[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

My God Mudiay is awful
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/6/2018  11:46 PM
Bust of a trade. Ill accept it as a fan--we didnt pay that much but whatever we gave up--it was too much.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
3/6/2018  11:54 PM
It was a good gamble, but you're right, he's looking really bad.
BRIGGS
3/7/2018  12:03 AM
Knixkik wrote:It was a good gamble, but you're right, he's looking really bad.

Im still not sure about cost--did we give up a 2? and what did we get for Willy again?

RIP Crushalot😞
colorfl1
Member: #731
Canada
3/7/2018  12:15 AM
Mudiay is woefully out of shape. I wouldn't make a judgment on anything he does this stretch.
Give him an off-season to get in game shape and work on the hitch in his shot, he will surprise you.
BRIGGS
3/7/2018  12:18 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/7/2018  12:19 AM
colorfl1 wrote:Mudiay is woefully out of shape. I wouldn't make a judgment on anything he does this stretch.
Give him an off-season to get in game shape and work on the hitch in his shot, he will surprise you.

The guy at the YMCA is woefully out of shape but he can still F shoot it. The guy cant shoot a basketball--BIG problem. How many years has Mudiay been in this league now---that hitch is going nowhere. I want to root for the guy but hes not going places.

RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
3/7/2018  12:25 AM
The good part here is he stinks so bad--we can continue to lose. The downside is we need much more true help.
RIP Crushalot😞
reub
Member: #6227

3/7/2018  1:22 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
colorfl1 wrote:Mudiay is woefully out of shape. I wouldn't make a judgment on anything he does this stretch.

The guy at the YMCA is woefully out of shape but he can still F shoot it. The guy cant shoot a basketball--BIG problem. How many years has Mudiay been in this league now---that hitch is going nowhere. I want to root for the guy but hes not going places.

This trade makes me question Perry's competence. Why didn't he just sign Tony Wroten?
BRIGGS
3/7/2018  1:32 AM
reub wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

This trade makes me question Perry's competence. Why didn't he just sign Tony Wroten?

The Post reported this week that Perry inquired about the Magic’s Elfrid Payton, who is in a similar mold to the 6-foot-5 Mudiay. Payton was traded Thursday to the Suns for a second-round pick.

“The Knicks feel Mudiay is similar to Elfrid but has better talent potential,” said one NBA executive who has spoken to the club’s brass.

This is Steve Mills--he wanted Mudiay over KP at the draft too.

RIP Crushalot😞
smackeddog
Member: #883
3/7/2018  1:52 AM
BRIGGS wrote:Bust of a trade. Ill accept it as a fan--we didnt pay that much but whatever we gave up--it was too much.

A week or two ago you started a thread saying you liked all our point guards

BRIGGS
3/7/2018  2:05 AM
smackeddog wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Bust of a trade. Ill accept it as a fan--we didnt pay that much but whatever we gave up--it was too much.

When you're a fan first-- you wear Rose colored glasses. We don't have 1 starting pg-- I think Burke can be counted as a decent type back up. I didn't know Mudiay was this bad-- I mean he stinks-- terrible. I've tried to be patient but he's just getting worse

RIP Crushalot😞
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/7/2018  2:17 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

When you're a fan first-- you wear Rose colored glasses. We don't have 1 starting pg-- I think Burke can be counted as a decent type back up. I didn't know Mudiay was this bad-- I mean he stinks-- terrible. I've tried to be patient but he's just getting worse

LOL you don’t know how to be patient

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
3/7/2018  5:06 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/7/2018  5:07 AM
Trey Burke is solid but I don't think the team trusts him to start because of defense and his tendency to call his own number a little too much. BRIGGS "the man of ever changing opinions" is right. Mudiay looks awful. The guy can't shoot and can't play defense. I am still holding out hope Frank develops into a starter. The kid has promise. He just needs to take his game up 2-3 levels, which I think will happen. The reason we did not get Payton is because we would have had to pay him this summer and the Knicks did not want that obligation.
Trust the Process
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

3/7/2018  5:50 AM
BRIGGS wrote:

He's definately unprofessional in his polish but it's annoying how you go straight to bust of a trade when we got him for McDermott...Derm was supposed to be a shooter and he was terrible too.

Mudiay has had his share of good games and plays so far. If you expect him to be a world beater today then you will be disappointed. He does have a good base to work with, so he can get better. His ceiling is still very high. He's got work to doo just like the rest of our young guards

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

3/7/2018  5:51 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
reub wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

The Post reported this week that Perry inquired about the Magic’s Elfrid Payton, who is in a similar mold to the 6-foot-5 Mudiay. Payton was traded Thursday to the Suns for a second-round pick.

“The Knicks feel Mudiay is similar to Elfrid but has better talent potential,” said one NBA executive who has spoken to the club’s brass.

This is Steve Mills--he wanted Mudiay over KP at the draft too.

Isn't that a true statement though? Mudiay does have the better talent potential

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
KP4Life
Member: #6117
USA
3/7/2018  6:57 AM
It wasn't a bad trade cause it was good for the tank. Plus you guys really need to look long term. Frank has look good in flashes. Nobody in nyc has patience. Even if mudiay was good does it matter this year? We are tanking. We want him to be bad. I mean if we get low enough we could even take Trae Young. Frank can easily be a 3 and D 2. Is it really that bad if he isn't a pg?
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
3/7/2018  7:19 AM
we don't need Trey, Mudiay and Frank to become anything better than the best player they can become.

I'm not trying to sound like nix, but our franchise talent is KP.

Regardless, we're still short of star power and have to get lucky this draft, or we'll be a mediocre team for a long time.

I like Mudiay. He's shown flashes. But, yes, he needs to work on his shot in a big way. I hope we have a support program in place for him, and really everyone. The team is their record.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/7/2018  8:00 AM
Mudiay is playing awful of late.
Not impressive.
He was traded at a great discount to his draft position for a reason.
Mills wanted him over KP? Is this really a fact?
He plays like JR smith on Syrup. Wild. The shot is flat. He has to fix it.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
3/7/2018  8:05 AM
BRIGGS wrote:

Im still not sure about cost--did we give up a 2? and what did we get for Willy again?

We swapped 2nd round picks which might cost us a few spots. Not really a concern though. We basically gave up nothing.

VCoug
Member: #1406

3/7/2018  9:55 AM
EnySpree wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

He's definately unprofessional in his polish but it's annoying how you go straight to bust of a trade when we got him for McDermott...Derm was supposed to be a shooter and he was terrible too.

Mudiay has had his share of good games and plays so far. If you expect him to be a world beater today then you will be disappointed. He does have a good base to work with, so he can get better. His ceiling is still very high. He's got work to doo just like the rest of our young guards

Mudiay definitely hasn't had his share of good games, he's been possibly the worst player on the team. And what good base does he have? He doesn't do anything well.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
VCoug
Member: #1406

3/7/2018  9:58 AM
Knixkik wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

We swapped 2nd round picks which might cost us a few spots. Not really a concern though. We basically gave up nothing.

We didn't swap 2nd, we gave one up: http://www.prosportstransactions.com/basketball/Search/SearchResults.php?Player=Mudiay&Team=&BeginDate=2018-02-08&EndDate=2018-02-08&PlayerMovementChkBx=yes&Submit=Search

Not like it's a disaster of a trade but it wasn't a good one.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
My God Mudiay is awful

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy