[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

When KP officially returns
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/20/2018  7:33 AM
By the time KP is fully healthy it would basically be the start of the 2019/20 season. All things considered, Mudiay and Frank should be what their potential says they are. 23 and 21 years old... starting in the backcourt for us.

THJr will have to come off the bench.
Hardaway is gonna be 27, probably still streaky. He could be our John Starks.

Courtney Lee actually will still be under contract, but he'd be 34 on an expiring deal.

There's potential for Dotson... Troy Williams could stick. Possibly draft Kevin Knox or one of the Bridges kids... potentially another lotto pick in 2019.

Kornet could be in the mix at center.... Kanter will be 27 if he's still here.

Kp will be 25 years old... prime time.
We could seriously be back in business.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
2/20/2018  7:36 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/20/2018  7:37 AM
Or Mudiay will be out of the league by then. None of that description excites me.
EnySpree

2/20/2018  7:49 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:Or Mudiay will be out of the league by then. None of that description excites me.

What would excite you?

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Bonn1997
USA
2/20/2018  7:56 AM
EnySpree wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:Or Mudiay will be out of the league by then. None of that description excites me.

What would excite you?

Young healthy players who are already showing strong signs of progress. Not young guys who in theory might improve.
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
2/20/2018  8:46 AM
EnySpree wrote:By the time KP is fully healthy it would basically be the start of the 2019/20 season. All things considered, Mudiay and Frank should be what their potential says they are. 23 and 21 years old... starting in the backcourt for us.

Courtney Lee actually will still be under contract, but he'd be 34 on an expiring deal.

There's potential for Dotson... Troy Williams could stick. Possibly draft Kevin Knox or one of the Bridges kids... potentially another lotto pick in 2019.

Porzingis will actually be only 24. He is just 22 now. The key component will be our 2018 pick. But as far as our backcourt, Frank, Mudiay, and Hardaway have good potential as a backcourt rotation. Potential being the key word.
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
2/20/2018  9:25 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/20/2018  9:26 AM
Most likely it will be a lot of turnout this off-season and next season.
We will see many new faces among players and coaching stuff.
So it is impossible to have any clear picture.
This team is in first year of major transition.
Hopefully they have vision, plan, and continuity.
As it was no precedence of this in NY bbal we are going to see how it will play out.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
2/20/2018  9:32 AM
Knixkik wrote:
EnySpree wrote:By the time KP is fully healthy it would basically be the start of the 2019/20 season. All things considered, Mudiay and Frank should be what their potential says they are. 23 and 21 years old... starting in the backcourt for us.

Porzingis will actually be only 24. He is just 22 now. The key component will be our 2018 pick. But as far as our backcourt, Frank, Mudiay, and Hardaway have good potential as a backcourt rotation. Potential being the key word.

The back court is way to inconsistent to have any sustainable winning to happen. Mudiay has had enough time to become a better shooter and THJ you have seen his roller coaster performances. Ntlikina is somewhat of an unknown still can he improve can he be a good to great shooter can he be aggressive going to the basket these are all unknowns so far because his play.

I happen to think the Knicks have to hit a homerun with the pick this year because KP himself is an unknown. He is injury prone he hasn’t been able to stay healthy enough for the riggers of the NBA. We don’t know if he comes back healthy or even at the same level.

EnySpree

2/20/2018  10:16 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

What would excite you?

Young healthy players who are already showing strong signs of progress. Not young guys who in theory might improve.

So Mudiay is singled out and not Frank?

EnySpree

2/20/2018  10:18 AM
Knixkik wrote:

Kps birthday is in August ... he's 22 now but he will be 23 this august... thanks for your contribution.

Knixkik
USA
2/20/2018  10:37 AM
EnySpree wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Kps birthday is in August ... he's 22 now but he will be 23 this august... thanks for your contribution.

That's right. So 2019/2020 will be his age 24 season.
Knixkik
USA
2/20/2018  10:38 AM
Vmart wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

The back court is way to inconsistent to have any sustainable winning to happen. Mudiay has had enough time to become a better shooter and THJ you have seen his roller coaster performances. Ntlikina is somewhat of an unknown still can he improve can he be a good to great shooter can he be aggressive going to the basket these are all unknowns so far because his play.

I happen to think the Knicks have to hit a homerun with the pick this year because KP himself is an unknown. He is injury prone he hasn’t been able to stay healthy enough for the riggers of the NBA. We don’t know if he comes back healthy or even at the same level.

Porzingis will be at the same level from this particular injury. ACL is not a big deal, especially at his age.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/20/2018  10:48 AM

I have heard some speculation that the smart move with KP might be to have him sit out all of the 18-19 season. My guess is he will be dying to get back on the court as soon as he can.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/20/2018  11:16 AM
CrushAlot wrote:

I have heard some speculation that the smart move with KP might be to have him sit out all of the 18-19 season. My guess is he will be dying to get back on the court as soon as he can.

Hell be transformed like "the mountain" in "game of Thrones".

Bonn1997
USA
2/20/2018  11:28 AM
EnySpree wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

What would excite you?

No the comment applies to everyone. I singled him out since he's the worst of the players listed and he's been stuck where he is the longest.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
2/20/2018  11:48 AM
Vmart wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

This draft is incredibly important. KP is an unknown. Is he the dude that lit the court on fire in November, or the 'I'm tired' KP from December? Cause if I'm betting, the more solid bet is the tired KP- we've seen that more than his short month of dominating play.

Frank, our last draft pic, looks like a deer in head lights. Flashes of potential, but dude is a project and in 2 years, might well be jettisoned like Mudiay was to here.

For all the progress I thought we had, it sure seems like we're back to square 1.

Which comes first, winning culture or winning talent?

Knixkik
USA
2/20/2018  11:51 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

What would excite you?

No the comment applies to everyone. I singled him out since he's the worst of the players listed and he's been stuck where he is the longest.

Frank will at least be a solid role player with his ability to defend at a high level and make open threes. Right now, Mudiay doesn't have any particular established skill after 2 1/2 seasons. He still has potential because of his body and ability to get into the lane, but i see a lot more question marks with him than Frank overall.

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
2/20/2018  12:35 PM
franco12 wrote:
Vmart wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

This draft is incredibly important. KP is an unknown. Is he the dude that lit the court on fire in November, or the 'I'm tired' KP from December? Cause if I'm betting, the more solid bet is the tired KP- we've seen that more than his short month of dominating play.

Frank, our last draft pic, looks like a deer in head lights. Flashes of potential, but dude is a project and in 2 years, might well be jettisoned like Mudiay was to here.

For all the progress I thought we had, it sure seems like we're back to square 1.

Culture comes first.
And winning at rebuilding stage is not wining games but balancing the roster and collecting/evaluating talent.
Winning the games is organic result of team progress.
We are miles away from this to materialize.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Bonn1997
USA
2/20/2018  12:50 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/20/2018  12:51 PM
Knixkik wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

What would excite you?

Frank will at least be a solid role player with his ability to defend at a high level and make open threes. Right now, Mudiay doesn't have any particular established skill after 2 1/2 seasons. He still has potential because of his body and ability to get into the lane, but i see a lot more question marks with him than Frank overall.

Not if he's only hitting 36% of his 2s, hitting 69% of his FTs, and getting low assist numbers. You're entering Nixluva crystal ball territory . There are plenty of players who are the exact same in year 3 or 4 as in year 1. We should know this just from looking at our current roster and past "promising" young players we had. Sure if all our young players rapidly improve, the roster is promising. That is always the case. We've actually had a player on the all nba rookie first team in 5 of the past 7 years.
Knixkik
USA
2/20/2018  12:57 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/20/2018  12:58 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

What would excite you?

Not if he's only hitting 36% of his 2s, hitting 69% of his FTs, and getting low assist numbers. You're entering Nixluva crystal ball territory . There are plenty of players who are the exact same in year 3 or 4 as in year 1. We should know this just from looking at our current roster and past "promising" young players we had. Sure if all our young players rapidly improve, the roster is promising. That is always the case. We've actually had a player on the all nba rookie first team in 5 of the past 7 years.

He's the youngest rotation player in the league. I am not going to say he will be a star or anything like that, just saying he has 2 promising skills that should allow him to carve out a niche. Marcus Smart, for example is such a good defensive player that he can completely lack offensive talent and still be an important piece. Ntilikina, already has an improving 3pt shot going for him. His defensive upside is obvious.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/20/2018  1:23 PM
franco12 wrote:This draft is incredibly important. KP is an unknown. Is he the dude that lit the court on fire in November, or the 'I'm tired' KP from December? Cause if I'm betting, the more solid bet is the tired KP- we've seen that more than his short month of dominating play.

I am definitely a glass half full type of person and see the exact opposite of your take.

For KP, it's all about his recovery, body growth and injuries/injury prevention. Still see a guy who needs to fill out a lot more and get stronger. Is ACL telling of things to come? Not for me; seemed like a fluke more than anything. If something along the same lines happens again... I'll definitely change my mind.

Read a lot of sarcastic posts about how many games the Knicks didn't win without Melo last year, seems like they are all bunk thinking but Knicks still don't have enough firepower with KP alone. KP's role did change and I thought his first month was telling about where he COULD go; 1 month is a very good start, especially for his body type/age, needs more of that and if comes back and does the same and has another month or so in the same season, I will stick to that same theory, but he does have to grow.

Frank does have deer in headlights look but he also has super brief flashes of D and passes that come out of nowhere. Good enough start but next year has to be a pretty significant jump otherwise I'll start to wane.

Knicks will likely come out with 2 more top-10 draft picks over next years, those need to be significant pieces, both of them.

For me, Knicks can't be at square 1 if they have KP, Frank and 2 more draft picks over next years; for me, that's a solid start. Managing the cap in that same time line will show us how this organization and FO will be perceived.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
When KP officially returns

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy