[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The Taint
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/27/2018  1:09 PM
Michael Jordan, a bonafide fixture of NBA Mount Rushmore royalty. A player who was a young allstar high volume scorer and won 6 titles after the age of 26 with only one coach. Goat 1.0
Scotty Pippen, a multiple Hall of fame All star who also one 6 rings with just one coach.
These two, and that Kobe fella all had one thing in common: They were incredible multi faceted players who excelled under what was called "The Triangle".
they were also great players for other coaches as well but non of them ever won a chip or achieved nearly as much without playing "Triangle".

So when someone thinks "Frank is a triangle player" as if it was a bad thing is funny. What is a "Triagle player btw? To me I take that as a player who has the potential to play great defense, pass and score points. Gaines, a man phil trusted to help Krause construct the Bulls Dynasty no doubt had influence on this pick. For those that like a credible guy making picks, someone successful with another franchise, that was Gaines. He drafted frank as a guy that can score, pass and play defense.
How many players were great after just turning 19 in the NBA? Garnett? Rookie Kobe? Jordan was a freshman, and did some really good things in college with a great team!!! We can look at their stats but it won't tell us their defensive contributions.

With all that the 3-4 posters whose skulls is on fire because the franchise who "Never develops" is doing this now, and the biggest complaint is in contrast to the better of Mitchell or DSM, not anyone taken before, or not Monk even, but Burke whose circumstance was far different than any rookie (any lottery picks spend big time in the Gleague?)!
That over the season it was suggested that he needs to be sent down to be "Humbled" as if he was arrogant, or needs to play street as if he was not motivated, or needs to just sit because he is not "Deserving". How is a non playoff team determine that?

Seems to me the plan is working. Burke was part of the plan. Evidence? He was to play for Westchester until he was in shape and ready. Then, he was called up. Some good games, so not so good games. He got his minutes and keeps getting better. That looks like a plan to me. Some of you would have me believe he was ready to play at this level game one. Nope, you have hindsight to help you be smart.
Hicks, Got minutes in the Gleague a place Willy would not go to. Willy did not get victimized, he got beat and could not earn his minutes. We doubled our investment in him. Good outcome. Jack played very well, but the plan was always for him to step aside. We have seen players, good offensive players lose time because of defense play. Tim Thomas, Derrik Williams, AR, etc. WE have a kid at 19, a slight teenager and he excels at defense, and we have posters want him on the bench? If he put up 15pts a game and played Awful defense I doubt many would complain.
Simple suggestion to that: "LIft weights, hang with Oak, eat red meat, work out". So Frank offensive game needs to: LIft weights, hang with Melo, eat chicken, workout" this summer.
And......stay away from geometry!

AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/27/2018  2:20 PM
Spurs Assist GM that took over for Scott Layden:
BRIAN WRIGHT
ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER
Enters his second season with the Spurs … spent the past two seasons as
the Detroit Pistons assistant general manager … before joining the Pistons
spent eight seasons with the Orlando Magic, ascending to the role of director
of college scouting in his final season … began his career with the Magic as
a summer intern in 2006 and was hired as the scouting coordinator prior
to the 2006-07 season … served as scouting manager and spent the 2012-
13 season as the team scouting/player development manager … attended
graduate school at the University of Central Florida, earning an MBA and master’s in sports business
management from the DeVos Sports Business Management Program … prior to his time at UCF, played
basketball at La Sierra University in Riverside, Calif. … was honored in 2003 and 2004 by the Riverside
Sports Hall of Fame for outstanding achievement in those seasons … is a co-author of two books
in conjunction with the DeVos Sports Business Management Program … the first being 100 Heroes
People in Sports Who Make This a Better World and the second being an update to the first titled 150
Heroes … a native of Silver Spring, Md., Wright and his wife, Cara, have a son and recently welcomed
a daughter to their family

I think we all want that no name fresh face guy under pop and it would be ok. Really, this guy has not done much to warrant excitement. Obviously he impressed Pop beyond his previous employers record. Some of us were less than impressed with Perry's previous teams.
Its an open concept thought but reality is different. Guy before him was Scott Layden. Now the GM of the Wolves. That Scott layden.
Most fans would take Brian Wright over Layden based on the open concept.
What is open concept? when a fan says "Replace Hornacek" without any association with who is to replace him. Just the idea is good enough.

I don't think one should read the Knick media guide in whole but look thru some front office pages and "Know a Knick" or two. Interesting how many people work for the team.
Reading Some FO bios is interesting reading. Perry's role under Dumars was interesting.

Knicks Media Guide: https://io.cnn.net/nba/nba/.element/media/2.0/teamsites/knicks/media/2016-17/pdf/2017-18-NYK-Media-Guide.pdf

The Taint

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy