[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Preseason ticket info update
Author Thread
edsonline
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #735
9/9/2004  9:24 AM
Hi everybody! Just came from the box office downstairs with preseason tickets! I scored vs. San Antonio on Saturday 10/16 at 1 pm. Seats are still available - 200 section $78.50 each (this is what I bought - it's worth it), 300 section $60-something, 400 section $40-something. Other preseason games at MSG are vs. Dallas on Sunday 10/24 at 7pm and vs. Utah on Thursday 10/28 at 7:30. I didn't look into the availablity of tickets for those two games but they should be available as well because tickets went on sale today at 9 am, and the only other person on line was behind me and bought San Antonio tickets. She had a list of regular season games but couldn't get them cuz they aren't on sale yet. I let her look at my hand written list of preseason games. The box office guys had no idea about the tickets being on sale. I had the guard tell them and then they let me come up and they said they'd look. They saw the tickets were available and sold them to me. While my tickets were printing their boss called and said preseason tickets are on sale today. Guy says to me "we're always the last to know." Since they didn't have a list of the preseason games he asked if he could have mine. I let them keep it, I don't need it anymore.
If you can't get to the box office go to www.nyknicks.com, scroll down on the right hand side to where it lists the Knicks vs. Nets preseason game and click on the link. Then put in Knicks in the search. Liberty and Knicks games come up - the 3 preseason games are all listed. You should also be able to find them by going to www.ticketmaster.com and doing a search there. Ticket master #'s Long Island (631) 888-9000 / NYC (212)307-7171 /NBA 1-800-4NBA-TIX - full list of phone #'s is available on the ticketmaster web site.
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
9/9/2004  9:36 AM
whoa, cool, thanks for update.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
edsonline
9/9/2004  9:48 AM
You're welcome, glad I could help.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
9/9/2004  1:51 PM
you work for the knicks PR/marketing dept, Id bet atleast 20,000 farthings on it:>)

pre-season games are the biggest waste of money out there. When i was a season ticket holder, i rarely went or TRIED to give them away. it's a pain in the arse if you dont live in the city--take your 1 hr commute just to watch everyone but the paid core knick players --if you are lucky they play for a half--but you still get stuck with the same bill as reg.
RIP Crushalot😞
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
9/9/2004  2:02 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

you work for the knicks PR/marketing dept, Id bet atleast 20,000 farthings on it:>)

pre-season games are the biggest waste of money out there. When i was a season ticket holder, i rarely went or TRIED to give them away. it's a pain in the arse if you dont live in the city--take your 1 hr commute just to watch everyone but the paid core knick players --if you are lucky they play for a half--but you still get stuck with the same bill as reg.

What would you rather have, Don playing McDyess 43 minutes and risk blowing out that knee??? ...oh wait...
¿ △ ?
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
9/9/2004  2:13 PM
LOL i was Fing Laydumb up and down that night. You shouldve taken stoudemire you shouldve taken stoudemire you shouldve taken stoudemire

uh we couldve atleast taken boozer with pick 23 that year!!!!!!!Laydumb how could use passs on a 20-10 duke player???????????????
we would still have either boozer and amare with camby.
RIP Crushalot😞
edsonline
9/9/2004  2:27 PM
LOL! That was a pretty good one BRIGGS, I gotta give it to you. I actually work for a publishing company that has an office in Penn Plaza. If I really worked for the NYK I would try to get hooked up with free tickets, escpecially preseason. Why pay for preseason tix if you are a company employee? BTW - preseason is cheesy compared to regular season, but it's much tougher to get reg season tix, and if you get them they won't be as good. I've been to 3 Knicks regular season games - one at MSG (nose bleed), and two in Philly (I went to college in South Jersey). My seats in Philly were bad too, but still better than my MSG tickets. I've seen 2 preseason games at Nassau Coliseum (I live on Long Island) and those are the best Knicks seats I've ever had. The ones I got today should be pretty good too, so I'm willing to pay for those cheesy preseason tickets. LOL.
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
9/9/2004  2:40 PM
Thanks for the ticket update, Mr. Dolan.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
9/9/2004  2:59 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

LOL i was Fing Laydumb up and down that night. You shouldve taken stoudemire you shouldve taken stoudemire you shouldve taken stoudemire

uh we couldve atleast taken boozer with pick 23 that year!!!!!!!Laydumb how could use passs on a 20-10 duke player???????????????
we would still have either boozer and amare with camby.

I was actually psyched for that trade because I loved Frank Williams in college. I didn't know jack about Amare at the time, but looking back, yeah, ouch. But to me, if that trade got rid of Layden, it was worth it.

Question, would you rather have lineup A with Layden at the controls or lineup B with Isiah at the controls...

A
Eisley, Williams
Houston, Shan
KVH, Spoon
Amare, Kurt, (maybe Sweets, or would they've drafted lower?)
Camby, Deke

B
Steph, Jamal
Houston, Jamal/Penny
Tim, Penny, Ariza
Sweets, Kurt, Jerome
Nazr, Baker

I'd take B at this point. The core is young now and we have a few years. No, we don't have an Amare or Camby, but by the time Amare is really ready to play winning basketball, Camby will be done. Tough call. To me, the biggest mistake anyone made was trying to win during the 02-03 season once Dyess went down. That was our golden opportunity to get Bron, Melo, Wade, Bosh...any of the top five. Though, Layden probably would've taken Darko at no. 1...sigh...
¿ △ ?
Preseason ticket info update

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy