Member: #508
USA
2/16/2018  12:39 PM

Whats your question?
Bretrobert1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6028

2/16/2018  1:02 PM
I really don't have any questions. I'm an advisor for a wealth management group and follow the business/stock. Was just looking to see if there were other shareholders on here and wanted to hear their thoughts.

Is there a way to PM someone on this message board? I was going to PM you, Nalod, but I can't figure out how.

"I love you guys." -Norman Dale
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/16/2018  1:04 PM
Bretrobert1 wrote:I really don't have any questions. I'm an advisor for a wealth management group and follow the business/stock. Was just looking to see if there were other shareholders on here and wanted to hear their thoughts.

Is there a way to PM someone on this message board? I was going to PM you, Nalod, but I can't figure out how.

Unfortunately, no. Sorry.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
USA
2/16/2018  1:11 PM
Bretrobert1 wrote:I really don't have any questions. I'm an advisor for a wealth management group and follow the business/stock. Was just looking to see if there were other shareholders on here and wanted to hear their thoughts.

Thanks. I too am a paid pro but I don't chat on any stock even in private. I appreciate the reach out.
I'd really like to hear knicks1248 pitch an idea. That would be fun.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

2/16/2018  8:02 PM
Nalod wrote:

Thanks. I too am a paid pro but I don't chat on any stock even in private. I appreciate the reach out.

Are we doomed Nalod? is the economy about to tank harder than the Knicks?

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

2/16/2018  9:53 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Why do you think it's doomed? How do you define the economy being doomed?

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Nalod
USA
2/17/2018  11:55 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Knick fans are doomed.
Economy less so. There are always negative pundits to grab attention and in time they will be right. Bull markets end in recessions and that is not in the cards in the short term.
Interest rates? Don’t worry until 10 year gets over 4%, but the move to it will cause reaction. In any 12 month cycle, Market corrects 75% of the time 5%, and 64% of the time 10%. So its not about why the market all of a sudden got volitiele, its why for 420 trading days these did not occur.
Forward P/E ratio is more telling than any index number. Look at last 20 years and the market. That will tell you more about how long it took to retrace previous highs, then look a the P/E’s at various highs and lows. Corp. Tax rate is a stimulus to earnings and its real.
Want to beat the market? Do it on the downside. Accept losses as part of the day and keep your eye on the big picture. It’s why we have hope with KP and Frank. Sometimes good ideas don’t pan out, sometimes they take time. Stocks, the economy and knicks. It’s all life’s lessons.
This is generic stuff not a Nalodian prophecy.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

2/17/2018  12:09 PM

former pro and former shareholder. I bought it on spec when the Knicks had a chance to sign LeBron. That's the problem - myself and everyone on this board is way too biased to objectively own a piece of the company. I would look elsewhere for input. If you are interested in buying I would wait until after the Rangers miss out on the playoffs. Losing out on those gates after many years of deep runs I think should provide a good purchasing opportunity

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

2/17/2018  12:10 PM
Nalod wrote:

I would pay to hear that pitch lol

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/17/2018  12:11 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Nalod wrote:

https://www.economist.com/news/finance-and-economics/21736561-one-study-suggests-insiders-profited-even-global-financial-crisis-another

Id be worried about all those trillions in derivatives out there, and how markets would react if governments started going after the "big fishes". Not predicting anything, just some things I would monitor.

Nalod
USA
2/17/2018  12:16 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:

former pro and former shareholder. I bought it on spec when the Knicks had a chance to sign LeBron. That's the problem - myself and everyone on this board is way too biased to objectively own a piece of the company. I would look elsewhere for input. If you are interested in buying I would wait until after the Rangers miss out on the playoffs. Losing out on those gates after many years of deep runs I think should provide a good purchasing opportunity

LOL!!

I took a quick 10% trade then too. Remember the co is different now.
I would not look at short term events like revenue from Rangers. The stock valuations with knicks and Rangers being at the top of their league valuations move this thing more than playoff revenue.
I read a report from my co. Recently and there is a lack of transparancy about what drives the company going forward. Did you read about the London and Vegas projects? Pretty out there stuff. Not sure how that plays out. Not a bad thing, its “uncertainty” and thats never a good thing, but really is it bad? Kind of like knick fans. Hate uncertainty.

Nalod
USA
2/17/2018  12:17 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
Nalod wrote:

I would pay to hear that pitch lol

LOL, he’d be poster child for the SEC making shyt up!

meloshouldgo

2/17/2018  3:03 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Nalod wrote:

https://www.economist.com/news/finance-and-economics/21736561-one-study-suggests-insiders-profited-even-global-financial-crisis-another

Id be worried about all those trillions in derivatives out there, and how markets would react if governments started going after the "big fishes". Not predicting anything, just some things I would monitor.

Government go after the big fish? Did you not get the memo Trump was elected to the white house in 2017? What do market reactions really have to do with te economy? I closely follow both and they are interdependent but not correlated. Here's a Wall st. inside joke - The stock market has correctly predicted 9 of the last 5 recessions. We have had a secular bull marketfor 2-3 years now, the economy hasn't radically improved. 80% of americans are still living paycheck to paycheck. The American Dream is financed by debt, not profitability.

Nalod
USA
2/17/2018  3:07 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Government go after the big fish? Did you not get the memo Trump was elected to the white house in 2017? What do market reactions really have to do with te economy? I closely follow both and they are interdependent but not correlated. Here's a Wall st. inside joke - The stock market has correctly predicted 9 of the last 5 recessions. We have had a secular bull marketfor 2-3 years now, the economy hasn't radically improved. 80% of americans are still living paycheck to paycheck. The American Dream is financed by debt, not profitability.

The big fishes control Govt. Here and abroad.
Equity markets are not simple proxies for the american worker.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/17/2018  3:13 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Unlike other eras the financial services industry is the main driver of our economy. Not manufacturing. Most of the stock surge since before Trump is being driven by stock buy backs. Thats what a lot of the debt is financing.

As far as correctly predicting the last recession, Wall Street was responsible.

meloshouldgo

2/17/2018  3:27 PM
Nalod wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Knick fans are doomed.
Economy less so. There are always negative pundits to grab attention and in time they will be right. Bull markets end in recessions and that is not in the cards in the short term.
Interest rates? Don’t worry until 10 year gets over 4%, but the move to it will cause reaction. In any 12 month cycle, Market corrects 75% of the time 5%, and 64% of the time 10%. So its not about why the market all of a sudden got volitiele, its why for 420 trading days these did not occur.
Forward P/E ratio is more telling than any index number. Look at last 20 years and the market. That will tell you more about how long it took to retrace previous highs, then look a the P/E’s at various highs and lows. Corp. Tax rate is a stimulus to earnings and its real.
Want to beat the market? Do it on the downside. Accept losses as part of the day and keep your eye on the big picture. It’s why we have hope with KP and Frank. Sometimes good ideas don’t pan out, sometimes they take time. Stocks, the economy and knicks. It’s all life’s lessons.
This is generic stuff not a Nalodian prophecy.

Same question I asked Gustav - why do people start talking about the stock market when asked about the economy?

Your first point was at least related to economics but I disagree with it. It doesn't matter if the 10 year yield hits 4%, the interesting thing about the yield cureve is when it gets flat or inverted. If the Fed ever raises the Fed funds rate to over the yield on the 10 year rate and the yield on the 2 year notes stays correlated with the Fed Funds rate then you have an inverted yiedl curve. Inverted yield curves are one of the best predictors of recessions.

There are clearly defined strategies to earn money during falling markets and long term bear runs, but they involve risk, more risk than buying stocks with the same amout of money. I am an option trader so I don't always lose money whenthe market crashes - in fact a lot of my positions are market neutral and hedged against both large spikes and large drops.

meloshouldgo

2/17/2018  3:33 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/17/2018  3:39 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Unlike other eras the financial services industry is the main driver of our economy. Not manufacturing. Most of the stock surge since before Trump is being driven by stock buy backs. Thats what a lot of the debt is financing.

As far as correctly predicting the last recession, Wall Street was responsible.

Completely agree with teh first sentence - except that is not the economy we live in. The way I look at it, the economy separated into the part you described - that is what is measured in GDP etc. The growth engine for that economy is Finance, Real Estate and insurance industries. Then there is the old manufacturing based part of the economy that's the one that's actually correlated to the standard of living of more than 90% of the population. That one ain't doing so hot. That is why a secular bull market in the first doesn't translate to better standards of living in the second.

EDIT: Stock buy backs started long before Trump, but yes most of the tax cuts will be used for this. I have been posting that since teh tax bill was first made public.

Nalod
USA
2/17/2018  3:59 PM
Stock buy backs might not be healthy for economic growth, but its good for the stock that buys back.
Im not into debating economic theory online.
Curves don't cause recessions, the underlying activity that creates it.
There is a lot of things wrong with dispersion of equity, wages and the doom and gloom that goes with it. Always been a problem. Sometimes better, sometimes worse.
trump has monetized "how we doing".
One can say the worker since the beginning of time has been screwed whether they ere serf, slave, or soldier. Human animal is a mean spirited species!
Measure of prosperity is GDP but we are poisoning our food, blood, water, and lobbies dictate policy.
meloshouldgo

2/17/2018  4:09 PM
Inline

Nalod wrote:Stock buy backs might not be healthy for economic growth, but its good for the stock that buys back.
That's kinda obvious isn't it?

Im not into debating economic theory online.
OK

Curves don't cause recessions, the underlying activity that creates it.
You just contradicted your last point. I didn't say curves cause recessions, I said they are good indicators

There is a lot of things wrong with dispersion of equity, wages and the doom and gloom that goes with it. Always been a problem. Sometimes better, sometimes worse.
Agreed

trump has monetized "how we doing".
No idea what this means

One can say the worker since the beginning of time has been screwed whether they ere serf, slave, or soldier. Human animal is a mean spirited species!
One can say a lot of things, but one doesn't always make sense

Measure of prosperity is GDP but we are poisoning our food, blood, water, and lobbies dictate policy.
Measure of prosperity is GDP, if you belong to the top 5%, otherwise NOT
MSG: Who owns/follows the stock?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy