[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

New NBA draft applicant Marvin Frazier Tulane SG.SF
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/28/2018  10:33 PM

I wrote about him last year. This is a guy Ive seen several time as he is in Uconn div. He actually looks like a high lottery pick at various points with his elite nba athletic ability.
This guy is a defensive beast and a burgeoning offensive player. I dont think hes on any NBA draft sites but hes got every bit of potential Mikal Bridges has and u can get him in rd 2 I believe.

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
3/28/2018  11:11 PM
BRIGGS wrote:

I wrote about him last year. This is a guy Ive seen several time as he is in Uconn div. He actually looks like a high lottery pick at various points with his elite nba athletic ability.
This guy is a defensive beast and a burgeoning offensive player. I dont think hes on any NBA draft sites but hes got every bit of potential Mikal Bridges has and u can get him in rd 2 I believe.

These 2 players are not comparable. Bridges is an elite shooter and Frazier is average at best.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

3/28/2018  11:11 PM
he's been on nbadraft.net all year
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
BRIGGS
3/29/2018  11:49 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/29/2018  11:51 AM
Knixkik wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

These 2 players are not comparable. Bridges is an elite shooter and Frazier is average at best.

When Jalen Brunson is nthe PG--youre goingh to have a lot of space. Tulane stinks but Frazier shot 55% while avg 16 points over 5 rebounds 3 assits and over 2 steals. I agree with you Bridges J is better right now--but what am I getting and where am I getting it? I like Frazier if hes there with one of our top 2nd rounders--Id go so far as to promise him pick 43 if he doesnt workout for anyone else. We need MORE than a role player at 9--we need someone who will make an impact. Id go as far to say that Mikal would be upsetting to me at 9 at this point. I can get something like Mikal in the 2nd round. Kevin Ollie who played 10 years in the nBA said Frazier has 1st team all caliber defensive potential and hes no sieve on offense.

RIP Crushalot😞
Knixkik
USA
3/29/2018  12:11 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/29/2018  12:35 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

When Jalen Brunson is nthe PG--youre goingh to have a lot of space. Tulane stinks but Frazier shot 55% while avg 16 points over 5 rebounds 3 assits and over 2 steals. I agree with you Bridges J is better right now--but what am I getting and where am I getting it? I like Frazier if hes there with one of our top 2nd rounders--Id go so far as to promise him pick 43 if he doesnt workout for anyone else. We need MORE than a role player at 9--we need someone who will make an impact. Id go as far to say that Mikal would be upsetting to me at 9 at this point. I can get something like Mikal in the 2nd round. Kevin Ollie who played 10 years in the nBA said Frazier has 1st team all caliber defensive potential and hes no sieve on offense.

You keep selling Bridges as a role player, which is fine, but there are a lot of articles out there that think he's the next Kawhi, the next Klay, etc. He is getting many star comps.

Let me add to this; Bridges' floor is high level role player most likely. Frazier's floor is D-league player. I think a prospects Floor needs to be emphasized when discussing their upside as well.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/29/2018  1:34 PM
Knixkik wrote:You keep selling Bridges as a role player, which is fine, but there are a lot of articles out there that think he's the next Kawhi, the next Klay, etc. He is getting many star comps.

Let me add to this; Bridges' floor is high level role player most likely. Frazier's floor is D-league player. I think a prospects Floor needs to be emphasized when discussing their upside as well.

Are there Mikal/Klay comparisons? Without knowing much about either player they seem similar?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

3/29/2018  1:45 PM
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:You keep selling Bridges as a role player, which is fine, but there are a lot of articles out there that think he's the next Kawhi, the next Klay, etc. He is getting many star comps.

Are there Mikal/Klay comparisons? Without knowing much about either player they seem similar?

Similar offensive games. I don't think scouts thought Klay would be as good as he is defensively. Mykal's length gives hiim more range defensively, IMHO.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Knixkik
USA
3/29/2018  1:48 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/29/2018  1:49 PM
martin wrote:

Yeah i'll have to search around but have seen the comparisons on Bleacher Report and/or The Ringer. Both are elite spot up shooters, smooth but not freak athletes, and great defensive instincts. Both came out of college projected as elite role players who lack the off the dribble game to be offensive stars.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/29/2018  1:55 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:

Similar offensive games. I don't think scouts thought Klay would be as good as he is defensively. Mykal's length gives hiim more range defensively, IMHO.

I could be wrong but wasn't Klay considered an ELITE college scorer? Maybe not athletically explosive but high level offense? Is Mikal regarded in the same way?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BRIGGS
3/29/2018  1:59 PM
martin wrote:

He was Wsshington State's best player and could make his own shot with the dribble

RIP Crushalot😞
Knixkik
USA
3/29/2018  3:14 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
martin wrote:

He was Wsshington State's best player and could make his own shot with the dribble

Mikal is on a loaded team where he is asked to be more of a system player. His offensive efficiency is insane. Klay had more responsibility on a lesser quality team.

Knixkik
USA
3/29/2018  3:18 PM
martin wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:

I could be wrong but wasn't Klay considered an ELITE college scorer? Maybe not athletically explosive but high level offense? Is Mikal regarded in the same way?

He was considered good, but there was a reason he wasn't top 10. There were concerns that he was only an elite scorer because of the team he was on and less quality competition. Bridges is asked to be more of a system player on an annual title contender. Obviously some differences between the 2. Klay was definitely a better scorer, and Bridges a better defender. I don't 100% agree with the comparison, just stating that it's out there. I see him as more of a Otto Porter, who makes 100M because of his valued skillset.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

3/29/2018  3:32 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/29/2018  3:35 PM
martin wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:

I think it's a lazy comp. Both shot good percentages, play same (college) position, and both will get drafted around the same spot. That's about it

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

3/29/2018  4:16 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/29/2018  4:18 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
martin wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:

I think it's a lazy comp. Both shot good percentages, play same (college) position, and both will get drafted around the same spot. That's about it

Yeah, Klay was considered an elite shooter, but his dribble game left a lot to be desired. I remember Allen Houston was a common comp used for Klay in college. Things change. Klay and Mykal excelled on the same areas of the floor in offense. I think the Otto Porter comp is probably as close a comp as you're going to get at this point and, if I remember correctly, Porter was getting Marion comps when he came out. Porter was springier in college, but Mykal is bigger. But yeah, I think scouts see Mykal as more of a guy in the Marion/Porter mold. A lot of people think Mykal can play the 4 effectively when he fills out.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
New NBA draft applicant Marvin Frazier Tulane SG.SF

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy