I guess no Rodney White
Author Thread
Starks3
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #211
USA
9/6/2004  1:14 AM
Thank God Isiah Din't sign this guy...
Cursed no more!!! Knicks are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
9/6/2004  1:24 AM
You don't want him because he allegedly possessed a weapon? He doesn't have to be a model citizen to be a kid worth giving a tiny fraction of the MLE to. Most people (and practically ever team in the NBA) were very interested in adding an alleged rapist to their team this summer.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
9/6/2004  1:57 AM
I'd rather have Keon. Rodney has a lot of growing up to do. Besides, I'll never forgive him for puking all over the Garden floor during that Nuggets game.
¿ △ ?
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
9/6/2004  7:55 AM
Posted by crzymdups:

I'd rather have Keon. Rodney has a lot of growing up to do. Besides, I'll never forgive him for puking all over the Garden floor during that Nuggets game.
Haha, I remember that. I wouldn't mind having him on the roster if we didn't have Shandon or Moochie, but unfortunately we do and we don't have room for him. Besides, he would probably sit on the bench all the time, or take what few garbage minutes Ariza might get. If by some chance he doesn't get signed before the season, and someone goes down, he may be worth signing.

Anyway,I agree with crzy, I'd much rather take a shot at Clark. For 1.6 mil, it's worth taking a shot at a shot-blocking center, even if he goes down during the season or struggles.

[Edited by - MaTT4281 on 09/06/2004 07:55:28]
Starks3
Member: #211
USA
9/6/2004  9:23 AM
You don't want him because he allegedly possessed a weapon? He doesn't have to be a model citizen to be a kid worth giving a tiny fraction of the MLE to. Most people (and practically ever team in the NBA) were very interested in adding an alleged rapist to their team this summer
It was way more than one weapon, the dude had a pile of guns and was shooting them in the air...yea thats real safe I sure want to give this guy some money to buy some more guns
Cursed no more!!! Knicks are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

9/6/2004  9:53 AM
This is what rich people do in their spare time.....

He must not want to have a basketball career doing stuff like that. He'd rather be in jail then play NBA basketball.....why else would he have that many illegal handguns and be shooting them in the air in the area that he did it.....so let him go to jail....

He doesn't even have a guranteed contract.....he's a restricted free agent. If he is charged send his dumb arse to jail. That's what he was looking for.

I don't understand....
I stopped smoking weed and doing my stuff years ago just in case I wanted to except a city job cuz I know that with a record or with drugs in my system I wasn't going to get it.....no matter if I move up I will never make much more that 100,000 per year. This guy is guarenteed at least 1/2 a million minimum contract just for playing a game.

Stupid!!!!!!

[Edited by - enyspree on 09/06/2004 09:58:35]
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Bonn1997
USA
9/6/2004  10:35 AM
Posted by Starks3:
You don't want him because he allegedly possessed a weapon? He doesn't have to be a model citizen to be a kid worth giving a tiny fraction of the MLE to. Most people (and practically ever team in the NBA) were very interested in adding an alleged rapist to their team this summer
It was way more than one weapon, the dude had a pile of guns and was shooting them in the air...yea thats real safe I sure want to give this guy some money to buy some more guns
For a very small contract, he'd be a worthwhile risk just like Isiah realized last year that Eddie Griffin was a worthwhile risk. Obviously, getting Griffin would not have paid off, but any time you can get a player with that talent for a very tiny price, it's worth the risk. There's basically nothing to lose since the amount you're paying them is pocket change to the Knicks.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
9/6/2004  1:39 PM
what is going on with some of these guys? they get the chance to get out of some bad situations and turn things right, but still act like punks once they make it and have the audacity to blame things on white people after the fact. It's time for urban america to grow up--stop acting like the world owes them something and that thug like behaviour is hip. Men carry guns, they should be registered but sometimes there not--OK but wtf is this guy doing to shooting randomly out the window in public? how about jail time for that action? he wont get it but he should if this is true.
RIP Crushalot😞
edsonline
Member: #735
9/6/2004  1:59 PM
Why does Rodney being a punk have to cause those sort of comments about race? That is ridiculous and pathetic.
Bonn1997
USA
9/6/2004  2:13 PM
Posted by edsonline:

Why does Rodney being a punk have to cause those sort of comments about race? That is ridiculous and pathetic.
I agree. Those were ludicrous comments to make about race or urban America just because a very small portion of urban America or even NBA players get arrested (just like a very small portion of upper class whites or any other demographic group gets arrested too)
nykfan4life
Member: #742
USA
9/6/2004  2:35 PM
Posted by Starks3:

Thank God Isiah Din't sign this guy...

Why not sign him he'll probably take anything now, besides we have an ex-alcoholic, why not a gun-toting lunatic?.

I am just kidding. we need a big man, like Shawnelle Scott, Chris Marcus, Steve Hunter, Keon, Ken Johnson, or James Lang. Hey even Stanley
Roberts remember him. These are all available Free Agents.
Oh and let's not forget Shawn Kemp, name fron the past.

[Edited by - nykfan4life on 09/06/2004 14:37:37]
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
9/6/2004  5:59 PM
OT- this is not racial, this is an ideological viewpoint. i refer to john starks book for example-this type of household is far, far to common in urban america. john almost glorifies that he was the first person to bring rock cocaine to tulsa. what has continued to happen in urban america is a terrible cycle of values that has been passed on by generation. i don't talk of any one person, but as people that are part of the human race.

imho, we need to install a system that puts kids in school at 4 years old and runs from 8-5 and a half day on sat with only 1 month of summer break. this allows mothers and fathers the opportunity to work a full day without having to worry where their child is and what they are doing--these kids needs to be under stricter educational guidelines--but ones that make sense--as kids get older they can have education vary off to the individuals skills. we also need a complete overhaul of the welfare system that encourages many to have more kids just to have more money coming in. we cant have households where 5 kids are born to 4 different fathers --there is just no responsibility being taken by to many adults
the way to change the culture is by embedding a new one at a very early age.

RIP Crushalot😞
daddynel
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #505
9/6/2004  6:19 PM
i believe the japanese school their youngins in a similar fashion. that is definitely something i've always agreed with. not that that has anything to do with the feud at hand, i just thought i'd let that be known.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
9/6/2004  6:42 PM
Actually....what's up with Eddie Griffin? I'd rather sign him than Rodney. Is he in some sort of alcoholic program? I haven't heard a peep about him.
¿ △ ?
Bonn1997
USA
9/6/2004  8:24 PM
Posted by crzymdups:

Actually....what's up with Eddie Griffin? I'd rather sign him than Rodney. Is he in some sort of alcoholic program? I haven't heard a peep about him.
I bet Isiah takes it personally when you reject an offer from his team to go to the Knicks. I don't expect Eddie in a Knicks uni as long as Isiah's here.
Bonn1997
USA
9/7/2004  8:47 AM
Update from realgm wiretap

White Held Without Bail

At their initial court appearances Monday, a judge ordered free agent Rodney White, formerly of the Denver Nuggets, and two others to be held in jail without bail until a Thursday hearing.

White, Anthony Butler and Kyle Boman were arrested early Sunday morning in Washington after a Secret Service agent stated that he saw the three men shooting guns out of a car.

This is a particularly sensitive time for White, as he is a free-agent swingman whom the Nuggets have considered re-signing this off-season. He averaged 7.5 points per game last season, his second in Denver. White was in the middle of choosing amongst several suitors at the time of this incident.
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
9/7/2004  8:49 AM
Right now, White's free agency should be the least of his worries.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
9/7/2004  8:51 AM
I think Eddies agent wanted a chance to play somewhere, not incubate.

We need people that make good decisions on and off the court. Being a professional is not just about money, its about conducting yourself in a manner that is condusive to achieving your goals, and the goals of your employer whom makes a large investment in you.

This is true at many levels, not just sports.

So going out with the boys getting all messed up is not condusive to achieving your goals. IT does not help the body or the mind.

ANd as far a racist, lets be real. Most Euros are soft on these forums, most white guys are called soft, and I even saw a comment that called John Stockton A weenie! Stockton wore funny short storts, thats it. Look at his stats, look at how many games he played and read up on the man. He is no weenie!

Bonn1997
USA
9/7/2004  8:56 AM
Posted by Nalod:

I think Eddies agent wanted a chance to play somewhere, not incubate.

We need people that make good decisions on and off the court. Being a professional is not just about money, its about conducting yourself in a manner that is condusive to achieving your goals, and the goals of your employer whom makes a large investment in you.
Don't forget that we got Sprewell right after he had a full season suspension for choking his coach. If White's not going to jail, he's talented and young enough to be a worthile gamble for a small salary.
edsonline
Member: #735
9/7/2004  11:31 AM
What was said was racist. And had nothing to do with basketball. Period. End of story. And the examples that NALOD listed are wrong as well, "European players" and "white players" shouldn't be categorized as "soft". As for as Stockton goes, he was a great player, so it shouldn't have mattered if he was wearing glasses, braces, a pocket protector, and suspenders out there, he was a great player.
I guess no Rodney White

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy