[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Frank is not a point guard, why does that hurt you?
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/25/2018  8:31 PM
Frank actually played pretty good the last two games. When he's not asked to pass and run the offense he just plays basketball and he looks like a NBA player. Against Boston i thought he looked really good while Burke was running the point. More confident. Fucking guy actually took the ball to the basket twice with strong drives. Hasn't done that all year. His defense shows off better too cuz he can bother small fwds. He caught a nice block on a switch I believe.

So I'm saying why does that make so many of you angry? We just want Frank to be a good NBA player. Development is also alot figuring what guys can do. By Perry calling up Burke and trading for Mudiay, I think he is already dealing with the fact that Frank isn't a full time point guard. Thats all good you crazy maniacs.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
2/25/2018  9:10 PM
Speaking honest and bluntly. I feel you have expressed more emotion towards Frank than anyone else on the board. Maybe I am reading reading you wrong but that's what I sense.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
2/25/2018  9:24 PM
Because, if he's not a PG, and he's a SG he's expected even more so to be a competant scorer.
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
2/25/2018  9:24 PM
Which, he is not.
Paris907
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6099
USA
2/25/2018  9:31 PM
He is a point guard. Just needs time.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/25/2018  9:34 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:Speaking honest and bluntly. I feel you have expressed more emotion towards Frank than anyone else on the board. Maybe I am reading reading you wrong but that's what I sense.

I feel the same way. Eny, you are the only one going all BRIGGS on this topic, over and over and over and create a new thread cause it's a new day about it.

We've heard it before.

IMHO Frank is a PG who is not ready for full PG duties and needs to learn, gain experience etc. etc. As an NBA PG, he's not very good at it right now, and if that to you means he isn't a PG, that's fine and dandy but also kinda pointless. Labeling him a SG is also pointless.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
stopstandthere
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #6004

2/25/2018  9:39 PM
So far Frank does not hurt me as I do not expect high on him yet.
EnySpree

2/26/2018  12:35 AM
martin wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:Speaking honest and bluntly. I feel you have expressed more emotion towards Frank than anyone else on the board. Maybe I am reading reading you wrong but that's what I sense.

I feel the same way. Eny, you are the only one going all BRIGGS on this topic, over and over and over and create a new thread cause it's a new day about it.

We've heard it before.

IMHO Frank is a PG who is not ready for full PG duties and needs to learn, gain experience etc. etc. As an NBA PG, he's not very good at it right now, and if that to you means he isn't a PG, that's fine and dandy but also kinda pointless. Labeling him a SG is also pointless.

But forcing him to be something he is not is poor development. I start these treads to annoy you guys obviously.... But I'm always talking basketball.... why does Frank have to be a point guard? If he can contribute well off the ball while someone else is running the point than what is the big deal. I'm trying to figure out why that makes everyone so mad. A good player is a good player.

Frankly, pun intended.... with Frank playing off the ball we can explore line ups with him guarding 3s. Its something to be explored. I'd rather do that than doing the Mr. Miyagi the next few years. I mean Burke damn near stole the job from Mudiay and he was named the starter 2 games ago. If those guys are giving you that type of production.... you owe it to Frank to keep him involved.... and like I said he played great off the ball. That is how he's going to get better in the nba

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
blkexec
Member: #748
2/26/2018  1:12 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/26/2018  1:15 AM
EnySpree wrote:
martin wrote:

We've heard it before.

But forcing him to be something he is not is poor development. I start these treads to annoy you guys obviously.... But I'm always talking basketball.... why does Frank have to be a point guard? If he can contribute well off the ball while someone else is running the point than what is the big deal. I'm trying to figure out why that makes everyone so mad. A good player is a good player.

Frankly, pun intended.... with Frank playing off the ball we can explore line ups with him guarding 3s. Its something to be explored. I'd rather do that than doing the Mr. Miyagi the next few years. I mean Burke damn near stole the job from Mudiay and he was named the starter 2 games ago. If those guys are giving you that type of production.... you owe it to Frank to keep him involved.... and like I said he played great off the ball. That is how he's going to get better in the nba

I believe there's only a few people u are talking to with this thread. The others never liked the pick from the beginning. Then there are the rest who refuse to label him anything because hes a rookie from another country.

I believe KP is the cause for all these early emotions with frank.....

He's the reason phil and fans didn't mind pick because KP played pro ball and adjusted well.....

KP is also the reason for the high expectations....due to KPs early success.....

But just like flowers don't bloom at the same time....Its crazy to label anything so early.....

God gave us a tree......It was up to man to create tables and chairs......

What if Frank's late bloomer?

What I don't get is why the fuss over a guy making cents on the dollar.....who was picked by a former GM?

Again....I think this thread is only for a select few.....Just my guess

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
smackeddog
Member: #883
2/26/2018  6:01 AM
Who knows what Frank is or will become at this stage. What I do like is that when he plays well or has a good game, we either win or at least reduce the lead. That's an important- guys like Dennis Smith Jr seem to have no particular impact on games.
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

2/26/2018  9:05 AM
this
EnySpree

2/26/2018  9:28 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
this

I feel that posters are taking it that way for no good reason other than they have some kind of warped connecting to Frank. Even after I make multiple threads, each with a different way to look at it... and it's still the same. All I said consistently said was he sucks and isn't a point guard. For a stretch he wasn't an NBA player. That makes people so mad. Like it isn't the truth. The kid is 19 years old and from another country... is it cuz he's from France? I dunno. Blindly giving a guy minutes forcing him to do stuff he can't is not right when there are guys on the roster ready to do it now. Burke seems to have broke out and Mudiay is just so much better at pg stuff. You can't justify playing Frank over them at point. You just can't... but now even through my multiple threads that make people mad, I come back saying the kid seems to have found his stride playing off the ball. Maybe this can work.... no we still want to talk about him being 19 and can still be a good point guard if we are patient in developing him. Burke might already have the point guard spot locked, Mudiay looks good too. What's more important? Getting all the guys playing well or just one guy... like it doesn't matter that other guys are playing well just as long as Frank is out there playing out of position?

Anyway, Burke looks to be our guy and Mudiay is a nice change of pace from him. Frank looked like a new player playing off of them. That's great! Wtf is the matter with you guys?

Paris907
USA
2/26/2018  10:36 AM
EnySpree wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
this

I feel that posters are taking it that way for no good reason other than they have some kind of warped connecting to Frank. Even after I make multiple threads, each with a different way to look at it... and it's still the same. All I said consistently said was he sucks and isn't a point guard. For a stretch he wasn't an NBA player. That makes people so mad. Like it isn't the truth. The kid is 19 years old and from another country... is it cuz he's from France? I dunno. Blindly giving a guy minutes forcing him to do stuff he can't is not right when there are guys on the roster ready to do it now. Burke seems to have broke out and Mudiay is just so much better at pg stuff. You can't justify playing Frank over them at point. You just can't... but now even through my multiple threads that make people mad, I come back saying the kid seems to have found his stride playing off the ball. Maybe this can work.... no we still want to talk about him being 19 and can still be a good point guard if we are patient in developing him. Burke might already have the point guard spot locked, Mudiay looks good too. What's more important? Getting all the guys playing well or just one guy... like it doesn't matter that other guys are playing well just as long as Frank is out there playing out of position?

Anyway, Burke looks to be our guy and Mudiay is a nice change of pace from him. Frank looked like a new player playing off of them. That's great! Wtf is the matter with you guys?

Try the mirror test.
Was Tony Parker from France or either Gasol from Spain or Dirk from Germany. I appreciate your enthusiasm as a Knick fan. Yet generally speaking I find your positions consistently wrong.
You’re certainly entitled -

Paris907
USA
2/26/2018  10:36 AM
EnySpree wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
this

Try the mirror test.
Was Tony Parker from France or either Gasol from Spain or Dirk from Germany. I appreciate your enthusiasm as a Knick fan. Yet generally speaking I find your positions consistently wrong.

EnySpree

2/26/2018  10:39 AM
Paris907 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
this

Try the mirror test.

That's your response to what I said?

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
2/26/2018  10:56 AM
EnySpree wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
this

And you have become emotional about it and become emotional if people have a different viewpoint. Burke has played 15 games for the Knicks and Mudiay has played 5. This hasn't been an all season long thing. Mudiay was named the starter after 3 games. Yet there was no debate formed on why Burke wasn't starting over Mudiay was there.

These are Jeff's decisions none of us fans are deciding the playing time for each player. Upset by Jeff's decision you routinely look to knock Frank expressing your anger(emotion). Most of the defense of Frank has been about patience due to his age and coming from France. Which is all pretty logical. If fans in defense of Frank do become emotional its more towards lack of patience then towards Frank. Given our history of lack of patience that is also logical.

Another example is when Burke first was brought up. The first comments were about how Frank was gonna end up getting all his mins cut. End up getting sent down to the G-league. Then when Mudiay was brought in its about how the team is looking to transition away from Frank. How Knicks will trade him in the offseason. How they should package him with a pick to move up in the lottery. These are comments made through emotions as they were/are nothing but guesses due to personal feelings. Yet anyone that didn't agree or debated the ideals behind such moves are labeled too emotional.

Another perfect example is the Frank to G-league debate. The request for Frank to go to the G-league is out of pure emotion as there isn't enough data out there to prove that the G-league is better for Frank's development then him sticking with the NBA club. When Martin would ask for more detailed data proving that the G-league was the better route. Nobody could really give him a legit answer. Martin was looking for cold hard facts the opposite of emotion. But Martin would be labeled emotional for even asking those questions and not just accepting that Frank should be sent down to the G-league blindly.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
2/26/2018  11:10 AM
Frank is going to be a good player. His defensive impact on the game makes him a factor on its own. His ability to become a good starting guard hinges on his offensive development. Not sure what his best position is, but it is way too early for anyone to determine that.
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

2/26/2018  11:28 AM
Frank is not an egg McMuffin, and it hurts me. I really wanted an egg McMuffin, but all I got was a half bag of cold French fries and it stings. Even worse, I drove all the way home before I even knew I had been hoodwinked. Now I can either get mad and throw that stank in the trash and shout at the internet, or I can be patient, get back in my car and drive back to the take out window. Maybe if I take the stang at least I know I will enjoy the ride.
EnySpree

2/26/2018  12:58 PM
Knixkik wrote:Frank is going to be a good player. His defensive impact on the game makes him a factor on its own. His ability to become a good starting guard hinges on his offensive development. Not sure what his best position is, but it is way too early for anyone to determine that.

I been saying that in every post but somehow I'm emotional. The emotion comes out in the responses I'm getting not me. Guys are attacking me over this and it's pathetic. I can say he sucks but he can get better. I can say that. Where's the emotion? I also can say yo I like the way he looks off the ball maybe he should stick too that. Is that emotional too? I just feel like I'm in a sunken place talking to robots.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/26/2018  1:13 PM
EnySpree wrote:
Knixkik wrote:Frank is going to be a good player. His defensive impact on the game makes him a factor on its own. His ability to become a good starting guard hinges on his offensive development. Not sure what his best position is, but it is way too early for anyone to determine that.

I been saying that in every post but somehow I'm emotional. The emotion comes out in the responses I'm getting not me. Guys are attacking me over this and it's pathetic. I can say he sucks but he can get better. I can say that. Where's the emotion? I also can say yo I like the way he looks off the ball maybe he should stick too that. Is that emotional too? I just feel like I'm in a sunken place talking to robots.

You're mistaking anger for disagreement. You have an opinion which is cool. There are a lot of people who agree with you and a lot of people who don't. The only emotion I see, for the most part, is the frustration of repeating the same thing over and over again. The real answer is no one knows...you can't really take anything from a rookie season that hasn't even been completed. Frank sucks now, but the things he does well are things lend themselves to winning. You can't look at a bunch of unmixed ingredients on the table and definitively say "No! Those are going to turn out to be pancakes!" The ingredients could turn out to be the base for a number of baked products.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Frank is not a point guard, why does that hurt you?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy