[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

For all its worth, Dallas is pretty sad!
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/14/2018  8:54 AM
For all the money Dirk has left on the table it’s surprising how bad Dallas is and on paper the roster has some nice “Names” on it. DSjr is a star rising, Norlens? Dirk? Barnes? these guys are suppose to be good!
THey have the Great Rick Carlisle as coach and yet they are simply awful!
Nothing they are doing adds up.
Yet there record is worse than ours.
What does Dallas fans think? Somewhere there is a Maverick1248 and is he/she ranting for Carlisle’s head? Donnie Nelson’s head? A new owner?
Do fans think its time for Dirk to leave?
AUTOADVERT
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

3/14/2018  9:09 AM
There are crazy fans everywhere.... through my experience most NBA fans just like individual players. They will get into heated arguments about individual players.... not so much teams. If they are a fan if the team they just enjoy the Jersey really. Losing is not a big deal outside of new York.... also every fan loves to bash the Knicks. You will find a million knick haters in Dallas before you find a Dallas hater.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
3/14/2018  10:01 AM
Dallas has been one of the more successful franchises since Dirks like 2nd-3rd yr in the league. They have built up a lot of equity. They are probably due for a couple yrs in the lottery as everyone goes though from time to time.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
newyorknewyork
3/14/2018  10:02 AM
Dirk got a lot of love at the garden last night.
blkexec
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #748
3/14/2018  11:24 AM
currently living in dallas.....but even if i didnt. I would say the same thing. NYK fans are very different from any nba fan in the south. Now football on the other hand is a different story. They are just as crazy about football like NY is or used to be about basketball. And I'm talking on all levels. For example....HS football stadiums.. that's right stadiums cost around 60 mil. And that's considered a normal thing to texas locals.
Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
blkexec
3/14/2018  11:24 AM
currently living in dallas.....but even if i didnt. I would say the same thing. NYK fans are very different from any nba fan in the south. Now football on the other hand is a different story. They are just as crazy about football like NY is or used to be about basketball. And I'm talking on all levels. For example....HS football stadiums.. that's right stadiums cost around 60 mil. And that's considered a normal thing to texas locals.
Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/14/2018  11:26 AM
EnySpree wrote:There are crazy fans everywhere.... through my experience most NBA fans just like individual players. They will get into heated arguments about individual players.... not so much teams. If they are a fan if the team they just enjoy the Jersey really. Losing is not a big deal outside of new York.... also every fan loves to bash the Knicks. You will find a million knick haters in Dallas before you find a Dallas hater.

I've never heard that before, liking just players over a team.

We may be more focused on discussing players on a team OVER team v team, but my take was that fans like teams more so than players

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
EnySpree

3/14/2018  12:40 PM
martin wrote:
EnySpree wrote:There are crazy fans everywhere.... through my experience most NBA fans just like individual players. They will get into heated arguments about individual players.... not so much teams. If they are a fan if the team they just enjoy the Jersey really. Losing is not a big deal outside of new York.... also every fan loves to bash the Knicks. You will find a million knick haters in Dallas before you find a Dallas hater.

We may be more focused on discussing players on a team OVER team v team, but my take was that fans like teams more so than players

Other fans are different than we are. We go to war about everything. Say like a Miami fan... half of them don't even know who's on the team. They don't talk about wheeling and dealing like we do.... but they will debate with knick fans about how much we suck or that LeBron is better than Jordan.... that type of thing. No such thing as a diehard heat fan in the way that we call ourselves diehard knick fans

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Swishfm3
Member: #392
3/14/2018  12:51 PM
EnySpree wrote:
martin wrote:

Other fans are different than we are. We go to war about everything. Say like a Miami fan... half of them don't even know who's on the team. They don't talk about wheeling and dealing like we do.... but they will debate with knick fans about how much we suck or that LeBron is better than Jordan.... that type of thing. No such thing as a diehard heat fan in the way that we call ourselves diehard knick fans

I agree with ENY.

Most NBA fans I know do have a certain team that they look out for but, for the most part, they are following certain players and rooting for whatever team they are currently on.

I know PLENTY of Knick fans who are still Knick fans, but now follow OKC since the Melo trade. Same when Durant left to GS..Wade ended up Cleveland, etc.,

Nalod
USA
3/14/2018  1:04 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:Dallas has been one of the more successful franchises since Dirks like 2nd-3rd yr in the league. They have built up a lot of equity. They are probably due for a couple yrs in the lottery as everyone goes though from time to time.

Rondo trade was an outright fiasco!
Barnes got big money!
Norlens trade a big dud. Thankfully for them the kid rejected the contract.
Carlisle is tough. Good for him!
DeAndre jordan free agent signing was a debacle.
Sometimes we think we the only team that is not a mess.

blkexec
3/14/2018  1:21 PM
Nalod wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:Dallas has been one of the more successful franchises since Dirks like 2nd-3rd yr in the league. They have built up a lot of equity. They are probably due for a couple yrs in the lottery as everyone goes though from time to time.

Barnes got big money!

NY media plays a part in that.....They drive some of these story lines and fans run with it.

But I agree with you....we are not the only screwed franchise....and now in this superteam era, there are even more teams scrambling to build a championship or clear cap space for their own super team.

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

3/14/2018  1:27 PM

This!!!...They had a run over Dirks prime years of multiple 50+ wins, deep playoff runs and a championship. Difficult to maintain that level especially when your franchise player gets old. Either way, Knick fans would kill for a run like that...

Uptown
Member: #1883

3/14/2018  1:30 PM
Swishfm3 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
martin wrote:

I agree with ENY.

Most NBA fans I know do have a certain team that they look out for but, for the most part, they are following certain players and rooting for whatever team they are currently on.

I know PLENTY of Knick fans who are still Knick fans, but now follow OKC since the Melo trade. Same when Durant left to GS..Wade ended up Cleveland, etc.,

100%...This new generation of sports fans are different...I teach in a HS and most if not all of my students follow players (KD, Lebron, Lillard, etc) but are not fans of the team...

Panos
Member: #520
3/14/2018  1:36 PM
Here after, the title of this thread will be abbreviated:
"For t worth, Dallas!"
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/14/2018  1:46 PM
Nalod wrote:

Barnes got big money!

You forgot to mention all of the sexual harassment stuff that is careening through the FO

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Nalod
USA
3/14/2018  2:04 PM
Uptown wrote:

This!!!...They had a run over Dirks prime years of multiple 50+ wins, deep playoff runs and a championship. Difficult to maintain that level especially when your franchise player gets old. Either way, Knick fans would kill for a run like that...

Remember, Dallas picked 5th and took Robert "tractor" Traylor, traded him for Dirk who Milwaukee took at 9th and the rights to Pat Garrity (picked 19th). Pat played 9 years avged 13 and 5. Nice career. He was traded as part of the deal that Mavs made to get Steve Nash from PHX.
Also remember Dirk needed some time to mature. We forget other teams and their fans use something called "patience". This unique phenomena requires a familiarity with history and intelligence when it applies to fans of sports teams. Traylor was a bust and the end of the fat guy fad was soon to end.

Garity, Muursap, bubba wells and no. 1 pick that turned into Shawn marion.
A bit of history, The Suns send Anfernee Hardaway, Stephon Marbury and Cezary Trybanski to the New York Knicks for Charlie Ward, Antonio McDyess, Howard Eisley, Maciej Lampe, Milos Vujanic, a 2004 first round pick (Kirk Snyder) and a 2010 first round pick (Gordon Hayward). Suns then have cap space to sign Nash as a free agent where he becomes a twice MVP.
The Vujanic Era was awesome!!!

Lampe? Funny, he is still only 33 and played in China this past season.

MS
Member: #724
3/14/2018  2:07 PM
Really interesting that free agents don't want to play in Dallas. Great city, low taxes, history of ownership taking care of there players and have state of the art facilities.

They just have thrown big money at average players like Barnes and Wes Matthews. Must be a hangover from not brining back Kidd and Chandler after there championship.

newyorknewyork
3/14/2018  2:59 PM
martin wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Barnes got big money!

You forgot to mention all of the sexual harassment stuff that is careening through the FO

Dirk has probably allowed them to get away with a lot of their flaws due to the success they were able to achieve.

They got rid of Nash to early. Have overpaid for players like Parsons, Barnes, Matthews. To add to the list that Nalod started.

But like Blexec stated they take football way more serious than bball in TX. They don't have the pressure NY does.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
3/14/2018  4:58 PM
MS wrote:Really interesting that free agents don't want to play in Dallas. Great city, low taxes, history of ownership taking care of there players and have state of the art facilities.

They just have thrown big money at average players like Barnes and Wes Matthews. Must be a hangover from not brining back Kidd and Chandler after there championship.

No state income tax is a huge perk. Despite the troubles in the front office, players have always raved about how they were treated in Dallas. With the west as strong as it is, it might benefit them to be bad for another year.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
EnySpree

3/14/2018  8:03 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/14/2018  8:28 PM
Uptown wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
martin wrote:

I agree with ENY.

100%...This new generation of sports fans are different...I teach in a HS and most if not all of my students follow players (KD, Lebron, Lillard, etc) but are not fans of the team...

Things are different. I just can't wear another teams gear. I can't wear another players signature shoe if they are a rival to my team. As a kid I didn't wear Jordan's because of that. I didn't buy Barkleys sneakers because of his beef with Oakley. I wouldn't even wear other team hats... if I did it would just be a Yankees hat but in a different color lol. Now it doesn't matter. It's more idolizing whoever is hot. Like LeBron is the best player, but **** that dude man. Just because im a fan.... but you get labeled a hater if you do that now.

You know I stopped following Melo on social media immediately after we traded him? Why? He's not a knick anymore. I don't care about what he's doing now. That's just how I am. I'm not thinking of McDerm either for that matter. I'm Knicks all day

For all its worth, Dallas is pretty sad!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy