[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Daymean Dotson a trade target
Author Thread
Paris907
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6099
USA
3/4/2018  8:00 AM
Several media outlets are reporting that several teams are looking at Dotson now that he’s 3rd on the depth chart behind Frank and Timmy. Is it an issue? Sure it is. Pity Timmy isn’t the trade target.
AUTOADVERT
Paris907
USA
3/4/2018  8:07 AM
https://clutchpoints.com/knicks-rumors-damyean-dotson-garners-offseason-trade-target/amp/
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

3/4/2018  8:15 AM
Paris907 wrote:Several media outlets are reporting that several teams are looking at Dotson now that he’s 3rd on the depth chart behind Frank and Timmy. Is it an issue? Sure it is. Pity Timmy isn’t the trade target.

Can't believe everything you read. Just a week ago Frank was the point guard of the future. Now he's the 2 guard of the future... so now Dotson is on the hot seat and nobody cares about Jarrett Jack anymore.

Hardaway and Lee could very well be on the hot seat too. Makes sense to think about keeping Dotson and moving Timmy and Lee contract. The Knicks are going to really be in the market to sign people in 2019. I like the idea of having Mudiay, Frank, Burke and Dotson in the back court rotation. We could really look to upgrade the talent in the forwards. Very exciting thought process there. Streamline the salary on the roster and look to match the front court with the backcourt as far as youth and talent. 2019 after KP comes back is where we feast on free agency.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
3/4/2018  8:20 AM
It's an issue that teams are interested in our rookie taken in the 2nd round while he still has 2 more years on his contract?

Not every young player is gonna pull a Willy...I may want to rephrase that.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/4/2018  9:22 AM
Fascinating that he garners interest from multiple teams.
Maybe we can get a lottery pick for him?
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
3/4/2018  9:41 AM
We should be able to trade Lee in the off season, which allow Timmy to play his natural position at the 2 and free up minutes for Dotson and Frank to play at the 2. Once Frank hopefully grows and inch and gains 15 pounds, he probably could play some 3 with his long arms. I would keep Dotson for now and see how he develops.
Trust the Process
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
3/4/2018  10:53 AM
Paris907 wrote:Several media outlets are reporting that several teams are looking at Dotson now that he’s 3rd on the depth chart behind Frank and Timmy. Is it an issue? Sure it is. Pity Timmy isn’t the trade target.
I think they have done a nice job with Dotson getting him minutes with Westchester. Things change when your lottery pick point guard might be a 2 guard and the team needs to bring in more point guards. I think the Knicks will keep Dotson. Not sure how the back court log jam will shake out, but similar to having 4 centers, 4 point guards means someone isn't going to play in the back court. With KP, I think the Knicks need a guard that rebounds like Dotson.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
3/4/2018  11:02 AM
He has 2 more yrs on his contract at under 2 mil. Then we will have a bird rights. And he will only get better with more seasoning. There is 0 reason to trade him now unless blown away.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
3/4/2018  11:14 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
I think they have done a nice job with Dotson getting him minutes with Westchester. Things change when your lottery pick point guard might be a 2 guard and the team needs to bring in more point guards. I think the Knicks will keep Dotson. Not sure how the back court log jam will shake out, but similar to having 4 centers, 4 point guards means someone isn't going to play in the back court. With KP, I think the Knicks need a guard that rebounds like Dotson.

I believe the depth that Frank brought that he could possibly play multiple positions. Or the possible fall back that he would be a 3 & D 2ndary ball handling guard if he wasn't an all star PG is part of what made him a lotto pick. While a player like Monk if he doesn't become efficient at what he currently does he has no real depth, no fall back.

This may be the edge they gave Frank over Micthell thinking about it. They probably measured the downside and said if Mitchell doesn't pan out as a starting caliber PG then he is an undersized SG who wasn't guaranteed to be super efficient. While with Frank they may have measured that if he doesn't pan out as a starting caliber PG. He still has the frame, defense, and at the draft considered to have a solid jumper.

These are all just guesses though.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
reub
Member: #6227

3/4/2018  1:00 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

Thanks, Phil!
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
3/4/2018  1:00 PM
Positions are pretty much pointless now. If Frank is the 2 of the future then Hardaway and Dotson can see minutes at the 3. Simple as that.
Paris907
USA
3/4/2018  2:07 PM
TheGame wrote:We should be able to trade Lee in the off season, which allow Timmy to play his natural position at the 2 and free up minutes for Dotson and Frank to play at the 2. Once Frank hopefully grows and inch and gains 15 pounds, he probably could play some 3 with his long arms. I would keep Dotson for now and see how he develops.

Unless they pick up a SF, I see Timmy at the 3. If Frank gets moved from 1 to 2 to 3, the next move would be out the door.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/4/2018  2:39 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:He has 2 more yrs on his contract at under 2 mil. Then we will have a bird rights. And he will only get better with more seasoning. There is 0 reason to trade him now unless blown away.

+100

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

3/4/2018  6:12 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I believe the depth that Frank brought that he could possibly play multiple positions. Or the possible fall back that he would be a 3 & D 2ndary ball handling guard if he wasn't an all star PG is part of what made him a lotto pick. While a player like Monk if he doesn't become efficient at what he currently does he has no real depth, no fall back.

This may be the edge they gave Frank over Micthell thinking about it. They probably measured the downside and said if Mitchell doesn't pan out as a starting caliber PG then he is an undersized SG who wasn't guaranteed to be super efficient. While with Frank they may have measured that if he doesn't pan out as a starting caliber PG. He still has the frame, defense, and at the draft considered to have a solid jumper.

These are all just guesses though.

Its not an assumption without basis Frank's defense makes him a rotation player

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Caseloads
Member: #41
3/4/2018  9:41 PM
With Frank Ntilikina being used more often at shooting guard lately by the Knicks, several teams have internally discussed rookie shooting guard Damyean Dotson as an offseason trade target, per sources.

- ESPN

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

3/4/2018  10:55 PM
Can we please trade Timmy and Lee? Not that anyone would want timmy - but a guy can hope
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
franco12
Member: #599
USA
3/5/2018  7:32 AM
how come Dotson isn't playing? If he isn't good enough to play garbage minutes at this point of the season, what kind of scouting/drafting dept do we have? Someone should be fired!
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
3/5/2018  9:04 AM
franco12 wrote:how come Dotson isn't playing? If he isn't good enough to play garbage minutes at this point of the season, what kind of scouting/drafting dept do we have? Someone should be fired!

This isn’t about scouting or drafting this is about communications between management and coach. If the message isn’t sent to the coach about playing certain players the coach will continue to try and win with vets. JH isn’t feeling secure enough with his job so he will not play certain players. Management hasn’t given him an endorsement that he will be back.

franco12
Member: #599
USA
3/5/2018  9:11 AM
Vmart wrote:
franco12 wrote:how come Dotson isn't playing? If he isn't good enough to play garbage minutes at this point of the season, what kind of scouting/drafting dept do we have? Someone should be fired!

This isn’t about scouting or drafting this is about communications between management and coach. If the message isn’t sent to the coach about playing certain players the coach will continue to try and win with vets. JH isn’t feeling secure enough with his job so he will not play certain players. Management hasn’t given him an endorsement that he will be back.

If that is the case, then that is, in my opinion, even worse!

However, I think the problem is Dotson just isn't ready. I get that, but I had higher expectations.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/5/2018  9:56 AM
Dotson trade value increases with each DNP!
Daymean Dotson a trade target

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy