[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Kevin Knox, Mikal or Miles Bridges?
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/19/2018  5:44 PM
I think no matter how many games we lose, these are our choices (unless were lucky). We absolutely need a small fwd in this draft. Who do you like out of the three?

Dzanan Musa from Bosnia & Herzegovina popped on the radar. He got my attention a little. I'm also a believer in what Jarred Vanderberlt from Kentucky can do. He could be a second rounder if he still comes out cuz of injury. There are alot of small fwd projected to go in the second round. Knicks have 2 picks.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/19/2018  5:50 PM
EnySpree wrote:I think no matter how many games we lose, these are our choices (unless were lucky). We absolutely need a small fwd in this draft. Who do you like out of the three?

Dzanan Musa from Bosnia & Herzegovina popped on the radar. He got my attention a little. I'm also a believer in what Jarred Vanderberlt from Kentucky can do. He could be a second rounder if he still comes out cuz of injury. There are alot of small fwd projected to go in the second round. Knicks have 2 picks.

We need a scorer--we dont need SF role players. Knox has the highest offensive upside of those 3 bt Im watching Jerome Robinson rest of year--hes be an unreal scorer in the ACC at high level efficiency clips --this is no 3 player menu--there is still a long way to go.

Right now lets hope the Knicks lose to Orlando. I wonder if we get to 5 or 6 if we can trade with Clippers for 9-14 if a few players are gone.

RIP Crushalot😞
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/19/2018  5:59 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
EnySpree wrote:I think no matter how many games we lose, these are our choices (unless were lucky). We absolutely need a small fwd in this draft. Who do you like out of the three?

We need a scorer--we dont need SF role players. Knox has the highest offensive upside of those 3 bt Im watching Jerome Robinson rest of year--hes be an unreal scorer in the ACC at high level efficiency clips --this is no 3 player menu--there is still a long way to go.

Right now lets hope the Knicks lose to Orlando. I wonder if we get to 5 or 6 if we can trade with Clippers for 9-14 if a few players are gone.

Jerome Robinson might fall out the first round. He's also a shooting guard. We don't really need that.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
2/19/2018  6:16 PM
BRIGGS wrote:

Right now Mikal is the best prospect and i don't think it's really close. He is a role player now, but still has upside to be more. He does 2 things really well (shoot and defend) and can build from there. Playmaking is improving this year. Role player is his downside, but his upside is pretty good too.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/19/2018  6:31 PM
Miles has star potential because of the athleticism. Plus, I like idea of pairing KP with a more physical forward. Mikal almost reminds me of a forward of Kerry Kittles. Otto Porter is another comparison. I'm pretty sure Mikal will be solid, but I don't know if he'll be star. Wouldn't be too upset if we picked him. Knox is clearly number three. I can't get over how funny Musa looks running up the court. The hunchback throw me off. He can clearly score, but his defense looks like it will be a problem from a physical standpoint. It may take him a while before he can drive consistently.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
2/19/2018  6:54 PM
BRIGGS wrote:

We don't need a scorer. We have scorers. We need playmakers. Someone that creates easy shots for others. Can draw doubles and play hella defense between Frank and KP.

The SF position seems deep in this draft though. I am wondering if we should secure a long term big man. And still land a quality SF with our 2nd rounders. Of course it depends on the unicorn level of the big.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Bretrobert1
Member: #6028

2/19/2018  7:32 PM
Miles Bridges, please.
"I love you guys." -Norman Dale
wargames
Member: #6053

2/19/2018  7:56 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/19/2018  7:57 PM
Miles is an athletic tweener, who actually fell down the rankings doing a second year. Give me skilled player like Mikal and hopefully he will become an Otto Porter player
The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/19/2018  8:12 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:Miles has star potential because of the athleticism. Plus, I like idea of pairing KP with a more physical forward. Mikal almost reminds me of a forward of Kerry Kittles. Otto Porter is another comparison. I'm pretty sure Mikal will be solid, but I don't know if he'll be star. Wouldn't be too upset if we picked him. Knox is clearly number three. I can't get over how funny Musa looks running up the court. The hunchback throw me off. He can clearly score, but his defense looks like it will be a problem from a physical standpoint. It may take him a while before he can drive consistently.

I'd bet in the nba world that Kevin knox would rank higher than those two as he has a higher ceiling especially offensively

We rank #30 in 3 pointers made-- we have an older shooting guard(lee) and a drastically inconsistent Sg in hardaway. Th team needs a scorer who can make shots with more effeciency. Also I'm not excluding a player dropping to is like Bambara. Like I said this is no 3 player menu. I would absolutely not draft miles bridges-- I'm passing

RIP Crushalot😞
BigDaddyG

2/19/2018  8:31 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:Miles has star potential because of the athleticism. Plus, I like idea of pairing KP with a more physical forward. Mikal almost reminds me of a forward of Kerry Kittles. Otto Porter is another comparison. I'm pretty sure Mikal will be solid, but I don't know if he'll be star. Wouldn't be too upset if we picked him. Knox is clearly number three. I can't get over how funny Musa looks running up the court. The hunchback throw me off. He can clearly score, but his defense looks like it will be a problem from a physical standpoint. It may take him a while before he can drive consistently.

I'd bet in the nba world that Kevin knox would rank higher than those two as he has a higher ceiling especially offensively

We rank #30 in 3 pointers made-- we have an older shooting guard(lee) and a drastically inconsistent Sg in hardaway. Th team needs a scorer who can make shots with more effeciency. Also I'm not excluding a player dropping to is like Bambara. Like I said this is no 3 player menu. I would absolutely not draft miles bridges-- I'm passing

It would depend on the game they saw Knox. Some days I'd rank him the top prospect of the three and other days I have him going in the mid-late 20s.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BigDaddyG

2/19/2018  8:34 PM
wargames wrote:Miles is an athletic tweener, who actually fell down the rankings doing a second year. Give me skilled player like Mikal and hopefully he will become an Otto Porter player

Yeah, but you'll notice that Bridges is slowly creeping back up. There was an adjustment period for him, moving from the four to the three. But his getting the hang of it. His passing has improved he's proved that his three-point shooting last year wasn't a fluke.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

2/19/2018  8:34 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/19/2018  8:36 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

We don't need a scorer. We have scorers. We need playmakers. Someone that creates easy shots for others. Can draw doubles and play hella defense between Frank and KP.

The SF position seems deep in this draft though. I am wondering if we should secure a long term big man. And still land a quality SF with our 2nd rounders. Of course it depends on the unicorn level of the big.

we need everything, and we absolutely need more offense, our 2nd and 3rd best offensive players can't be Hardaway and Kanter. Miles strikes me as a tweener, I like mikal a lot more.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Zebo13
Member: #6434
USA
2/19/2018  8:46 PM
Miles all day.
awe1028
Member: #2780

2/19/2018  9:28 PM
Everybody talking about offense. The Knicks' biggest problem is defense - perimer defense specifically. Mikal is the best perimeter defender in the draft. In addition he is an elite 3 pt which will open up the offense even more. The pick is easily Mikal unless NY finds itself in position to draft Doncic or Porter
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
2/19/2018  9:42 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

we need everything, and we absolutely need more offense, our 2nd and 3rd best offensive players can't be Hardaway and Kanter. Miles strikes me as a tweener, I like mikal a lot more.

We need an all around 2-way small forward. Doesn't mean I want Lance Thomas level offensive ability when I say we don't need a scorer. Scoring just better not be all that player does.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
BigDaddyG

2/19/2018  9:43 PM
awe1028 wrote:Everybody talking about offense. The Knicks' biggest problem is defense - perimer defense specifically. Mikal is the best perimeter defender in the draft. In addition he is an elite 3 pt which will open up the offense even more. The pick is easily Mikal unless NY finds itself in position to draft Doncic or Porter

Yeah, but Miles isn't chopped liver on D, either. In fact, I think he offer more defensive versatility on the the front court. Miles isn't as good a three point shooter, but he's still solid from there.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
2/19/2018  10:00 PM
BRIGGS wrote:

Knox reminds me of tabias Harris for better or for worse. He will be a better scorer than mikal but mikal will be a much better shooter and defender, which i think we need more at this point.

rpknicks
Member: #6003

2/19/2018  10:45 PM
At this point, I m ok with any of these 3 guys. Edge goes to Mikal because of his defense.There is not another tool that any of the 3 posses ,right now, that I am as sure of. Looking down the road, Knox might eventually put it all together but I'd wouldn't be shocked if he didn't.

Miles bridges was way ahead of the other guys this time last year. I 'd like to see more rebounding, defense, and court awareness. The game winner he made against purdue was big. That's just what you want to see.

awe1028
Member: #2780

2/19/2018  11:33 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
awe1028 wrote:Everybody talking about offense. The Knicks' biggest problem is defense - perimer defense specifically. Mikal is the best perimeter defender in the draft. In addition he is an elite 3 pt which will open up the offense even more. The pick is easily Mikal unless NY finds itself in position to draft Doncic or Porter

Yeah, but Miles isn't chopped liver on D, either. In fact, I think he offer more defensive versatility on the the front court. Miles isn't as good a three point shooter, but he's still solid from there.

Agreed Miles is a solid defender, but Mikal just fits the Knicks better. The 2 skills he has - elite perimeter defense and 3pt shooting are exactly the weaknesses the Knicks need to address

I would not be upset if Miles is the pick but the Knicks need to address their issues defensively. They began to do it with Frank and they have to continue with Mikal

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
2/20/2018  12:34 AM
Mikal for me cuz of 3nD SF. Knox 2nd cuz of potential. Then Miles. We would do well with any of the 3 given our current lack of talent at SF.
Kevin Knox, Mikal or Miles Bridges?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy