kohls, etc also have a place in this.
What made america great was moving forward, not backward. Lamenting Toys 'r Us is backward thinking. Good Thread Briggs!!!! Maybe Toy's R Us missed the boat not having enough LIttle Tykes Bullet proof vests for the kids?
GustavBahler
Posts: 38805
Alba Posts: 15
Joined: 7/12/2010
Member: #3186

4/2/2018  4:25 PM
Briggs, ToysRus were responsible for putting mom and pop toy stores out of business nationwide, if not worldwide. Hard for me to shed too many tears.

Amazon needs to treat their warehouse employees better. Give them better working conditions. Understand that consolidation of the book market will inevitably hurt the art. The way Clear Channel (Iheart) monopolized FM radio.

Amazon does offer a space for small business owners, so they have that going for them, and they stand behind their brand. Make good on ripoffs. I buy from them things I cant get in a store, or even a big box place.

Nice to see you care about these things. Id keep an eye on the teachers strikes nationwide. Its wages Briggs thats going to be the defining issue of the next decade. Without a living wage, everyrhing else becomes more difficult. Not nearly enough people in this country earn one.

Nalod
Posts: 65336
Alba Posts: 153
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
4/2/2018  4:37 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Briggs, ToysRus were responsible for putting mom and pop toy stores out of business nationwide, if not worldwide. Hard for me to shed too many tears.

Amazon needs to treat their warehouse employees better. Give them better working conditions. Understand that consolidation of the book market will inevitably hurt the art. The way Clear Channel (Iheart) monopolized FM radio.

Amazon does offer a space for small business owners, so they have that going for them, and they stand behind their brand. Make good on ripoffs. I buy from them things I cant get in a store, or even a big box place.

Nice to see you care about these things. Id keep an eye on the teachers strikes nationwide. Its wages Briggs thats going to be the defining issue of the next decade. Without a living wage, everyrhing else becomes more difficult. Not nearly enough people in this country earn one.



Coal is not clean.....
https://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/24/opinion/sunday/black-lung-incurable-and-fatal-stalks-coal-miners-anew.html


Black lung on the rise!
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/02/22/climate/black-lung-resurgence.html

Make america great again!!! Red states phuching their constituents!
https://www.ishn.com/articles/108357-kentucky-to-make-it-harder-for-black-lung-victims-to-claim-benefits

Nalod
Posts: 65336
Alba Posts: 153
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
4/2/2018  4:47 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Briggs, ToysRus were responsible for putting mom and pop toy stores out of business nationwide, if not worldwide. Hard for me to shed too many tears.

Amazon needs to treat their warehouse employees better. Give them better working conditions. Understand that consolidation of the book market will inevitably hurt the art. The way Clear Channel (Iheart) monopolized FM radio.

Amazon does offer a space for small business owners, so they have that going for them, and they stand behind their brand. Make good on ripoffs. I buy from them things I cant get in a store, or even a big box place.

Nice to see you care about these things. Id keep an eye on the teachers strikes nationwide. Its wages Briggs thats going to be the defining issue of the next decade. Without a living wage, everyrhing else becomes more difficult. Not nearly enough people in this country earn one.



Briggs brings this up after Trump wants to go after Bezo's.
Toy's R Us model for years placed stores near Malls. It was a destination big box. We all know what is happening with America's Malls.
WE used to go to malls as kids/teens. Maybe Briggs is nostalgic on his mall days also?

Briggs bring his fake ass Toy's R Us sympathy is really Trumps Bezo's tirade!

Small stores doing well.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-neighborhood-toy-stores-toys-r-us-bankrupt-20170925-story.html
http://money.cnn.com/2018/03/16/investing/toys-r-us-local-toy-stores/index.html


Amazon state tax facts
http://fortune.com/2018/03/29/amazon-tax-rate-president-donald-trump/
Internet has tax benefits, and I would be for leveling the playing field.
Trump don 't pay taxes, if he does, he should prove it.

Moonangie
Posts: 24588
Alba Posts: 5
Joined: 7/9/2009
Member: #2788

4/2/2018  5:35 PM
Nalod wrote:This is about Bezo's owning the washinton post and Trump being vindictive prepubescent PhuchTard!
Guess whats also great american company? Amazon!
BTW, small specialty toy stores are doing well.
Rise of other retailers like Target, walmart and, Kohls, etc also have a place in this.
What made america great was moving forward, not backward. Lamenting Toys 'r Us is backward thinking. Good Thread Briggs!!!! Maybe Toy's R Us missed the boat not having enough LIttle Tykes Bullet proof vests for the kids?

Nalod with another gem.

I worked on the first Toys R Us ecommerce site. It was not a fun project, in part because of the gross incompetence of the management teams at TRU. I was shocked how long it took them to go belly up, something that was inevitable regardless of Amazon. In fact, big box stores probably hastened its demise.

meloshouldgo
Posts: 26565
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/3/2014
Member: #5801

4/2/2018  8:18 PM
Nalod wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Briggs, ToysRus were responsible for putting mom and pop toy stores out of business nationwide, if not worldwide. Hard for me to shed too many tears.

Amazon needs to treat their warehouse employees better. Give them better working conditions. Understand that consolidation of the book market will inevitably hurt the art. The way Clear Channel (Iheart) monopolized FM radio.

Amazon does offer a space for small business owners, so they have that going for them, and they stand behind their brand. Make good on ripoffs. I buy from them things I cant get in a store, or even a big box place.

Nice to see you care about these things. Id keep an eye on the teachers strikes nationwide. Its wages Briggs thats going to be the defining issue of the next decade. Without a living wage, everyrhing else becomes more difficult. Not nearly enough people in this country earn one.



Briggs brings this up after Trump wants to go after Bezo's.
Toy's R Us model for years placed stores near Malls. It was a destination big box. We all know what is happening with America's Malls.
WE used to go to malls as kids/teens. Maybe Briggs is nostalgic on his mall days also?

Briggs bring his fake ass Toy's R Us sympathy is really Trumps Bezo's tirade!

Small stores doing well.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-neighborhood-toy-stores-toys-r-us-bankrupt-20170925-story.html
http://money.cnn.com/2018/03/16/investing/toys-r-us-local-toy-stores/index.html


Amazon state tax facts
http://fortune.com/2018/03/29/amazon-tax-rate-president-donald-trump/
Internet has tax benefits, and I would be for leveling the playing field.
Trump don 't pay taxes, if he does, he should prove it.

Firstly this should be the new gold standard - Trump being a vindictive prepubescent PhuchTard!

Never been a fan of ToysRUs but it's hard to deny Amazon and online retailing in general has had an impact on brick and mortar stores. Macy's/JC Penny/Kohl's/William Sonoma - lot's of big box type vendors are closing stores across the country. This is basically how the internet has disrupted what used to be the standard business model for retail. Amazon is just the firm that profited most from it - can't blame them for understanding what people want and delivering it.

So like Trump to go after a real American success story while yelling MAGA. Stupid is as stupid does - Forrest Forrest Trump.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
jrodmc
Posts: 32928
Alba Posts: 50
Joined: 11/24/2004
Member: #805
USA
4/3/2018  4:50 PM
Nalod wrote:This is about Bezo's owning the washinton post and Trump being vindictive prepubescent PhuchTard!
Guess whats also great american company? Amazon!
BTW, small specialty toy stores are doing well.
Rise of other retailers like Target, walmart and, Kohls, etc also have a place in this.
What made america great was moving forward, not backward. Lamenting Toys 'r Us is backward thinking. Good Thread Briggs!!!! Maybe Toy's R Us missed the boat not having enough LIttle Tykes Bullet proof vests for the kids?

Or maybe Toys R Us prices just sucked? If it wasnt Amazon, Wahhhhhhmart would have put them out of business sooner or later.
Only thing stopping that is Walmart's website is the worst piece of sheehit on the internet.

What, no tears for KB toys that went belly up 10 years ago?

OT Amazon

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy