[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

We have a process.....
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/15/2018  10:29 AM
https://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/knicks-craig-robinson-in-charge-of-unique-developmental-program-1.17388590

This is one of a few articles today by beat writers on an off day about the knicks Craig Robinson. The former Oregon coach is Michele Obama's brother.
He is in charge of our player development and has alluded we are doing something most teams are not.
He won't say I guess because of competitive reasons but it suggests "a process".
Perhaps it is way too early in "The process" to point to quantifiable progress other than our Dleague if feeding the NBA this season more than others.
Knicks have money but Cap rules prevent us from being stupid about it but we can invest in other ways.
In my opinion we are jumping on developing a form of minor league system that might be more advanced that what some other teams are doing with their newly obtained Gleague teams. Remember, its only in the last year or two that teams are not sharing players with other teams. NBA is laying the ground work and perhaps in the instance the NCAA blows up its rules, it might given the recent FBI findings the Gleague is more structurally integrated to move towards a baseball style feeder.

Long ago in high school one of my close friends had a younger sister that was very much interested in me. Very pretty girl but the family resemblance was strong with all the siblings. Thus I had a hard time kissing this girl because she resembled my friend strongly. My point? Craig Robinson sister looks a lot like him!!!! Michelle is a pretty women, and no doubt Barak is a better man than me, but that is something he got to deal with!
So why didn't Nalod just do the girl? Well, I guess its not cool to just do your best buddy's sister and then bolt! No regrets here, and im still good friends with him! She on the other hand turned out to be a manic depressive and now married for the third time. And the family features are still there!!!!

AUTOADVERT
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
3/15/2018  10:34 AM
I’ll believe the process if and when it bares fruit. Until then it’s just talk.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/15/2018  10:35 AM
Vmart wrote:I’ll believe the process if and when it bares fruit. Until then it’s just talk.

5 starters from the GLeague team are in the NBA. How's the fruit tasting?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Vmart
USA
3/15/2018  10:48 AM
martin wrote:
Vmart wrote:I’ll believe the process if and when it bares fruit. Until then it’s just talk.

Maybe those were 5 players that shouldn’t have been there in the first place. I thought Hayes should have been given a roster spot. Kornet probably makes the team if not for glut at the Center position. Burke I don’t consider him to be a G leaguer. Let’s give credit where credit is due good job. Just maybe the process is in works Phil was pushing the G league development process. I thought Phil team was drafting and adding players well.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
3/15/2018  10:57 AM
Vmart wrote:
martin wrote:

Maybe those were 5 players that shouldn’t have been there in the first place. I thought Hayes should have been given a roster spot. Kornet probably makes the team if not for glut at the Center position. Burke I don’t consider him to be a G leaguer. Let’s give credit where credit is due good job. Just maybe the process is in works Phil was pushing the G league development process. I thought Phil team was drafting and adding players well.

How is Burke not a G leaguer? The bold makes no sense. Everyone in the G league thinks they shouldnt have been there, every one of the them belongs.

What happens when you are not good enough for the NBA, young enough to possibly get there but no team has a commitment (rookie contract) attached to you? That is literally what the league is for. Knicks have done a good job finding worthwhile players to invest development time into. First time.... like ever.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

3/15/2018  11:00 AM
martin wrote:

Thought G League didnt help?

fishmike
USA
3/15/2018  11:01 AM
here's the thing. Not all trees bare fruit. But I can damn sure promise your not getting any fruit if you dont plant any trees. And water em. And prune em... see how that works?
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/15/2018  11:02 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:

It was all about which is better, not if it could help.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

3/15/2018  11:26 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/15/2018  11:26 AM
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:

It was all about which is better, not if it could help.

Believe you asked me why the GLeague last month. Said that I thought that Westchester was doing a good job of developing players. Their track record makes me want to look more closely at what they are doing right, See if they are doing things the Knicks can adopt. Might just be good coacbing.

Nalod
USA
3/15/2018  11:30 AM

Well that does not involve deep thought. at that level, why bother posting at all?
Nobody asked for your faith.
The thing is if you employ a person or a process then there is an expectation of results.
The question is when will it produce fruit? You or I can't answer it.

Nalod
USA
3/15/2018  11:35 AM
fishmike wrote:
here's the thing. Not all trees bare fruit. But I can damn sure promise your not getting any fruit if you dont plant any trees. And water em. And prune em... see how that works?

When you plant trees, they don't produce fruit until they mature. The roots have to grow. Can't see roots grow either.
I planted a tree years ago. For two years it did not grow much. The third year it shot up! Had to grow roots first.
Phucking Tree sucks!!!!
Now I go back to my old house and that tree is too large!!!!
It was a "Popovitch Tree"!!!!!

fishmike
USA
3/15/2018  11:57 AM
https://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/knicks-craig-robinson-in-charge-of-unique-developmental-program-1.17388590
Cartman718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1694

3/15/2018  12:25 PM
The Knicks are building some good mojo, I think.
A connection to Obamas.
Only team where team leadership reflects the percentages of players by race.
There are players who are going to be looking at us and going, I want to play with KP, Frank, Timmy and work under a management that understands me.
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Nalod
USA
3/15/2018  1:41 PM
Cartman718 wrote:The Knicks are building some good mojo, I think.
A connection to Obamas.
There are players who are going to be looking at us and going, I want to play with KP, Frank, Timmy and work under a management that understands me.

You have to start somewhere. Nothing that went from bad to good, to great was ever achieved without doubt. This "process" started with Phil. It was a good idea that did not work. We need not trash everything but refine the process and correct. Kerr was a good idea. Fish was a good idea. It did not work for two reasons, he was not ready and Phil wanted to coach the team via proxy. Lets reiterate so we don't argue about Phil: Nalod knows it did not work and I have no problem with his being "Made gone". We all wanted some open concept fresh from the Pop tree with no history other than being well dressed and a glowing recommendation but one cannot expect the gods to smile on all of Pop's disciples and given him a franchise player the year his franchise center was lost. That's not repeatable!
If anything resembles that potential is our franchise player is out and we are getting a 8-or 9th pick and might be able to get lucky and move up. The gods decide that fate, not an open concept fresh GM fantasy from the Pop tree!
Mills has the taint of Isiah and phil on him but if you look at his resume he is a qualified man in his own right.
Im good to ride this regime out and see what it can do.

Vmart
USA
3/15/2018  5:47 PM
G league is all nice and good but I have a problem with it. My gripe with it is simple some of the playersare under contract and some not. You develop them you cultivate them and they end up playing elsewhere. Hayes ends up with the Lakers is there any compensation for the Knicks for this. The Knicks are going to waste resources on G league and for what so they can play for some other team. I’m more concerned with the main team and how they are developing Ntlikina and Dotson.
knicks1248
Member: #582
3/15/2018  8:28 PM
A connection to Obamas.

lmao

ES
TripleThreat
Member: #3997

3/15/2018  8:38 PM
Vmart wrote:G league is all nice and good but I have a problem with it. My gripe with it is simple some of the playersare under contract and some not. You develop them you cultivate them and they end up playing elsewhere. Hayes ends up with the Lakers is there any compensation for the Knicks for this. The Knicks are going to waste resources on G league and for what so they can play for some other team. I’m more concerned with the main team and how they are developing Ntlikina and Dotson.

Part of the issue is "service time"

In order to retain a G League players rights, there has to be a tradeoff. That means the player is accruing time towards an NBA pension and long term benefits AND gets to vote on league matters for the NBAPA.

Freedom versus Commitment.

Iman Shumpert had the security of AT LEAST two years of GUARANTEED MONEY and SERVICE TIME. The trade off was he was subject to more team control than a UDFA or a 2nd round pick. Guys like Chandler Parsons and Monta Ellis didn't have that guaranteed money in play, but they were able to secure their freedom sooner than the average 1st round pick.

The point of a D/G League from the players side is to actually give those guys the most opportunities possible to play in the NBA.

You cannot simply eliminate all aspects of a free market system. At some point, every player has to have the opportunity to earn the right to enter the free market environment. That the player is subjected to being drafted is enough of a limitation already.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/15/2018  11:08 PM
A connection to Obamas.

What?

RIP Crushalot😞
Cartman718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1694

3/15/2018  11:13 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
A connection to Obamas.

What?

What's your question?
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/15/2018  11:19 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
A connection to Obamas.

What?

What's your question?

It past the stupid barrier so Ill refrain.

RIP Crushalot😞
We have a process.....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy