[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

BULLS are a tanking machine
Author Thread
Paris907
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6099
USA
3/21/2018  9:17 PM
At halftime in Chicago, Bulls down to Denver by 29. Yes they are short handed but 29? It will be a bitch to get the 8th pick and yes it makes a big difference this year.
AUTOADVERT
KP4Life
Member: #6117
USA
3/21/2018  9:39 PM
and they will probably win the lottery too
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
3/21/2018  10:16 PM
Sticking to a plan of action something Knicks never do.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
3/22/2018  5:35 AM
Vmart wrote:Sticking to a plan of action something Knicks never do.
Arent the Knicks 3-19 in their last 22 games?
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
3/22/2018  8:16 AM
CrushAlot wrote:

That’s 3 wins to many. They won a lot of unnecessary games in the beginning. A youth development year turned over to vets. Wasted Year with nothing accomplished players are raw as the first game they walked into. A disgusting lottery position for a supposedly rebuilding team.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
3/22/2018  8:33 AM
Vmart wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

That’s 3 wins to many. They won a lot of unnecessary games in the beginning. A youth development year turned over to vets. Wasted Year with nothing accomplished players are raw as the first game they walked into. A disgusting lottery position for a supposedly rebuilding team.

lets actually think about what you wrote. When KP/THjr were healthy and winning games you were upset? When the Knicks were +500 after all those home wins did you have this attitude? When KP was playing like an all star that bothered you? You are a big salty baby.

3 wins too many! Fire Jeff! Damn those Knicks trying to win games. Damn that KP and his all star season ruining Vmart's lottery hopes and turning it into another wasted season! Vmart you are a funny dude.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
blkexec
Member: #748
3/22/2018  9:22 AM
fishmike wrote:
Vmart wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

lets actually think about what you wrote. When KP/THjr were healthy and winning games you were upset? When the Knicks were +500 after all those home wins did you have this attitude? When KP was playing like an all star that bothered you? You are a big salty baby.

3 wins too many! Fire Jeff! Damn those Knicks trying to win games. Damn that KP and his all star season ruining Vmart's lottery hopes and turning it into another wasted season! Vmart you are a funny dude.

Fish... he sounds like a bulls fan. They are professional tankers because they have that experience. We don't. As soon as we look bad....we usually over pay talent to become average. This year instead of over paying for talent (THj was a mills signing) Perry is using the Gleague and savy trades like Mudiay to add talent.

Since the draft is a crap shoot....u can't use just players to build ur team. That would take a decade. I like how we used young nba talent with potential to grow to fill our bench. Regardless where u pick it's never a sure thing u pick a super star. Majority of teams picking in the first will add roll players with one or two superstars. Well that's what Perry has done so far.... add roll players. We use the draft to find a potential star like bridges from nova.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/22/2018  9:25 AM
fishmike wrote:
Vmart wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

VMart would have wanted a third complete player by trade deadline if we were still contending for a playoff spot.
If we did, he'd complain we burned an asset to get one.
If not, he'd complain we did nothing at the trade deadline.
He blames MIlls for Isiah, Blames mills for phil, blames Mills for dolan, blames mills for hiring mills.
He complains because we had a young team winning.
He blames Mills because we don't suck enough?
When your skull is on fire its hard to make sense.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
3/22/2018  11:49 AM
Vmart wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

That pace is just a little bit better than 12 wins for the season. That pace puts them top 5 all time for losing if it happened over 82 games.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

3/22/2018  11:53 AM
fishmike wrote:
Vmart wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

in fairness, I would say most us thought the record was fool's gold because of how many home games they played, on how terrible they were on the road (well, everyone except the resident Nostradamus eny who would mock anyone that thought it was fool's gold)

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
fishmike
USA
3/22/2018  12:34 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Vmart wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

in fairness, I would say most us thought the record was fool's gold because of how many home games they played, on how terrible they were on the road (well, everyone except the resident Nostradamus eny who would mock anyone that thought it was fool's gold)

totally agree. Should we have tried to lose those games? That is my point. Did the Knicks do something wrong or foolish by winning those games?
Salty Vmart wrote:They won a lot of unnecessary games in the beginning
I mean.. how do you take this text and project to some kind of rational anything from the front office? So they hurt our lottery position. Did we not see KP become an all star during those wins? Did we not see Frank play game changing defense in those wins? Did we not see Harday JR play well during those games and he's currently on pace to have career highs in ppg, assists, steals and rebounds. Beasly is having his best year in the league in 5+ years since his rookie deal. Kanter's first half #s were all career highs... But Vmart would say
Wasted Year with nothing accomplished players are raw as the first game they walked into
which is utterly false. I am not saying you have to love this front office. I am not even defending them, plenty of question marks. But whats the point of dropping the same salty turd on every thread based on made up facts? Its a drag, and those are good for smokes and queens, not Knick message forums.
blkexec
Member: #748
3/22/2018  1:09 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/22/2018  1:12 PM
Knick fans aren't used to tanking, we don't understand how tanking works and when do you start tanking.

Just reading some of the comments in this thread, it sounds like fans would've preferred we started tanking from day 1, eventhough KPs goal was to become an AllStar. Tanking and AllStar doesn't go together.

Fans would prefer we lose every single game, so that we can get all the lottery balls....The problem is this isn't the NFL and in the NBA, the worst team with the most balls (pun intended) is not guaranteed a 1st pick.

Dolan will never allow his management team to try and lose every single game out of 82. Now Mark Cuban on the other hand will. But Dolan is a different business owner. And our version of tanking is exactly what we did once KP went down. Move the vets to the bench and play Gleaguers. What happens when they start playing better? What happens when the Gleague players out play NBA players? Can't control that, but I'm sure a savy manager or owner like Mark Cuban will find a loop hole. Dolan is not that type. But if he hires the right GM (Perry?) then they could sell this plan to Dolan (and they probably already did, which is why Jack is on the bench).

But every year there are fans that will be upset regardless what we do, until we win a chip. 45 yrs and counting. Easy number to remember for me since I was 3 months old during out last chip.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
3/22/2018  2:08 PM
where would we have been without Jarrett Jack? Ramon Sessions was the Tank Answer!

As a player, coach - you can't go out there to lose, and there was no way for us to start Frank at the beginning of the season, let alone now.

I hate losing ping pong balls. I hate that we are probably picking 9 or 10. We need so much more.

But I would have hated to have lost those games early in the year.

The NBA sort of did us a disservice with those early home games - but honest, I saw a team that could have turned it around on the road. We were good. Better than this.

The bottom dropped out. KP fading after 10 games did not help. THjr getting hurt did not help, and then coming back a brick layer did not help.

Too thin, too young to sustain.

fishmike
USA
3/22/2018  2:47 PM
franco12 wrote:where would we have been without Jarrett Jack? Ramon Sessions was the Tank Answer!

As a player, coach - you can't go out there to lose, and there was no way for us to start Frank at the beginning of the season, let alone now.

I hate losing ping pong balls. I hate that we are probably picking 9 or 10. We need so much more.

But I would have hated to have lost those games early in the year.

The NBA sort of did us a disservice with those early home games - but honest, I saw a team that could have turned it around on the road. We were good. Better than this.

The bottom dropped out. KP fading after 10 games did not help. THjr getting hurt did not help, and then coming back a brick layer did not help.

Too thin, too young to sustain.

exactly... really what you are saying is it would be nice to have a shot at the playoffs with this young team and also a shot a top 3 pick. Yes that would be great. How feasible in reality though?

What irritated me is the notion that the Knicks did something wrong by seeing how good they could be and how many games they could win. I mean this is why you play. We learned a lot during that stretch.. good and bad.

Mike1989
Member: #8627

3/22/2018  3:53 PM
Paris907 wrote:At halftime in Chicago, Bulls down to Denver by 29. Yes they are short handed but 29? It will be a bitch to get the 8th pick and yes it makes a big difference this year.

Remaining Games
New York Knicks (26-46): Timberwolves, @Wizards, @Hornets, @76ers, Pistons, Magic, Heat, Bucks, Cavaliers, @Cavaliers

Chicago Bulls (24-47): Milwaukee, @Pistons, @Rockets, @Heat, @Magic, Wizards, Hornets, @Celtics, Nets, @Nets, Pistons

Brooklyn Nets (23-49): @Raptors, Cavaliers, @Magic, @Heat, Pistons, @76ers, @Bucks, @Bulls, Bulls, @Celtics

Sacramento Kings (23-49): Hawks, Celtics, Mavericks, Pacers, Warriors, @Lakers, @Suns, @Grizzlies, @Spurs, Rockets

Dallas Mavericks (22-49): Jazz, Hornets, @Kings, @Lakers, Timberwolves, @Cavaliers, Trail Blazers, @Magic, @Pistons, @76ers, Suns

Orlando Magic (21-50): 76ers, Suns, Nets, Bulls, @Hawks, @Knicks, Mavericks, Hornets, @Ratpors, @Bucks, Wizards

Atlanta Hawks (21-50): @Kings, @Warriors, @Rockets, @Timberwolves, 76ers, Magic, @Heat, Heat, @Wizatds, @Celtics, 76ers

Memphis Grizzlies (19-52): @Hornets, Lakers, @Timberwolves, Trail Blazers, @Jazz, @Trail Blazers, @Pelicans, Kings, Pistons, @Timberwolves, @Thunder

Phoenix Suns (19-53): @Cavaliers, @Magic, Celtic, Clippers, @Rockets, @Warriors, Kings, Pelicans, Warriors, @Mavericks

~~~

If we don't win another game this season it is possible that we could improve our draft seeding if the teams below us win their games against tanking opposition. Chicago have three games against tanking opposition, including back to back games against the Nets. The Nets also have three games against tanking opposition, including two against Chicago. The Kings have four games against tanking opposition and have shown they can pull off an upset. Then there is Orlando who will play six straight games against tanking opposition, I don't envy them on that one because if they put it together they could play themselves out of a top four pick, or if they don't put it together they could secure a top four pick. So I wouldn't rule out the possibility of us still improving our draft standing.

That aside, remember that most mock drafts feature Ayton, Jackson, Bamba, Young, Doncic, Bagley, Porter, and Mikal Bridges in the top ten. There are also prospects like Miles Bridges, Kevin Knox, Wendell Carter, and Collin Sexton that could appeal to teams in the top ten. I do agree that having a higher pick could be beneficial for us, but if we end up drafting 9th overall and picking Wendell Carter, I would not be disappointed by that selection because he does compare to Al Horford, and he would fit nicely next to Porzingis. Likewise I think Kevin Knox has a lot of upside if he develops. Also, as nice as it would be to get another star it would not be the end of the world to get a complimentary piece like a 3-and-D wing. Next season could see us end up with another top ten or even a top five pick depending on how long KP is out and what our roster looks like, so we could add another young player next year as well. Factor in free agency and possible trades and there are multiple ways we could end up building a competitive roster.

knicks1248
Member: #582
3/22/2018  4:15 PM
kuzma pick 27th

or fultz pick #1

it's not where you pick, it's who you pick when the time comes

ES
JrZyHuStLa
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1241

3/22/2018  4:39 PM
knicks1248 wrote:kuzma pick 27th

or fultz pick #1

Said no one ever.

Nalod
USA
3/22/2018  5:03 PM
Win a lot at home, team then struggles on the road then matures over time and squeak with a winning record all the while mixing rooks, youths and low cost short term vets.
Decent plan. Its reasonable to think the team would improve if healthy.
Hardaway going down hurt and we struggled. KP down, we turned into the tank FAST.
That's all new.
Nalod
USA
3/22/2018  5:06 PM
knicks1248 wrote:kuzma pick 27th

or fultz pick #1

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

3/23/2018  5:40 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/23/2018  5:47 AM
fishmike wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Vmart wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

totally agree. Should we have tried to lose those games? That is my point. Did the Knicks do something wrong or foolish by winning those games?
Salty Vmart wrote:They won a lot of unnecessary games in the beginning
I mean.. how do you take this text and project to some kind of rational anything from the front office? So they hurt our lottery position. Did we not see KP become an all star during those wins? Did we not see Frank play game changing defense in those wins? Did we not see Harday JR play well during those games and he's currently on pace to have career highs in ppg, assists, steals and rebounds. Beasly is having his best year in the league in 5+ years since his rookie deal. Kanter's first half #s were all career highs... But Vmart would say
Wasted Year with nothing accomplished players are raw as the first game they walked into
which is utterly false. I am not saying you have to love this front office. I am not even defending them, plenty of question marks. But whats the point of dropping the same salty turd on every thread based on made up facts? Its a drag, and those are good for smokes and queens, not Knick message forums.

What do we have to show for this season? KP becomes an All-star and than predictably tears up his knee ( who couldn't see that coming ). Even Phil Jackson knew he was an injury risk. The whole season adds up to this: Our franchise player had his career projection altered, we pick 9th, find out our high pick PG is a SG, and we are 2 years away from getting out from Noahs deal.
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
BULLS are a tanking machine

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy