[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Some likely FA options
Author Thread
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
3/2/2018  10:45 AM
We have talked to some length about Hezonja, who is a big possibility given our lack of SF depth. A couple of other options that stand out, particularly because they are young and UFAs, Kevon Looney and Jerami Grant.

Both players are only 22 and 23 years old, and would be logical targets to help improve athleticism in the rotation at a low cost. Either player could see the opportunity to start here at PF in the absence of Porzingis at the beginning of the year, but even when Porzingis is back, either would fill the role of backup PF and play alongside Porzingis when he slides over to center. So the minutes and opportunity will be there.

I am guessing that Hardaway may see a lot of SF minutes (and even start there) with Ntilikina and Mudiay in the backcourt. Drafting Mikal Bridges and using him as a 6th man in his rookie year, along with the possibility of bringing back Williams if he continues to impress, would improve SF depth, making the PF position more of a need. We won't be a better team next year, but we need to get more athletic, younger, and better defensively, and adding Bridges in the draft along with a FA like Grant or Looney would go a long way in doing that.

AUTOADVERT
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

3/2/2018  10:52 AM
Depending on cost, I would be interested in signing Jerami Grant. i don't think he's anything special but he seems to be consistently improving
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Knixkik
USA
3/2/2018  10:54 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:Depending on cost, I would be interested in signing Jerami Grant. i don't think he's anything special but he seems to be consistently improving

Right exactly. It's a bad year for FAs, so these guys will be looking for opportunity. We can likely get a player like this on a 1-year deal, or a very low-cost multi-year deal. These guys aren't getting the MLE from teams this summer. Young players will want opportunity on the big stage and we can offer that.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/2/2018  11:00 AM
Knixkik wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:Depending on cost, I would be interested in signing Jerami Grant. i don't think he's anything special but he seems to be consistently improving

Right exactly. It's a bad year for FAs, so these guys will be looking for opportunity. We can likely get a player like this on a 1-year deal, or a very low-cost multi-year deal. These guys aren't getting the MLE from teams this summer. Young players will want opportunity on the big stage and we can offer that.

All depends on what Paul George does. I'd guess that OKC keeps him.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
3/2/2018  11:05 AM
I like Grant a lot. I think he would be a really good pick up. I think OKC needs to keep him but they maybe in a tough spot with George and the cap. I think he is a good guy to target.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/2/2018  11:35 AM
Draft one, develop that young man. Keep Troy Williams. He does not have to be a star but if worthy, let him play at a reasonable wage until the rookie is ready.
No rush, do it right and its better long term. Star phuch we over pay.
Knixkik
USA
3/2/2018  12:06 PM
Nalod wrote:Draft one, develop that young man. Keep Troy Williams. He does not have to be a star but if worthy, let him play at a reasonable wage until the rookie is ready.

I don't think anyone mentioned star phucks. This is just small opportunities to get a young player for cheap with upside. These options are UFAs so no need to overpay to avoid matching. They can sign outright.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/2/2018  12:14 PM
Knixkik wrote:
Nalod wrote:Draft one, develop that young man. Keep Troy Williams. He does not have to be a star but if worthy, let him play at a reasonable wage until the rookie is ready.

I don't think anyone mentioned star phucks. This is just small opportunities to get a young player for cheap with upside. These options are UFAs so no need to overpay to avoid matching. They can sign outright.

We tend as fans to gravitate to big move ideas. I basically agree to the small moves mentioned and was reiterating this, not in the face of any specific suggestion.
The culture we desire must a patient one that develops talent. That is when you attract established guys past their prime but looking for a role on a team. Its been a while since Iggy was a star but he has been vital to GSW's success.
"if you build it, they will come"!!!

Knixkik
USA
3/2/2018  12:15 PM
Nalod wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

We tend as fans to gravitate to big move ideas. I basically agree to the small moves mentioned and was reiterating this, not in the face of any specific suggestion.
The culture we desire must a patient one that develops talent. That is when you attract established guys past their prime but looking for a role on a team. Its been a while since Iggy was a star but he has been vital to GSW's success.
"if you build it, they will come"!!!

Sorry i misread. Yes, absolutely agree!

ccinflushing
Member: #6061

3/2/2018  3:54 PM
Depending on whether KOQ or Kanter opts outs, we would probably need to look at some center options. Lucas Nogueira or Alex Len might be cheap options there.
Some likely FA options

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy