newyorknewyork wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
martin wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:Miles is the dreaded SF/pf tweener - no thanks

I'd be happy with either of the other two.. I'd prefer Knox though. I guess you could call him a tweener too but he seems to see himself as a SF. Plus, when in don't you can't really go wrong with Kentucky

Are tweeners bad these days?

I guess it would depend on athleticism and being able to space floor as well as defend?

I like to think I have a pretty good handle on the draft. I don't remind everyone that I thought, for example, that we should have drafted Andrew Bynum etc but usually when I say I'm interested in a guy he ends up being a decent player. I think my posts here over the years have demonstrated that.

The SF/PF lottery tweener never really lives up to the hype in the NBA. In college there is such a disparity between the players physical abilities. When you are a physically gifted forward in the NCAA you can "play sf" and bully the other players. The lack of speed doesn't bite you in the ass. The guy that comes to mind (because he's on our team) is Michael Beasley. Definitely did not live up to the hype.

Other names that fit the bill: Jonathan Isaac, Jabari Parker, Anthony Bennett, Derrick Williams, Jan Vesley, Marcus Morris

Not all those names are trash, like Jabari Parker, but clearly the Bucks agree... he's getting half the minutes he used to get this year. They could've had Joel Embiid or Aaron Gordon

Back to my point: SF/PF tweeners look way better in college than they do in the pros. My observation is that it is way more pronounced when you are in between SF and PF than PG/SG or PF/C. When you think about it, it makes sense, because you need different skillsets on the perimeter and down low

Different day and age. Keep in mind Parker is coming off of injury, Marcus Morris is solid and Issac is young. Then look at guys like Draymond, Aaron Gordon, Ben Simmons, Saric, Milsap, Thadeus Young etc. Coaches have become more open minded about how to use "tweeners" and some have had great success. Heck, our best player is a "tweeners."

Different day and age..? how much more recent could I have done than a lotto pick from last year?

Too early to call out Isaac. From I've read, it seems Orlando still sees him as part of the future. Plus, he's been hurt for a while.

fair... my entire point is that I don't think Miles is as good as his numbers. He is on the wing but plays like a PF. If his jumper and three point shot improves -- a lot -- I would definitely be in favor of drafting him. I just don't see how you can get real excited about an athletic guy who is 6'7", shoots 48%, 36.75 from three and gets 6.9 RPG. That said, he obviously would be an injection of athleticism, which we sorely need... so I wouldn't be against it,e specially this year. I am not too high on the entire draft class

I agree with both of you guys points. With KP and Frank and Hardaway etc. We need a forward with length who can out the ball on the floor in the Ingram for LA mold. His 16-5-4 at 6-9 with ability to play 2-4 is what we need.

we really do need an elite two way SF... too bad they don't grow on trees. sometimes you have to try and buy low... i doubt the Suns would have interest in trading Josh Jackson but I would definitely call and see if they would have interest in this year's pick and the Bulls' second

JJ has improved his production drastically. Don't see Suns trading him away unless for a superstar as it stands now.

Jackson can't shoot a lick. I would rather just draft Mikal. Better shooter and defender.

it's certainly possible that he is a bust... but I still see the ceiling. I tend to agree with you newyorknewyork but there are still plenty of people like Knixkix that have no interest. The reason I'd be interested is again because i don't think the draft class is very good. I like Luka Doncic a lot but I don't think i'd be excited to draft him #1 overall, same with Ayton

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
AUTOADVERT
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
2/20/2018  4:52 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
martin wrote:

I'd be happy with either of the other two.. I'd prefer Knox though. I guess you could call him a tweener too but he seems to see himself as a SF. Plus, when in don't you can't really go wrong with Kentucky

I guess it would depend on athleticism and being able to space floor as well as defend?

I like to think I have a pretty good handle on the draft. I don't remind everyone that I thought, for example, that we should have drafted Andrew Bynum etc but usually when I say I'm interested in a guy he ends up being a decent player. I think my posts here over the years have demonstrated that.

The SF/PF lottery tweener never really lives up to the hype in the NBA. In college there is such a disparity between the players physical abilities. When you are a physically gifted forward in the NCAA you can "play sf" and bully the other players. The lack of speed doesn't bite you in the ass. The guy that comes to mind (because he's on our team) is Michael Beasley. Definitely did not live up to the hype.

Other names that fit the bill: Jonathan Isaac, Jabari Parker, Anthony Bennett, Derrick Williams, Jan Vesley, Marcus Morris

Not all those names are trash, like Jabari Parker, but clearly the Bucks agree... he's getting half the minutes he used to get this year. They could've had Joel Embiid or Aaron Gordon

Back to my point: SF/PF tweeners look way better in college than they do in the pros. My observation is that it is way more pronounced when you are in between SF and PF than PG/SG or PF/C. When you think about it, it makes sense, because you need different skillsets on the perimeter and down low

Different day and age. Keep in mind Parker is coming off of injury, Marcus Morris is solid and Issac is young. Then look at guys like Draymond, Aaron Gordon, Ben Simmons, Saric, Milsap, Thadeus Young etc. Coaches have become more open minded about how to use "tweeners" and some have had great success. Heck, our best player is a "tweeners."

Different day and age..? how much more recent could I have done than a lotto pick from last year?

Too early to call out Isaac. From I've read, it seems Orlando still sees him as part of the future. Plus, he's been hurt for a while.

fair... my entire point is that I don't think Miles is as good as his numbers. He is on the wing but plays like a PF. If his jumper and three point shot improves -- a lot -- I would definitely be in favor of drafting him. I just don't see how you can get real excited about an athletic guy who is 6'7", shoots 48%, 36.75 from three and gets 6.9 RPG. That said, he obviously would be an injection of athleticism, which we sorely need... so I wouldn't be against it,e specially this year. I am not too high on the entire draft class

I agree with both of you guys points. With KP and Frank and Hardaway etc. We need a forward with length who can out the ball on the floor in the Ingram for LA mold. His 16-5-4 at 6-9 with ability to play 2-4 is what we need.

we really do need an elite two way SF... too bad they don't grow on trees. sometimes you have to try and buy low... i doubt the Suns would have interest in trading Josh Jackson but I would definitely call and see if they would have interest in this year's pick and the Bulls' second

JJ has improved his production drastically. Don't see Suns trading him away unless for a superstar as it stands now.

Jackson can't shoot a lick. I would rather just draft Mikal. Better shooter and defender.

it's certainly possible that he is a bust... but I still see the ceiling. I tend to agree with you newyorknewyork but there are still plenty of people like Knixkix that have no interest. The reason I'd be interested is again because i don't think the draft class is very good. I like Luka Doncic a lot but I don't think i'd be excited to draft him #1 overall, same with Ayton

I feel the opposite. I feel there is a lit of quality players coming in this draft. Maybe not a ton of all stars and franchise players. But a load of future rotational players.

I also feel SF is a deep position in this draft. In the 2nd round you have possibilities of Kenrich Williams and Bates-Diop. Maybe Hutchinson but I doubt it. Bonga is a possibility.

I feel the smarter play if we finish with a top 7 pick and a big like Ayton, Jackson, Begley, Bamba or Carter is available that they offer the unique skills that are harder to acquire then Bridges. And that maybe you could land a rotational SF in the 2nd round as the quality of Bigs tails off while the quality of SFs remains decent.

There is also Mitch Robinson who didn't attend college to focus on the nba training and draft.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

2/20/2018  5:20 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
martin wrote:

I feel the opposite. I feel there is a lit of quality players coming in this draft. Maybe not a ton of all stars and franchise players. But a load of future rotational players.

I also feel SF is a deep position in this draft. In the 2nd round you have possibilities of Kenrich Williams and Bates-Diop. Maybe Hutchinson but I doubt it. Bonga is a possibility.

I feel the smarter play if we finish with a top 7 pick and a big like Ayton, Jackson, Begley, Bamba or Carter is available that they offer the unique skills that are harder to acquire then Bridges. And that maybe you could land a rotational SF in the 2nd round as the quality of Bigs tails off while the quality of SFs remains decent.

There is also Mitch Robinson who didn't attend college to focus on the nba training and draft.

at first I thought it was a deep draft too... and I suppose there will be plenty of rotation players. that said, I just don't think many starters, let alone stars. we will see for sure come conference tournaments. that's where I start putting value into guys. that said, I don't think there are any elite teams this year in the NCAA. the rankings are all over the place. I think that's a player driven thing, especially in this one-and-done era. that there are no consistent teams with no consistent players makes me devalue the whole class. even a guy like Marvin Bagley has questions--Duke is playing better without him

my two cents for now anyway

LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

2/20/2018  6:30 PM
If Philly ends up 1 or 2 picks behind us ---- watch them jump Knicks to take Mykal Bridges who would seemingly fit beautifully with them.
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
2/20/2018  7:53 PM
LivingLegend wrote:If Philly ends up 1 or 2 picks behind us ---- watch them jump Knicks to take Mykal Bridges who would seemingly fit beautifully with them.

He would be perfect there. Simmons, redick, bridges, Covington, and embiid. Wow. Anything Fultz adds would be a bonus. They would be surrounding Simmons and embiid with elite 3 and D guys.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

2/21/2018  8:01 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/21/2018  8:04 AM
LivingLegend wrote:If Philly ends up 1 or 2 picks behind us ---- watch them jump Knicks to take Mykal Bridges who would seemingly fit beautifully with them.

I like Mykal as well the one thing I worry about though is his height, I want a true 6'8-6'9" SF I don't think he is, looks closer to 6'6". Miles looks like a small ball 4, he is the type of player that scares me, a SF who can't doesn't have the agility to guard on the perimeter

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Knixkik
USA
2/21/2018  8:47 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/21/2018  8:47 AM
Jmpasq wrote:

I like Mykal as well the one thing I worry about though is his height, I want a true 6'8-6'9" SF I don't think he is, looks closer to 6'6". Miles looks like a small ball 4, he is the type of player that scares me, a SF who can't doesn't have the agility to guard on the perimeter

I think Mikal is 6'7 with a 7'1 wingspan. Size definitely isn't a problem with him. He has crazy length. He should even be able to guard stretch 4s.

SupremeCommander

2/21/2018  9:28 AM
Knixkik wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

I think Mikal is 6'7 with a 7'1 wingspan. Size definitely isn't a problem with him. He has crazy length. He should even be able to guard stretch 4s.

I think he's smallish. Big fan of his game but I see him as a slightly bigger Courtney Lee. I kinda wish Courtney lee was slightly bigger this year so it's not a terrible thing. I just think we desperately need a player who has a chance to become more dynamic player than that

To go back tot he original post, I think Kevin Knox has a chance to become a dynamic NBA 3

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/21/2018  11:11 AM
I don't follow college ball at all but the one thing I do recall reading about Kevin Knox was in regard to his BBIQ, and my understanding was that it was low. Take that for what you will
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Knixkik
USA
2/21/2018  11:38 AM
martin wrote:I don't follow college ball at all but the one thing I do recall reading about Kevin Knox was in regard to his BBIQ, and my understanding was that it was low. Take that for what you will

Whereas Mikal Bridges is known for having a very high IQ, and being a winner.

SupremeCommander

2/21/2018  11:41 AM
martin wrote:I don't follow college ball at all but the one thing I do recall reading about Kevin Knox was in regard to his BBIQ, and my understanding was that it was low. Take that for what you will

I think that's fair.

Assuming we are picking where we're slotted at currently, we are picking a flawed player. That's the bottomline with whoever we pick.

I like that Knox runs. I could see that going well with THJ and KP (hopefully one of our points). He can shoot.

Mikal is the smart player but he is what he is and frankly it just seems like more of the same... Not really a fan of Courtney Lee at SF (but a fan of Lee's game)

Miles is a PF in a SF's body. Athletic, but we he really be more athletic than his opposition in the pros? I bet his performance takes a big dip.

so sign me up with the big, athletic forward who can shoot... Kentuky players tend to do well in the pros. If knox saw the floor like LeBron he would be the #1 overall pick. We're not getting a guy like that in the second half of the lotto

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
2/21/2018  11:58 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:

I think that's fair.

Assuming we are picking where we're slotted at currently, we are picking a flawed player. That's the bottomline with whoever we pick.

I like that Knox runs. I could see that going well with THJ and KP (hopefully one of our points). He can shoot.

Mikal is the smart player but he is what he is and frankly it just seems like more of the same... Not really a fan of Courtney Lee at SF (but a fan of Lee's game)

Miles is a PF in a SF's body. Athletic, but we he really be more athletic than his opposition in the pros? I bet his performance takes a big dip.

so sign me up with the big, athletic forward who can shoot... Kentuky players tend to do well in the pros. If knox saw the floor like LeBron he would be the #1 overall pick. We're not getting a guy like that in the second half of the lotto

Which is y imo either a unique big falls in our lap. Or we trade down. I would take the risk on Tre Young though given the potential and available talent. I would take Young over Carter but not Ayton Jackson Begley, Bamba.

Like Kuzma. A dude like Huchinson could end up being just as good as the Bridges or Knox when all said and done. I don't see a game changing SF in the lotto. Porter possibly could be but he seemed stiff to me even before his back injury. Doncic could grow into a SF but will need maturation time. Probably more of a SG his first few seasons. His potential is worth the gamble though.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/21/2018  12:35 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

I think that's fair.

Which is y imo either a unique big falls in our lap. Or we trade down. I would take the risk on Tre Young though given the potential and available talent. I would take Young over Carter but not Ayton Jackson Begley, Bamba.

Like Kuzma. A dude like Huchinson could end up being just as good as the Bridges or Knox when all said and done. I don't see a game changing SF in the lotto. Porter possibly could be but he seemed stiff to me even before his back injury. Doncic could grow into a SF but will need maturation time. Probably more of a SG his first few seasons. His potential is worth the gamble though.

I think I like Hutchinson the most out of the wings. I just wish he offered more defensive flexibility along the front-court. But that could come in time. Age and level of competition are things working against, but I would have no problem trading down for him. I think Miles is a smarter player than people give him credit for and I see a walking mismatch...to strong for most wings and to fast for most 4s. I see more Milsap than Derrick Williams in his game. And his stroke looks smooth off the spot-up and off screens. It also shows some promise off the dribble. I just think he needs more reps. Knox needs another year, but that probably won't happen lol Mikal is probably the safest pick. But he will need some patience as well.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/21/2018  2:13 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/21/2018  2:14 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
martin wrote:

Andrew Bynum was in the 2005 draft... you didn't start posting here till 2006. Get over yourself fam.

Btw Parker just came back from ACL injury, that's why he's getting half his minutes. Embiid is a walking injury and Gordon has been hurt all year.... please spare me the nostradomus dramatics

if you keep acting like a bitch I'll treat you like one you ****

Yeah I caught you lying and dropping false information and you start throwing the b & c word around. Sounds about right

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
SupremeCommander

2/21/2018  2:36 PM
EnySpree wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
martin wrote:

Andrew Bynum was in the 2005 draft... you didn't start posting here till 2006. Get over yourself fam.

Btw Parker just came back from ACL injury, that's why he's getting half his minutes. Embiid is a walking injury and Gordon has been hurt all year.... please spare me the nostradomus dramatics

Yeah I caught you lying and dropping false information and you start throwing the b & c word around. Sounds about right

dropping false information? wtf are you talking about you moron

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/21/2018  2:39 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
martin wrote:

Enough with the name calling man

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
SupremeCommander

2/21/2018  2:42 PM
martin wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
martin wrote:

consider it done - that said, part of the reason it's happening is because I have to stand up for myself, because you won't tell him to quit baiting me

Cartman718
Member: #1694

2/21/2018  2:51 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
martin wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
martin wrote:

consider it done - that said, part of the reason it's happening is because I have to stand up for myself, because you won't tell him to quit baiting me

oh its that easy to bait you huh?
tweener SFs who have done well
jimmy butler
to some extent PG13
giannis
tayshaun prince

i'm sure there are more.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
SupremeCommander

2/21/2018  3:08 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
martin wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
martin wrote:

jimmy butler
to some extent PG13
giannis
tayshaun prince

i'm sure there are more.

lol - let's just call it the continued pattern of being one of those punk boys who just keeps kicking your airplane chair. is it that big of a deal, nahhh, but my god is it effing annoying. it's not jus tme he pulls it with others so he can talk a big game and pretend to be a man

anyway, Butler is a SG... not a SF/PF tweener
I'll give you PG (I've seen Knox and PG as comps btw)
Giannis was tall, but again SG/SF
and I don't for a second believe anyone ever saw Tayshuan Prince as a PF

maybe this got lost in translation but what I meant is i don't think very many *SF/PF tweeners* live up to the billing

Knixkik
USA
2/21/2018  4:41 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
martin wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
martin wrote:

jimmy butler
to some extent PG13
giannis
tayshaun prince

i'm sure there are more.

lol - let's just call it the continued pattern of being one of those punk boys who just keeps kicking your airplane chair. is it that big of a deal, nahhh, but my god is it effing annoying. it's not jus tme he pulls it with others so he can talk a big game and pretend to be a man

anyway, Butler is a SG... not a SF/PF tweener
I'll give you PG (I've seen Knox and PG as comps btw)
Giannis was tall, but again SG/SF
and I don't for a second believe anyone ever saw Tayshuan Prince as a PF

maybe this got lost in translation but what I meant is i don't think very many *SF/PF tweeners* live up to the billing

True SF/PF tweeners would be someone who is too short for traditional PF but not with the skillset of a traditional SF. There are 'good' tweeners, like Paul George in my opinion, a skilled SF with PF size. Same with Giannis. D Green is obviously the poster child for successful bad tweener. We had one of the originals, Larry Johnson, who after his back injury was an undersized PF. But he was successful in that role even in that era. But you're right, there aren't many who have been successful as a true tweener.

Kevin Knox, Mikal or Miles Bridges?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy