[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Glass is not half full! Its not empty either!
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/7/2018  11:26 AM
No doubt we a cranky group. Win, we upset the tank.
Lose, upset because play is not good.

Last nite I tuned in. Got in bed and put the game on. Mrs Nalod asked why? If I wanted to be upset why not clean the basement or something.
Instead I saw a close game turn to a 13 pt lead for Portland, then the typical third quarter melt.
I fell asleep sometime either before the 4th or just into it.
Wife asked me what happened:

Saw frank make a couple good plays, how easy the buckets look for Beas at times, Mudiay is JR Smith on a sunday after noon game after staring at Rihanna's arse the night before, Kanter is reincarnated Sven Nater spirit, and Timmy will be ok if he is not the only one that can hit a jumper! Team got humbled by Portland back court.
I get why Lance is on the court and I really want to know who has the hots to trade for Dotson? Article said nothing.

To me Frank looks like a little kid out there but when he hit his jumper after a fake, it was just smooth and easy. His in the paint shot was not pretty, but neither is tony parker when he is there. His steals are prettier than his failed penetrations.......
I see NBA plays. Not enough to be excited, but enough to "get it".

I know Mudiay was dumped so Im not expecting much. Im looking for a break in the clouds and few rays of good plays.
I know the weather forcast is "cloudy" so when those rays come thru I like it.
The glass is not half full, but its not empty either.
Im watching a quarter full glass.

AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
3/7/2018  11:38 AM
Frank is going to be a really good role player in time. His jumper is smooth and his hands are everywhere on defense. He is excellent both man to man and on the helpside. We know he won't be a star, but i have a lot of faith in him as an elite role player combo guard.
Nalod
USA
3/7/2018  11:54 AM
Knixkik wrote:Frank is going to be a really good role player in time. His jumper is smooth and his hands are everywhere on defense. He is excellent both man to man and on the helpside. We know he won't be a star, but i have a lot of faith in him as an elite role player combo guard.

I never saw clyde as rookie but his numbers at age 22-23 were not great. 1968 h
Clyde became not because of his numbers, they were good and he had a nice career, he was HOF top 50 (that list is old now!!) because they won and he had Clutch MVP moments. The style and New York Cool was legend build on winning.
Walter Fraziers Rookie year did not give us the sign of what was to come. We did not see "Clyde" until he was 24-25. Winning gave him the swag!!!

My point is Frank will never be clyde because that's a bygone era, but there is no ceiling to him in my mind. Im not labeling him a "Role Player" because he has not lite the world on fire his rookie year. We like to slot rookies like others. For instance Dennis smith jr is "Steve Francis" or "Marbury", Ingram can be Durant, etc.
Frank is French so we label him Tony Parker. Tony was a great 19 year old but he had quite the roster around him!!!
We'll all find out in time..........Role player, all star, or bust???

blkexec
Member: #748
3/7/2018  2:02 PM
Nalod wrote:
Knixkik wrote:Frank is going to be a really good role player in time. His jumper is smooth and his hands are everywhere on defense. He is excellent both man to man and on the helpside. We know he won't be a star, but i have a lot of faith in him as an elite role player combo guard.

I never saw clyde as rookie but his numbers at age 22-23 were not great. 1968 h
Clyde became not because of his numbers, they were good and he had a nice career, he was HOF top 50 (that list is old now!!) because they won and he had Clutch MVP moments. The style and New York Cool was legend build on winning.
Walter Fraziers Rookie year did not give us the sign of what was to come. We did not see "Clyde" until he was 24-25. Winning gave him the swag!!!

My point is Frank will never be clyde because that's a bygone era, but there is no ceiling to him in my mind. Im not labeling him a "Role Player" because he has not lite the world on fire his rookie year. We like to slot rookies like others. For instance Dennis smith jr is "Steve Francis" or "Marbury", Ingram can be Durant, etc.
Frank is French so we label him Tony Parker. Tony was a great 19 year old but he had quite the roster around him!!!
We'll all find out in time..........Role player, all star, or bust???

I don't like labels....for other personal reasons. I definitely don't like labels on rookies.

But what I'm realizing is why phill or knicks are ok with selecting Frank at 8. At a minimum Frank can and will be a great rotational player due to his 2way skill set. So it was a safe pick. vs Mudiay was a bust or boom pick. I don't think Mudiay is a bust. He's just below other pepples expectations.

Personally I think he's mentally weak or raw.....and he may not reach his potential until late on his career.

Frank may have low PG or SG skills.....but he's mentally tough.

Your mental IQ and toughness is what I look at in a person. Mudiay needs to understand this is his best opportunity to find his niche. Maybe he's not a starter....who knows. But his size and age still holds value.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
3/7/2018  4:52 PM
the Knick glass is broken and can never be filled!

We need to get lucky on a draft.

We need a top pick. Like the first. Like the best talent in the draft.

And we probably need that for at least 2 more years before we start to make a dent.

Honestly, we need Adam Silver to make an exception for one of the more valuable franchises in the league - have him tell the other owners - it's in their best interest to have a NY team that can compete and excel, and not suck.

I'm tired of being a fan.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

3/7/2018  9:48 PM
franco12 wrote:the Knick glass is broken and can never be filled!

And we probably need that for at least 2 more years before we start to make a dent.

Honestly, we need Adam Silver to make an exception for one of the more valuable franchises in the league - have him tell the other owners - it's in their best interest to have a NY team that can compete and excel, and not suck.

The problem is the league is fine with us being terrible and we still sell out

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
markvmc
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1797

3/7/2018  10:42 PM
franco12 wrote:the Knick glass is broken and can never be filled!

Focus on the positive. Remember all of that heartbreak in the 90s? No chance of that any time soon.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
3/9/2018  11:52 AM
Funny, the only way to apparently get back to the heartbreak of the '90's is for another 'frozen envelope' type conspiracy:

Adam fixes the balls.
We get the #1.
Perry pounds the table, ala Dave D!
Dolan starphucques us at head coach by hiring Ewing.
We spend the 2020's losing to the next MJ.

Nalod
USA
3/9/2018  2:11 PM
How does one freeze an envelope for a period of time?
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

3/9/2018  4:10 PM
There is no glass Nalod...
Nalod
USA
3/9/2018  4:14 PM
GustavBahler wrote:There is no glass Nalod...

Glass is not half full! Its not empty either!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy