[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

KP looking like he’s going to come back STRONGER!
Author Thread
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
3/8/2018  7:18 PM

Just looking at KP he looks visibly thicker. I suspect he’s committed to building up his body which could be in preparation for a move to playing more Center.

AUTOADVERT
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

3/8/2018  7:32 PM
No. He. Doesnt....

He's likely not lifting heavy considering he just had surgery on a turn acl. If he looks visibly thicker to you after a month that is not a good sign. Let's give him a few months before we start getting excited about his progress.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
nixluva
USA
3/8/2018  7:39 PM
YES HE DOES look thicker!!! I don’t know what you’re looking at but his shoulders, neck and face are clearly fuller. Not running will allow him to keep more mass even if he isn’t lifting heavy.

My guess is he’s probably ready to accept that he will need to move to playing more Center. Chasing guys around the perimeter won’t be good for his knees. Better to get stronger and play as a Rim Protecting, Post Up Center.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
3/8/2018  7:53 PM
nixluva wrote:YES HE DOES look thicker!!! I don’t know what you’re looking at but his shoulders, neck and face are clearly fuller. Not running will allow him to keep more mass even if he isn’t lifting heavy.

My guess is he’s probably ready to accept that he will need to move to playing more Center. Chasing guys around the perimeter won’t be good for his knees. Better to get stronger and play as a Rim Protecting, Post Up Center.

Thats not really a good look for him as you saw with your own 2 eyes, that he becomes melo. Dude Nobody in the league is posting up like that no more, yeah you see a few post up's here and there, but c mon now...

He's the unicorn because he's a finise 7 3" big man that is really good from the perimeter, I want KP to be more like KD not hakeem, hes a perimeter player.

ES
reub
Member: #6227

3/8/2018  8:55 PM
I just sent KP a video of Kareem making a career off of the sky hook. KP needs to bring this with him when he comes back from his injury instead of trying to dribble drive through entire defenses.
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

3/8/2018  8:58 PM
reub wrote:I just sent KP a video of Kareem making a career off of the sky hook. KP needs to bring this with him when he comes back from his injury instead of trying to dribble drive through entire defenses.

Yes!!! I want to see him at 300 lbs like shaq with his agility and touch he’d be the greatest!!

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

3/8/2018  10:03 PM
reub wrote:I just sent KP a video of Kareem making a career off of the sky hook. KP needs to bring this with him when he comes back from his injury instead of trying to dribble drive through entire defenses.

LOL..I did the same thing during the off-season.

Maybe you have better luck. Pretty sure it was a YouTube instructional video...not sure, though.

We need someone to send it to him with a message in Latvian.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
WaltLongmire

3/8/2018  10:07 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:YES HE DOES look thicker!!! I don’t know what you’re looking at but his shoulders, neck and face are clearly fuller. Not running will allow him to keep more mass even if he isn’t lifting heavy.

Thats not really a good look for him as you saw with your own 2 eyes, that he becomes melo. Dude Nobody in the league is posting up like that no more, yeah you see a few post up's here and there, but c mon now...

He's the unicorn because he's a finise 7 3" big man that is really good from the perimeter, I want KP to be more like KD not hakeem, hes a perimeter player.

Fine line here... if he gets stronger he can also get quicker, but he has to find an optimum weight and body fat, beyond which he slows down. I'm looking at 250-255 lbs but very little bf.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

3/8/2018  10:27 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:

Maybe you have better luck. Pretty sure it was a YouTube instructional video...not sure, though.

We have a Latvian dude here, Gdris

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Zebo13
Member: #6434
USA
3/8/2018  11:39 PM
He’s goin swole patrol Ivan Drago style!
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

3/8/2018  11:49 PM
Briggs?

When KP looks like that a couple of hours after he hits the gym....

Hard to put too much stock in pics taken during a workout.

Still glad that KP isnt using his injury as an excuse not to work on other areas.

Gudris
Member: #6213

3/9/2018  2:02 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

We have a Latvian dude here, Gdris

I am not the only one Latvian here :)
Gudris

3/9/2018  2:40 AM
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
3/9/2018  7:40 AM
he needs to work on his endurance as much as anything else.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/9/2018  9:23 AM
nixluva wrote:

Just looking at KP he looks visibly thicker. I suspect he’s committed to building up his body which could be in preparation for a move to playing more Center.

Nix, I dig your positive spins.
Do you think in one month he has really worked out enough to change his body enough? I admit, the photo makes him look transformed but logic says no.

Gudris

3/9/2018  9:32 AM
Nalod wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Do you think in one month he has really worked out enough to change his body enough? I admit, the photo makes him look transformed but logic says no.

it is very logic, the muscles can grow a long time after load, all he needs to do is eat and sleep, he was bulky when the season started, but then quickly loosed weight because of too much cardio load.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/9/2018  10:26 AM
Gudris wrote:
Nalod wrote:
nixluva wrote:

it is very logic, the muscles can grow a long time after load, all he needs to do is eat and sleep, he was bulky when the season started, but then quickly loosed weight because of too much cardio load.

sounds good to me! “Drago” he is!

WaltLongmire

3/9/2018  11:37 AM
His body will also harden simply through physical maturation...And he will become stronger and look stronger, even without the weights, but this will speed things up.

Frank will go through the same process, and he was even more immature physically than KP during his rookie year...something many around here don't seem to comprehend and consider.

nixluva
USA
3/9/2018  2:17 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:His body will also harden simply through physical maturation...And he will become stronger and look stronger, even without the weights, but this will speed things up.

Frank will go through the same process, and he was even more immature physically than KP during his rookie year...something many around here don't seem to comprehend and consider.

Yeah it's as if some have forgotten how much they matured physically from 19 to 23. A LOT changes in that span of time for men. Some guys are just genetically slim guys that can't easily bulk up but KP's brothers look like they have filled out and I suspect he KP will also get thicker as he matures even without going hard at the weights.

As for KP losing some of the traits that made him special that's actually not necessarily the case. Football players demonstrate that you can still have great speed, agility and explosion even as you put on muscle. FUNCTIONAL muscle weight is not the same as just getting fatter. KP could actually get more athletic. I just don't think he's destined to be a perimeter big as he matures. That's going to be unsustainable IMO. I Think the ACL will mean he's better off not having to make exaggerated changes of direction like you do chasing smaller and quicker players. KP at Center would help him not have to cover so much ground all the time.

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
3/9/2018  5:17 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/9/2018  5:17 PM
Gudris wrote:
Nalod wrote:
nixluva wrote:

You mean cardio from basketball? Then it's just going to come off again.
KP looking like he’s going to come back STRONGER!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy