[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Tank thread: Dirk's possible last game at the garden
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

3/13/2018  9:49 AM
I actually might try to go to this game tonight... just really dawned on me that this would be last chance to see Dirk play live
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/13/2018  11:42 AM
PLEASE LOSE THIS GAME!
RIP Crushalot😞
fitzfarm
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3285

3/13/2018  11:53 AM
BRIGGS wrote:PLEASE LOSE THIS GAME!

Yes this is a must lose game!

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/13/2018  1:36 PM
EnySpree wrote:I actually might try to go to this game tonight... just really dawned on me that this would be last chance to see Dirk play live
Im not sure this would count!
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
3/13/2018  1:52 PM
I bought tickets for this thing a while back for that Frank vs Smith matchup.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
knicks1248
Member: #582
3/13/2018  2:00 PM
fitzfarm wrote:

must continue to develop our youngsters in a losing culture, who wants to see the young guys playing well and winning. That makes zero sense right?...smh

ES
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

3/13/2018  2:02 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:I bought tickets for this thing a while back for that Frank vs Smith matchup.

If they're both playing SG, it will be, heh heh.

That would be great. Hopefully Frank showing he can get to the rim as well. Im sure he doesnt want DSJ to have all the fun.

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
3/13/2018  2:21 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:I bought tickets for this thing a while back for that Frank vs Smith matchup.

That would be great. Hopefully Frank showing he can get to the rim as well. Im sure he doesnt want DSJ to have all the fun.

Its lost a lot of its steam since I first bought the tix. But should still be fun.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
dodger78
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #250
Germany
3/13/2018  2:31 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:

must continue to develop our youngsters in a losing culture, who wants to see the young guys playing well and winning. That makes zero sense right?...smh

If you hace to chose between talent or culture to rebuild a team from scratch like the Knicks I will chose talent first and build the culture from within later!!!

You want to build a culture in a team where only 2-4 players are really in the future plans of the franchise? Instead of adding franchise calibre talent?!?

GustavBahler

3/13/2018  2:38 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Its lost a lot of its steam since I first bought the tix. But should still be fun.

Maybe as far as hype, but Frank vs DSJ at the 2 might turn out to be be an old school playground battle. I believe the odds are more in Frank's favor this time. We'll see.

Have fun. Miss those giant soft pretzels, lol.

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

3/13/2018  4:46 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:

i know you dont believe in building through the draft but wins at this point of the season do absolutely nothing besides killing our chances of adding a young impact player into the young core
KP4Life
Member: #6117
USA
3/13/2018  4:54 PM
is this the tank championship for the eastern conference?
TripleThreat
Member: #3997

3/13/2018  6:05 PM
knicks1248 wrote:must continue to develop our youngsters in a losing culture, who wants to see the young guys playing well and winning. That makes zero sense right?...smh

What youngsters?

Zinger is hurt.
Hernangomez was traded.
Kanter, Mudiay and Burke are outside their prime developmental window. They are "young" relative to life OUTSIDE OF THE NBA but in the NBA they are likely peaked in terms of any kind of real development.
Dotson and Kornet, those kind of guys are raw and they aren't getting minutes for a reason. They are just not prepared to really be in an NBA rotation right now.
Ntilikina is processing through more minutes against the highest level competition in the world as a teenager. Pushing him any harder risks injury.

You can't scream "DEVELOPMENT!" at the top of your lungs without any real context.

Context actually matters.

The NBA system has NO OTHER PRACTICAL MECHANISM TO GET BETTER LONG TERM.

Every rare example is an anomaly to the market structure or some rare exception to the rule in general. ( i.e. Shaq to LA, LBJ to the Heat, etc)

TripleThreat
Member: #3997

3/13/2018  6:21 PM
EnySpree wrote:I actually might try to go to this game tonight... just really dawned on me that this would be last chance to see Dirk play live

League and the NBAPA will watch closely when Dirk retires.

Over the course of his Mavs career, he's left over 100+ million in potential earnings on the table. That's pretty staggering. Other players like Duncan have left money on the table, but not to this degree. It's caused friction in the NBAPA ( they want all players to juice out the max contracts possible at all times) and some of the other owners ( i.e. it's pretty evident Mark Cuban is going to give Dirk a soft landing post career as a form of "repayment")

They can't do anything to players already in the league. Once you retire, you are no longer held to provisions in the CBA aside from the pension/service time sections.

But the league can make post retirement activities that circumvent the cap to be a condition to be drafted in the first place. I.E. you don't have to abide, but neither do you have to be considered draft eligible.

With more teams toploading ( Warriors, Timberwolves, Rockets, etc) this is going to be a bigger problem. Teams have more incentive now to try to avoid the repeater tax and try to entice franchise players to take some kind of handshake back end deal.

The next labor war will be bloody. We might see the NBA in a lockout for over a year. Maybe two.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

3/13/2018  7:16 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:must continue to develop our youngsters in a losing culture, who wants to see the young guys playing well and winning. That makes zero sense right?...smh

What youngsters?

Zinger is hurt.
Hernangomez was traded.
Kanter, Mudiay and Burke are outside their prime developmental window. They are "young" relative to life OUTSIDE OF THE NBA but in the NBA they are likely peaked in terms of any kind of real development.
Dotson and Kornet, those kind of guys are raw and they aren't getting minutes for a reason. They are just not prepared to really be in an NBA rotation right now.
Ntilikina is processing through more minutes against the highest level competition in the world as a teenager. Pushing him any harder risks injury.

You can't scream "DEVELOPMENT!" at the top of your lungs without any real context.

Context actually matters.

The NBA system has NO OTHER PRACTICAL MECHANISM TO GET BETTER LONG TERM.

Every rare example is an anomaly to the market structure or some rare exception to the rule in general. ( i.e. Shaq to LA, LBJ to the Heat, etc)

It's never mattered to him. This dude is just going to repeat the same **** day in day out. That's his shtick just ignore him. He could barely contain himself all those years when Melo was sulking his way to a winning culture - he really misses those days.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

3/13/2018  7:40 PM
Becca in black.
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
ScoreBot
3/13/2018  7:44 PM
Q1 10:53
NYK 2 DAL 3
ScoreBot
3/13/2018  7:46 PM
Q1 9:50
NYK 3 DAL 3
GustavBahler

3/13/2018  7:46 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:Becca in black.

Naughty Librarian

ScoreBot
3/13/2018  7:48 PM
Q1 8:39
NYK 8 DAL 5
Tank thread: Dirk's possible last game at the garden

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy