Author Thread
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
9/9/2004  4:24 AM
From realgm wiretap

Shaq Rapping Trash About Kobe

Shaq Diesel has taken the mike once again, and this time he's saying some not-so-nice things about former teammate Kobe Bryant.

The new rap CD is called "Hot In Here Part Five" and on the single titled "You Not The Fightin' Type," O'Neal raps, "Even with wings you never as fly as me ... you remind me of Kobe Bryant trying to be as high as me ... but you can't ... even if you get me traded ... wherever I'm at, I'm Puffy; you Mase and you're still hated."

The two stars feuded periodically as Lakers. O'Neal was traded this off-season to the Miami Heat.

It has been rumored that Bryant, who in July signed a seven-year, $136.4 million contract to stay a Laker, was instrumental in the team's decisions not to renew head coach Phil Jackson's contract and to trade O'Neal out of town.

"That upsets me. That angers me. That hurts me," Bryant said to deny these rumors. "They did what they had to do. That had nothing to do with me. In a perfect world, we would have all come back and won another [NBA championship]."
AUTOADVERT
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
9/9/2004  6:31 AM
One day Kobe will grow up, and realize that playing with Shaq was the greatest basketball experience of his life.
Bonn1997
USA
9/9/2004  11:25 AM
Posted by Rich:

One day Kobe will grow up, and realize that playing with Shaq was the greatest basketball experience of his life.
I agree
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
9/9/2004  12:16 PM
And one of these days Shaq will grow up, and realize that playing with Kobe was the greatest basketball experience of his life.

It works both ways.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
9/9/2004  12:48 PM
I don't know about that. Dwayne Wade should be a good replacement as Shaq sidekick. Kobe will never find another Shaq Daddy.
RonRon
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #246
9/9/2004  1:34 PM
i dont care what shaq says about kobe, but last summer kobes words shall scar shaq 4 life. Shaq started to words of war with kobe with the media and kobe responded back with the truth that left shaq in complete silence without a comeback. Why? Because everything kobe said was the plain truth...
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
9/9/2004  1:49 PM
Posted by NYKBocker:

I don't know about that. Dwayne Wade should be a good replacement as Shaq sidekick. Kobe will never find another Shaq Daddy.

Dwyane Wade has no outside shot, can't really create for others and is too small to be a SG, but yeah, other than that he's a greaaat replacement for Kobe.

Please. And I don't even like Kobe, but that's ridiculous.
¿ △ ?
Bonn1997
USA
9/9/2004  2:26 PM
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by NYKBocker:

Dwyane Wade has no outside shot, can't really create for others and is too small to be a SG, but yeah, other than that he's a greaaat replacement for Kobe.

Shaq's playing with players who will actually pass him the ball now. That will make him more dangerous than he was last season
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
9/9/2004  2:37 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by NYKBocker:

Shaq's playing with players who will actually pass him the ball now. That will make him more dangerous than he was last season

I absolutely agree with that. It still doesn't make Wade = Kobe. I like Wade and I do think he will work on his holes in his game, but he does have undeniable holes.
¿ △ ?
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
9/9/2004  2:49 PM
The song is not directed at Kobe, its directed at "DJ Skillz". I heard a breakdown of the song and its a slight diss at Kobe, but the song is about him.
When Shaq is rapping, it means he is happy. Happy shaq = MVP season!
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
9/9/2004  3:38 PM
Rapping Shaq = painful listening
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
tkf
Member: #87
9/9/2004  4:36 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Rich:

I agree

me too..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Rich
Member: #511
USA
9/9/2004  11:10 PM
Posted by islesfan:

And one of these days Shaq will grow up, and realize that playing with Kobe was the greatest basketball experience of his life.

It works both ways.

Except according to reports, Kobe got Shaq traded, not the other way around.
Mac
Member: #470
Japan
9/9/2004  11:34 PM
Charles Barkley said that if those two could only be unselfish enough to play together they would be competing for a championship every year.

He also, in an interview, has ripped on the league saying that the talent level is no where near what it once was and that Kobe is nowhere near the level that MJ was.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

9/10/2004  7:02 AM
Posted by TMS:

Rapping Shaq = painful listening

He did some recent mixtape songs that sound o.k, believe it or not....

He has this freestyle on a DJKaySlay tape dissing Mad Skillz.

I also got a song on my computer with him and Twista....and he's flowing fast.....Trina is doing the hook.

Check it out if you can......I would never buy anything he makes but if you can download it .....it's worth a listen.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
9/10/2004  8:52 AM
Finally!!!!!! Shaw is rapping again...while it may be painful on the ears it can only mean bad things for his opponents.

"Cream you like cheese spread you on my bagel"

Classic!

Seriously, I think some of his songs are pretty entertaining - not necessarily talent filled - but entertaining.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
Shaq trashing Kobe

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy