[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Frank is not a point guard, why does that hurt you?
Author Thread
TLover
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #381
USA
2/26/2018  1:22 PM
If Knicks can use Ntlikina to rid the contract of Noah then I’d say trade him. Basically what lakers did with D. Russell.
AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/26/2018  1:29 PM
You only make a move like that if you have clear target in free agency that year. Who do you propose we sign once Noah is off the books?
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/26/2018  1:35 PM
smackeddog wrote:Who knows what Frank is or will become at this stage. What I do like is that when he plays well or has a good game, we either win or at least reduce the lead. That's an important- guys like Dennis Smith Jr seem to have no particular impact on games.
this.

As for what he is and what he isnt this is a silly arguement. Like fighting over the egg before it hatches. Rooster or hen? We will know eventually.

I do know his biggest impact will be at PG, where the Knicks could have a pass first player who defends 4 positions and makes other players better. That is why people WANT him to be PG. Also he was a PG before going pro last year. PG is his roots.

Billups was traded 3x and eventually signed for the MLE by Detriot. 3 teams dumped him for not being a PG. The only relevence with Frank is its simply too soon to tell. We might see a very different player in the next couple years. We might see the next Eric Snow. We might see unicorn at PG that passes and plays D like nobody else.... who knows?

We drafted a 19 year old with some physical gifts and PG "skills." We know he's got court vision but he's got a long way to go before we know anything.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/26/2018  1:36 PM
TLover wrote:If Knicks can use Ntlikina to rid the contract of Noah then I’d say trade him. Basically what lakers did with D. Russell.

Thank god they would never even consider it

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
2/26/2018  1:49 PM
TLover wrote:If Knicks can use Ntlikina to rid the contract of Noah then I’d say trade him. Basically what lakers did with D. Russell.

What's the point? Just let Noah sit at home. Getting him off the books without any real plan is pointless if you need to deal a great prospect with him.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/26/2018  1:57 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knixkik wrote:Frank is going to be a good player. His defensive impact on the game makes him a factor on its own. His ability to become a good starting guard hinges on his offensive development. Not sure what his best position is, but it is way too early for anyone to determine that.

I been saying that in every post but somehow I'm emotional. The emotion comes out in the responses I'm getting not me. Guys are attacking me over this and it's pathetic. I can say he sucks but he can get better. I can say that. Where's the emotion? I also can say yo I like the way he looks off the ball maybe he should stick too that. Is that emotional too? I just feel like I'm in a sunken place talking to robots.

You're mistaking anger for disagreement. You have an opinion which is cool. There are a lot of people who agree with you and a lot of people who don't. The only emotion I see, for the most part, is the frustration of repeating the same thing over and over again. The real answer is no one knows...you can't really take anything from a rookie season that hasn't even been completed. Frank sucks now, but the things he does well are things lend themselves to winning. You can't look at a bunch of unmixed ingredients on the table and definitively say "No! Those are going to turn out to be pancakes!" The ingredients could turn out to be the base for a number of baked products.

That's nice but I been saying that too. I mean I just said what you said in the post you are responding to in less words.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
knicks1248
Member: #582
2/26/2018  1:58 PM
martin wrote:

with Mudiay and Burke looking promising, I certainly wouldn't be surprise.

ES
Kemet
Member: #6148

2/26/2018  2:00 PM
blkexec wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
martin wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:Speaking honest and bluntly. I feel you have expressed more emotion towards Frank than anyone else on the board. Maybe I am reading reading you wrong but that's what I sense.

I feel the same way. Eny, you are the only one going all BRIGGS on this topic, over and over and over and create a new thread cause it's a new day about it.

We've heard it before.

IMHO Frank is a PG who is not ready for full PG duties and needs to learn, gain experience etc. etc. As an NBA PG, he's not very good at it right now, and if that to you means he isn't a PG, that's fine and dandy but also kinda pointless. Labeling him a SG is also pointless.

But forcing him to be something he is not is poor development. I start these treads to annoy you guys obviously.... But I'm always talking basketball.... why does Frank have to be a point guard? If he can contribute well off the ball while someone else is running the point than what is the big deal. I'm trying to figure out why that makes everyone so mad. A good player is a good player.

Frankly, pun intended.... with Frank playing off the ball we can explore line ups with him guarding 3s. Its something to be explored. I'd rather do that than doing the Mr. Miyagi the next few years. I mean Burke damn near stole the job from Mudiay and he was named the starter 2 games ago. If those guys are giving you that type of production.... you owe it to Frank to keep him involved.... and like I said he played great off the ball. That is how he's going to get better in the nba

I believe there's only a few people u are talking to with this thread. The others never liked the pick from the beginning. Then there are the rest who refuse to label him anything because hes a rookie from another country.

I believe KP is the cause for all these early emotions with frank.....

He's the reason phil and fans didn't mind pick because KP played pro ball and adjusted well.....

KP is also the reason for the high expectations....due to KPs early success.....

But just like flowers don't bloom at the same time....Its crazy to label anything so early.....

God gave us a tree......It was up to man to create tables and chairs......

What if Frank's late bloomer?

What I don't get is why the fuss over a guy making cents on the dollar.....who was picked by a former GM?

Again....I think this thread is only for a select few.....Just my guess

Slow down .. KP were a BUM the first two years in the NBA, and this season KP prove to be a project who need to learn how to play the center and PF position.
KP is clueless on how to win games!

Hornacek has proved in Phoenix and New York how clueless he is at developing young guards as well as big men for a lineup.
The young 19 yr old Knits performance were never given a complete role to play at the PG, I would have had complaints bout Knits if I seen him in lineups with a mentor PG Jack or Session .. like DSJ had Barea or Harris in his lineups on the Mavs, Fox had George Hill in his lineups on the Kings, Mitchell still has Rubio in the lineup with him on the Jazz.
You don't give a rookie all the pressure of running a team at the PG and expect a successful season.
Especially when your big men are not co-existing on offense/defense and rebounding.

EnySpree

2/26/2018  2:00 PM

But the way these posters think we can't ever do anything like that. Its Frank or die even if we have players playing better at his current position...

I never said trade him though. It's too early considering... if a trade presented itself where we get better by trading Frank then we have to do it. It's not like we don't have players in place already.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Zebo13
Member: #6434
USA
2/26/2018  2:04 PM
EnySpree wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:Speaking honest and bluntly. I feel you have expressed more emotion towards Frank than anyone else on the board. Maybe I am reading reading you wrong but that's what I sense.
this

I feel that posters are taking it that way for no good reason other than they have some kind of warped connecting to Frank. Even after I make multiple threads, each with a different way to look at it... and it's still the same. All I said consistently said was he sucks and isn't a point guard. For a stretch he wasn't an NBA player. That makes people so mad. Like it isn't the truth. The kid is 19 years old and from another country... is it cuz he's from France? I dunno. Blindly giving a guy minutes forcing him to do stuff he can't is not right when there are guys on the roster ready to do it now. Burke seems to have broke out and Mudiay is just so much better at pg stuff. You can't justify playing Frank over them at point. You just can't... but now even through my multiple threads that make people mad, I come back saying the kid seems to have found his stride playing off the ball. Maybe this can work.... no we still want to talk about him being 19 and can still be a good point guard if we are patient in developing him. Burke might already have the point guard spot locked, Mudiay looks good too. What's more important? Getting all the guys playing well or just one guy... like it doesn't matter that other guys are playing well just as long as Frank is out there playing out of position?

Anyway, Burke looks to be our guy and Mudiay is a nice change of pace from him. Frank looked like a new player playing off of them. That's great! Wtf is the matter with you guys?

You’ve just been dead wrong is all. A rookie playing the hardest position for a ragtag rebuild team has a bad couple weeks and he’s “not an NBA player”. It’s just trash writing buddy.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/26/2018  2:08 PM
EnySpree wrote:

But the way these posters think we can't ever do anything like that. Its Frank or die even if we have players playing better at his current position...

I never said trade him though. It's too early considering... if a trade presented itself where we get better by trading Frank then we have to do it. It's not like we don't have players in place already.

Frank is a prospect. We want to see him develop.
Mundiay has not been very good. He lost his job in Denver and has not looked very good here.
He is still considered a prospect, he will have a very busy summer I reckon.
Burke is 25, was drafted 5 years ago. He is not a prospect, he is maturing to his ability. My guess is a solid back up and spot starter.
Nobody dislikes him. IN 5 years he will be 30. In 5 years Frank will be 24. Mundiay 26.
OMG, 5 years is a lifetime. IM not saying we wait, and if Burke can hold the position for a few years that would be great.
Mundiay I can't tell is a PG or SG, or can he fill in to be a 3?
Frank has play making tendencies but loses his effectiveness because he is not enough a threat on offense. Many of us think he can improve on this.
Eny is things not. Prospects get more time and room to grow.

EnySpree

2/26/2018  2:11 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:

That's what i can't get my head around... if Burke wins the starting spot and Mudiay is playing well too, we still want Frank to be the guy? I don't get it... if Burke gave us 20 and 6 for the rest of the season with Mudiay giving us solid numbers, I'm not thinking thats cool but Frank needs to play more to develop him lol... I'm think **** we got two good point guards right now. Frank is playing well off the ball because of these guys. We might finally found how Frank can be successful for the team and get better.... but no the narrative is still Frank needs to play minutes at point guard? That's the end all?

Zebo13
Member: #6434
USA
2/26/2018  2:36 PM
EnySpree wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:

That's what i can't get my head around... if Burke wins the starting spot and Mudiay is playing well too, we still want Frank to be the guy? I don't get it... if Burke gave us 20 and 6 for the rest of the season with Mudiay giving us solid numbers, I'm not thinking thats cool but Frank needs to play more to develop him lol... I'm think **** we got two good point guards right now. Frank is playing well off the ball because of these guys. We might finally found how Frank can be successful for the team and get better.... but no the narrative is still Frank needs to play minutes at point guard? That's the end all?

Who are you quoting? UK ghosts? LoL

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
2/26/2018  2:44 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/26/2018  2:50 PM
EnySpree wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:

That's one of the attributes to Franks future potential. Is that he could possibly play with both of them in a 3 guard lineup guarding the 3 and not get destroyed in certain matchups. Imagine ideally having Burke at PG and Mudiay at SG and Frank at SF for a 3 guard lineup. All capable at Interchanging at PG and handling the rock and playmaking. Going after whoever has the best matchup.

Just because it isn't happening this possible moment doesn't mean it isn't something that could be developed.

Mudiay also has a 3 yr head start on Frank. In 3 yrs there is no guarantee that Mudiay stays the better player. We have Frank under a rookie contract for the next 4 yrs. Unless for example Klay Thompson says he is signing with the Knicks and need us to clear cap space for him. Then you move Frank with Noah because you have a sure thing lined up. You don't clear cap space selling assets in HOPE that we sign a big time FA. Isn't that how Walsh messed up.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Nalod
USA
2/26/2018  3:50 PM
Good points!!!
Roster construction is a fluid thing. Trey, Mundiay and Frank neither are set in stone for dozens of reasons.
At the moment Burke is getting his number called and for about 3 games has answered the call. Is this sustainable?
Mundiay is getting the start but not because he "earned it". He is getting a look. If not for KP falling and we in Super rebuilding mode, this likely does not happen.
Its a good opportunity for the knicks.
Franks minutes are not diminished, Jacks have been. Knicks are fully committed this season to developing this prospect. Not only is he young, he looks physically young.
A playmakers mentality who needs to sharpen up his skills on offense. Some see this as a bad thing?
Does it hurt? Not really, none of us matter in the scheme of things. Some preach "Deal with what is in front of us".
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
2/26/2018  4:02 PM
Frank was a Combo Guard when drafted and played that role in France. He never played only as a PG. It was known that he was still raw and needed more time to develop. IMO Nitty hasn’t scratched the surface of his potential. In terms of his scoring especially. However Nitty is not as bad as some may think relative to his other rookie guards even tho he is the youngest.

More than anything we need patience with Nitty. Allow him to continue to mature physically and mentally. Allow him to continue to develop his skills and confidence. He plays to a -1.4 as a PG so far which is not as bad as some other rookie PG’s from this class. It won’t take as much improvement as some think to become a Net Plus player as a PG.

Nalod
USA
2/26/2018  4:04 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:

They drafted Ball. With Ingram and others in place they feel good about the position and with a gaping cap they can sign one maybe two top free agents.
They not have Isiah Thomas.

If Knicks draft Trae Young at the 9th spot, that would mean he fell in status for reasons. Lets consider your theory for a moment, say Durant who professes his admiration for KP wants to play here, then yes you make that move.

But draft a prospect then disgard him after 20 games (you have been sour on him for a while now)is a pretty stupid thing.
IF Lakers strike out and Russell blossoms its bad.
Hey, Im sure PG13 would love to hang with Lavar!!

EnySpree

2/26/2018  4:06 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/26/2018  7:26 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:

That's one of the attributes to Franks future potential. Is that he could possibly play with both of them in a 3 guard lineup guarding the 3 and not get destroyed in certain matchups. Imagine ideally having Burke at PG and Mudiay at SG and Frank at SF for a 3 guard lineup. All capable at Interchanging at PG and handling the rock and playmaking. Going after whoever has the best matchup.

Just because it isn't happening this possible moment doesn't mean it isn't something that could be developed.

Mudiay also has a 3 yr head start on Frank. In 3 yrs there is no guarantee that Mudiay stays the better player. We have Frank under a rookie contract for the next 4 yrs. Unless for example Klay Thompson says he is signing with the Knicks and need us to clear cap space for him. Then you move Frank with Noah because you have a sure thing lined up. You don't clear cap space selling assets in HOPE that we sign a big time FA. Isn't that how Walsh messed up.

Read the bold.... I did say earlier that we could potentially experiment with all three. I believe is the first post!

And I never said I wanted to trade or give up on the kid.

This is the research paper I'm writing... why is everyone so mad at me and telling me I'm emotional. Why are people explaining to me stuff I'm already saying. I'm starting to believe this is a skynet website and you guys are all bots.

Nalod
USA
2/26/2018  4:40 PM
EnySpree wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:

Read the bold.... I did say earlier that we could potentially experiment with all three. I believe is the first post!

This is the research paper I'm writing... why is everyone so mad at me and telling me I'm emotional. Why are people explaining to me stuff I'm already saying. I'm starting to believe this is a signed website and you guys are all bots.

Yes, we are all bots. FrankBots, and you are the virus!
Lets go fully conspiracy?

1. Frank is both French and emigrated from Africa. We don't really know basketball, just bleeding heart liberals who love the Statue of Liberty (Gift from france) and always a soft spot for single moms who evacuated horror to raise three kids in France.

2. Tony Parker factor. If you want to be like SAS, then think outside the box. Sometimes brilliance is not obvious. Maybe that Knicks1248 is negative on frank for his reasons, we then think instinctively this is a good move.

3. Wayne Gretzky factor: don't skate to the puck, skate to where the puck will be. Frank is project. You can't see the finished product does not mean its not going to happen.

4. Hope lives! Frank is young, not like Lebron or Mundiay young. Those guys looked like they were 26 years old in High school. Frank has a baby face. I could not face "Bambi" and tell him he sucks.

5. Americans don't like the French! Frank is polite, speaks and dresses well. Secretly he probably smokes cigarettes! If you are with your girl at a party she might walk off with him. He makes $4,000,000. You might walk off with him as well!!!

6. PhilPhobia: Fear anything phil did might be a good thing. They booed KP. He was the right pick. Some wanted Mundiay, Winslow or WIllie Cauley Stein. Some wanted to trade down. Other than Towns, KP was the right pick.

7. Really, your a starphucher!! Can't handle anything in the future not a certain thing and thus OK to pay full retail for established player and hope we can rebuild around them. Rinse, lather, repete. Sequels only. We tried.

8. Don't matter, Mark Jax can fix it all.

9. We should have hired Spurs assistant to POP! That's would be smart!!! (We did, he was our cast off!!)
We should hire Warriors head coach!!! We did, he rejected the gig!
We should hire His assistant! We tried, he is not the Lakers dude.

EnySpree

2/26/2018  4:47 PM
Nalod wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:

This is the research paper I'm writing... why is everyone so mad at me and telling me I'm emotional. Why are people explaining to me stuff I'm already saying. I'm starting to believe this is a signed website and you guys are all bots.

Yes, we are all bots. FrankBots, and you are the virus!
Lets go fully conspiracy?

1. Frank is both French and emigrated from Africa. We don't really know basketball, just bleeding heart liberals who love the Statue of Liberty (Gift from france) and always a soft spot for single moms who evacuated horror to raise three kids in France.

2. Tony Parker factor. If you want to be like SAS, then think outside the box. Sometimes brilliance is not obvious. Maybe that Knicks1248 is negative on frank for his reasons, we then think instinctively this is a good move.

3. Wayne Gretzky factor: don't skate to the puck, skate to where the puck will be. Frank is project. You can't see the finished product does not mean its not going to happen.

4. Hope lives! Frank is young, not like Lebron or Mundiay young. Those guys looked like they were 26 years old in High school. Frank has a baby face. I could not face "Bambi" and tell him he sucks.

5. Americans don't like the French! Frank is polite, speaks and dresses well. Secretly he probably smokes cigarettes! If you are with your girl at a party she might walk off with him. He makes $4,000,000. You might walk off with him as well!!!

6. PhilPhobia: Fear anything phil did might be a good thing. They booed KP. He was the right pick. Some wanted Mundiay, Winslow or WIllie Cauley Stein. Some wanted to trade down. Other than Towns, KP was the right pick.

7. Really, your a starphucher!! Can't handle anything in the future not a certain thing and thus OK to pay full retail for established player and hope we can rebuild around them. Rinse, lather, repete. Sequels only. We tried.

8. Don't matter, Mark Jax can fix it all.

9. We should have hired Spurs assistant to POP! That's would be smart!!! (We did, he was our cast off!!)
We should hire Warriors head coach!!! We did, he rejected the gig!
We should hire His assistant! We tried, he is not the Lakers dude.

Frank is not a point guard, why does that hurt you?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy